|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what substance does Falkes de Granvill paint his eyebrows?
(d) Cinnamon bark.
2. Were doe Aedwen and Godric ship out from on their way to Rome?
3. Reginald comments on Godric's great _____ as Godric protests Reginald's exaltation of him.
4. What does Perkin bring to Godric to eat?
5. What does Cuthbert say he is to Gossip Guillemot?
(a) A scratching post with a heart.
(b) A bald head like an egg.
(c) A tree to climb.
(d) A father figure.
6. What is the title of Ranulf Flambard?
7. What does Falkes de Granvill threaten Godric with "in he ever catches him cozening his lord"?
8. Where are the pilgrims from who join Godric and Aedwen on their journey home from Rome?
9. What does Godric lay at his father's grave stone?
(a) A straw cross.
(b) A spray of cornflowers.
(c) A wooden doll.
(d) A gillyflower.
10. What is the parting gift Burcwen gives to Godric when he leaves home?
(a) A whittled cross.
(b) Some dried squirrel.
(c) A polished river rock.
(d) A leather bag.
11. What does Brurcwen say, sarcastically, that Godric learned in Rome?
(d) Fear of God.
12. What is the name of the hare that Cuthbert tells Godric about who saved him from hunger once?
13. What is Burcwen carrying when Godric is about to leave home?
(a) A cat.
(b) A basket.
(c) A potato sack.
(d) A plucked chicken.
14. What does Reginald call Godric?
15. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
(a) A carriage door.
(b) Two pot lids.
(c) Half a church bell.
(d) A horse trough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Godric meet Gillian?
2. What name is William called by his mother and sister?
3. What color is the pope's saddle as Godric watches him ride past?
4. According to Godric, Tom Ball sweats like a _____.
5. Who does Godric learn has saved him from the sea by speaking to him beneath the waves?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)