|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aedwen fear that Aedlward is trapped?
(c) In her mind.
(d) Under the ground.
2. Where does Godric meet Gillian?
(a) In a French garden.
(b) Under a yellow awning.
(c) On a Roman hill.
(d) In a seaside town.
3. What does Brurcwen say, sarcastically, that Godric learned in Rome?
(c) Fear of God.
4. What does Godric say the waves look like when the sea crests?
(a) Grey walls.
(b) Blue hills.
(c) A bowl of soup.
(d) Curled sky.
5. Where is the pictish king from?
6. What is Burcwen carrying when Godric is about to leave home?
(a) A cat.
(b) A plucked chicken.
(c) A basket.
(d) A potato sack.
7. What is the title of Ranulf Flambard?
8. Godric decides that Roger Mouse's sins smacked less of evil than of _____.
9. Where does Godric bury his wealth?
(c) Bishop's Lynn.
10. Captain Mouse is Godric's charm against _____on the Saint Esprit.
(b) The Evil Eye.
(c) Hitting rocks.
(d) Dragons from the West.
11. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
(a) Three daggers.
(b) Three chains.
(c) Three squirrel tails.
(d) Three brooches.
12. What does Perkin bring to Godric to eat?
13. What does Reginald believe is the meaning of the name "Aedlward"?
(a) Eye of the Wise.
(b) Keeper of Blessedness.
(c) Humble Servant.
(d) King of the Sovereign.
14. In Godric's dreams, a sack of _____ is on his father's knee.
15. Where does the Saint Esprit go down with Roger Mouse?
(a) In the Bering Strait.
(b) On Welsh rocks.
(c) On the kick of Italy's boot.
(d) Off Indonesia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is William called by his mother and sister?
2. What animal does Godric see in the woods on the way home from Rome?
3. Godric sees himself as mocking his followers with his _____.
4. After Peregrine Small dies, what of his becomes extremely valuable that Godric sells?
5. Who bids Godric farewell when he leaves with Falkes de Granvill?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)