|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Godric say the waves look like when the sea crests?
(a) Curled sky.
(b) A bowl of soup.
(c) Grey walls.
(d) Blue hills.
2. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
(a) A carriage door.
(b) Two pot lids.
(c) Half a church bell.
(d) A horse trough.
3. What does Aedwen give to Godric for his trip when he leaves home?
(a) A sack of berries and a wool cap.
(b) A box of dried figs and a wool scarf.
(c) A talisman and some flint.
(d) A fox coat and some dried mushrooms.
4. Of what is Godric speaking when Falkes de Granvill compliments him for speaking so fair?
(c) The Man in the Moon.
5. What is Hedwic's heritage?
(a) She is an Irish noblewoman.
(b) She is a high-born Saxon.
(c) She is a Welsh pricess.
(d) She is a peasant-born Russian.
6. What is the name of the priest who scolds Aedwen for dancing a Christmas jig in the churchyard?
(a) Edgar Brown.
(b) Theo Drummond.
(c) Tom Ball.
(d) John Clover.
7. What sort of horse does Falkes de Granvill ride?
(a) A Shetland.
(b) A bay.
(c) A paint.
(d) A dapplegray.
8. Legend has it that _____ drained the old Wash to plow and had buried treasure there.
(a) Atilla the Hun.
(c) Alexander the Great.
9. Who does Godric learn has saved him from the sea by speaking to him beneath the waves?
(a) Angel Gabriel.
10. Who does Godric think of as the Wear threatens to flood?
(b) St. Peter.
(c) His father in his grave.
11. Which Jew turns Christian in the book?
12. What does Godric hear Roger Mouse cry as Spring comes?
(a) "Opportunites abound!"
(b) "Be merry!"
(c) "Live! Live!"
(d) "Eat and dance!"
13. What does Brurcwen say, sarcastically, that Godric learned in Rome?
(b) Fear of God.
14. Who is with Godric when he meets Gillian?
(a) Roger Mouse.
15. What does Perkin bring to Godric to eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is William called by his mother and sister?
2. In what place does Peregrine Small die?
3. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
4. Godric describes Roger Mouse as a _____.
5. What do Godric and Roger Mouse stow on their boat besides hides and fish?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)