|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the order of monks that Reginald comes from?
2. What do the monks call their abode?
(a) The Sanctum.
(b) The Lighthouse.
(c) The Loft.
(d) Heaven's Gate.
3. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
(a) Two pot lids.
(b) A carriage door.
(c) A horse trough.
(d) Half a church bell.
4. Godric describes Roger Mouse as a _____.
5. Where does the Saint Esprit go down with Roger Mouse?
(a) On Welsh rocks.
(b) In the Bering Strait.
(c) On the kick of Italy's boot.
(d) Off Indonesia.
6. What does Burcwen threaten to do if Godric doesn't let her go with him?
(a) Hang herself.
(b) Burn the house down.
(c) Stalk him anyway.
(d) Sell her livestock.
7. Roger Mouse buys a dappled mare in Newcastle so he can trot around like a _____.
(a) Scottish brigand.
(b) Turkish prince.
(c) Welsh knave.
(d) Norman baron.
8. Who does Burcwen say must be Godric's uncle, too, when he is about to leave?
(a) St. Peter.
(b) The Man in the Moon.
(d) The Sorcerer, Merlin.
9. What does Brurcwen say, sarcastically, that Godric learned in Rome?
(b) Fear of God.
10. Godric sees himself as mocking his followers with his _____.
(a) Devil's grin.
(b) Horse-drawn laugh.
(c) Mirthless mind.
(d) Peacock heart.
11. Who is the Newcastle shipwright that Roger Mouse gets his initial boat from?
12. What does Roger Mouse smell like when he puts his arm around Godric when they are on the Saint Esprit?
13. Reginald comments on Godric's great _____ as Godric protests Reginald's exaltation of him.
14. Where in Rome does Aedlward tell her she needs to pray for him?
(a) The Confessio.
(b) St. Helena's cross.
(c) Peter's tomb.
(d) The Sistine Chapel.
15. What name is William called by his mother and sister?
(b) Silly Willy.
(d) Will Wagtongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
2. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
3. What is the name of the priest who scolds Aedwen for dancing a Christmas jig in the churchyard?
4. Who kicked Godric's father in the groin before he died?
5. Who is the only person who weeps when Godric leaves home?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)