|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is William called by his mother and sister?
(b) Will Wagtongue.
(d) Silly Willy.
2. Where in Rome does Aedlward tell her she needs to pray for him?
(a) St. Helena's cross.
(b) Peter's tomb.
(c) The Confessio.
(d) The Sistine Chapel.
3. What does Cuthbert tell Godric that a man leaves behind when he leaves home?
(a) A piece of his memory.
(b) His values.
(c) His identity.
(d) A scrap of his heart.
4. Reginald believes that Godric means _____.
(a) "Goat rhyme".
(b) "Good lamb".
(c) "God reign".
(d) "Gold rite".
5. Ailred's cough is like _____ to Godric.
(a) Raining rocks.
(b) Breaking glass.
(c) Thunder claps.
(d) Splitting wood.
6. What do the monks call their abode?
(a) The Loft.
(b) The Lighthouse.
(c) The Sanctum.
(d) Heaven's Gate.
7. Which Jew turns Christian in the book?
8. What ailment does Ailred have that vexes Godric constantly?
(a) A cough.
(d) A sour stomach.
9. Where was the crew of the Saint Esprit primarily from?
10. Where are the pilgrims from who join Godric and Aedwen on their journey home from Rome?
11. What is a name that Burcwen alone calls William?
12. Where is the pictish king from?
13. Who is with Godric when he meets Gillian?
(c) Roger Mouse.
14. With what substance does Falkes de Granvill paint his eyebrows?
(b) Cinnamon bark.
15. How many years has Aedlward been dead when Godric goes back home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry Second called?
2. In the Lady month of May, Aedwen is a _____ again.
3. What does Godric say the waves look like when the sea crests?
4. What color are Aedlward's eyes?
5. Who is Godric afraid will be a threat to his sister at sea if she goes with him when he leaves home again?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)