|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Ranulf Flambard?
2. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
(a) Two pot lids.
(b) A horse trough.
(c) A carriage door.
(d) Half a church bell.
3. With what substance does Falkes de Granvill paint his eyebrows?
(c) Cinnamon bark.
4. What is the name of the mason who travels home from Rome with Godric and Aedwen?
(a) Ralph Brodo.
(b) Henry Longfellow.
(c) Randall Brigg.
(d) John Longue.
5. What is Deric short for?
6. Which occupation in Godric's time worked with wax seal contracts and bargains?
7. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
(a) Three squirrel tails.
(b) Three chains.
(c) Three daggers.
(d) Three brooches.
8. Who does Burcwen say must be Godric's uncle, too, when he is about to leave?
(a) St. Peter.
(c) The Man in the Moon.
(d) The Sorcerer, Merlin.
9. After Peregrine Small dies, what of his becomes extremely valuable that Godric sells?
(a) His blood.
(b) His horse.
(c) His writings.
(d) His house.
10. According to Godric, Tom Ball sweats like a _____.
11. Godric sees himself as mocking his followers with his _____.
(a) Devil's grin.
(b) Peacock heart.
(c) Mirthless mind.
(d) Horse-drawn laugh.
12. Where does Godric meet Gillian?
(a) Under a yellow awning.
(b) In a seaside town.
(c) On a Roman hill.
(d) In a French garden.
13. Where does Aedwen fear that Aedlward is trapped?
(a) Under the ground.
(c) In her mind.
14. What does Cuthbert tell Godric that a man leaves behind when he leaves home?
(a) A piece of his memory.
(b) A scrap of his heart.
(c) His values.
(d) His identity.
15. Who does Godric think of as the Wear threatens to flood?
(a) St. Peter.
(b) His father in his grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Godric afraid will be a threat to his sister at sea if she goes with him when he leaves home again?
2. Where in Rome does Aedlward tell her she needs to pray for him?
3. What is a name that Burcwen alone calls William?
4. What color are Aedlward's eyes?
5. What does Roger Mouse smell like when he puts his arm around Godric when they are on the Saint Esprit?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)