|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Ailred have that vexes Godric constantly?
(a) A sour stomach.
(d) A cough.
2. What has Godric built that he wades up to as the Wear is surging and rolling to flood?
(a) A little church.
(b) A tree house.
(c) A well.
(d) A storage shed.
3. Where does Aedwen fear that Aedlward is trapped?
(b) Under the ground.
(c) In her mind.
4. What is the title of Ranulf Flambard?
5. What color are the sails on the Saint Esprit?
6. Godric says his wealth piled up like _____.
7. Who is the Newcastle shipwright that Roger Mouse gets his initial boat from?
8. What sort of horse does Falkes de Granvill ride?
(a) A Shetland.
(b) A bay.
(c) A paint.
(d) A dapplegray.
9. After Peregrine Small dies, what of his becomes extremely valuable that Godric sells?
(a) His house.
(b) His horse.
(c) His blood.
(d) His writings.
10. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
(a) A horse trough.
(b) A carriage door.
(c) Two pot lids.
(d) Half a church bell.
11. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
(a) Three chains.
(b) Three daggers.
(c) Three squirrel tails.
(d) Three brooches.
12. What does Cuthbert tell Godric that a man leaves behind when he leaves home?
(a) His values.
(b) A scrap of his heart.
(c) A piece of his memory.
(d) His identity.
13. Ailred's cough is like _____ to Godric.
(a) Thunder claps.
(b) Splitting wood.
(c) Raining rocks.
(d) Breaking glass.
14. Where is Ailred made abbot for a time?
15. Who bids Godric farewell when he leaves with Falkes de Granvill?
(a) Aedwen and William.
(b) Ailred and Reginald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reginald believes that Godric means _____.
2. What does Aedwen give to Godric for his trip when he leaves home?
3. What does Godric hear Roger Mouse cry as Spring comes?
4. Were doe Aedwen and Godric ship out from on their way to Rome?
5. Where does Godric meet Gillian?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)