|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who weeps when Godric leaves home?
2. Where in Rome does Aedlward tell her she needs to pray for him?
(a) St. Helena's cross.
(b) The Confessio.
(c) The Sistine Chapel.
(d) Peter's tomb.
3. Where does Gillian vanish?
(a) In an angry mob.
(b) In a Dover wood.
(c) On a pirate ship.
(d) On Russian steppes.
4. Of what is Godric speaking when Falkes de Granvill compliments him for speaking so fair?
(b) The Man in the Moon.
5. What is a name that Burcwen alone calls William?
6. What does Godric lay at his father's grave stone?
(a) A gillyflower.
(b) A straw cross.
(c) A spray of cornflowers.
(d) A wooden doll.
7. What does Perkin bring to Godric to eat?
8. What does Godric say the waves look like when the sea crests?
(a) Blue hills.
(b) Curled sky.
(c) Grey walls.
(d) A bowl of soup.
9. What does Roger Mouse smell like when he puts his arm around Godric when they are on the Saint Esprit?
10. Where does Godric bury his wealth?
(c) Bishop's Lynn.
11. What does Aedwen say has turned Godric's Saxon brain when he tries to tell her of the maid he sees in the woods?
(a) Forest mushrooms.
(b) Romish figs.
(c) Yellow lettuce.
(d) Ventian wine.
12. Reginald comments on Godric's great _____ as Godric protests Reginald's exaltation of him.
13. What does Falkes de Granvill threaten Godric with "in he ever catches him cozening his lord"?
14. Legend has it that _____ drained the old Wash to plow and had buried treasure there.
(b) Atilla the Hun.
(c) Alexander the Great.
15. Captain Mouse is Godric's charm against _____on the Saint Esprit.
(a) Dragons from the West.
(b) The Evil Eye.
(c) Hitting rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peregrine Small's occupation?
2. What is the name of the mason who travels home from Rome with Godric and Aedwen?
3. Where does Aedwen fear that Aedlward is trapped?
4. Jacob labored seven years to win the fair _____.
5. Where is Falkes de Granvill a lord?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)