|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
(a) In a jar.
(b) Under the rug.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In a cigar box.
2. Who is with Godric when he meets Gillian?
(d) Roger Mouse.
3. What does Falkes de Granvill threaten Godric with "in he ever catches him cozening his lord"?
4. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
(a) Three squirrel tails.
(b) Three brooches.
(c) Three chains.
(d) Three daggers.
5. What is Hedwic's heritage?
(a) She is a high-born Saxon.
(b) She is a peasant-born Russian.
(c) She is an Irish noblewoman.
(d) She is a Welsh pricess.
6. Legend has it that _____ drained the old Wash to plow and had buried treasure there.
(a) Alexander the Great.
(b) Atilla the Hun.
7. Where are the pilgrims from who join Godric and Aedwen on their journey home from Rome?
8. Where does Godric meet Gillian?
(a) On a Roman hill.
(b) Under a yellow awning.
(c) In a seaside town.
(d) In a French garden.
9. In the Lady month of May, Aedwen is a _____ again.
10. Where is the pictish king from?
11. Of what is Godric speaking when Falkes de Granvill compliments him for speaking so fair?
(b) The Man in the Moon.
12. Who is the only person who weeps when Godric leaves home?
13. Were doe Aedwen and Godric ship out from on their way to Rome?
14. What is Peregrine Small's occupation?
(a) Livery man.
(c) Court composer.
15. Roger Mouse buys a dappled mare in Newcastle so he can trot around like a _____.
(a) Turkish prince.
(b) Scottish brigand.
(c) Welsh knave.
(d) Norman baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reginald believes that Godric means _____.
2. What does Brurcwen say, sarcastically, that Godric learned in Rome?
3. What is Henry Second called?
4. in which place does Godric kiss the leper?
5. What name is William called by his mother and sister?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)