|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Godric describes Roger Mouse as a _____.
2. Roger Mouse buys a dappled mare in Newcastle so he can trot around like a _____.
(a) Turkish prince.
(b) Welsh knave.
(c) Norman baron.
(d) Scottish brigand.
3. What is a name that Burcwen alone calls William?
4. What animal does Godric see in the woods on the way home from Rome?
(a) A boar.
(b) A bear.
(c) A mountain lion.
(d) A hawk.
5. What does Godric liken Gillian's laughter to?
(a) Sun bouncing through dew drops.
(b) A babbling brook.
(c) A silver bell.
(d) A waterfall.
6. What does Cuthbert say he is to Gossip Guillemot?
(a) A father figure.
(b) A scratching post with a heart.
(c) A bald head like an egg.
(d) A tree to climb.
7. What does Reginald call Godric?
8. What is Henry Second called?
(a) The Righteous.
(b) The Terrible.
(c) Becket's bane.
(d) Regent's advisor.
9. Which Jew turns Christian in the book?
10. Where is the pictish king from?
11. What does Aedwen give to Godric for his trip when he leaves home?
(a) A fox coat and some dried mushrooms.
(b) A box of dried figs and a wool scarf.
(c) A sack of berries and a wool cap.
(d) A talisman and some flint.
12. What does Godric say the waves look like when the sea crests?
(a) Grey walls.
(b) Curled sky.
(c) A bowl of soup.
(d) Blue hills.
13. What is Deric short for?
14. Where in Rome does Aedlward tell her she needs to pray for him?
(a) The Sistine Chapel.
(b) St. Helena's cross.
(c) The Confessio.
(d) Peter's tomb.
15. What name is William called by his mother and sister?
(b) Silly Willy.
(d) Will Wagtongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Godric think of as the Wear threatens to flood?
2. What is Burcwen carrying when Godric is about to leave home?
3. Who does Godric learn has saved him from the sea by speaking to him beneath the waves?
4. What color are Aedlward's eyes?
5. Reginald believes that Godric means _____.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)