|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Ailred have that vexes Godric constantly?
(c) A cough.
(d) A sour stomach.
2. Who does Godric learn has saved him from the sea by speaking to him beneath the waves?
(a) Angel Gabriel.
3. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In a jar.
(c) Under the rug.
(d) In a cigar box.
4. What color are Aedlward's eyes?
5. What does John Cherryman wear to commemorate his sons who have died in the war?
(a) Three daggers.
(b) Three chains.
(c) Three squirrel tails.
(d) Three brooches.
6. What name is William called by his mother and sister?
(a) Silly Willy.
(c) Will Wagtongue.
7. What do the monks give followers that they send to Godric for healing to prove they have been sent by the monks?
(a) A leather bookmark.
(b) A wooden coin.
(c) A cross of plaited straw.
(d) A rock from the Wear.
8. What does Godric hear Roger Mouse cry as Spring comes?
(a) "Eat and dance!"
(b) "Live! Live!"
(c) "Be merry!"
(d) "Opportunites abound!"
9. What does Cuthbert tell Godric that a man leaves behind when he leaves home?
(a) A piece of his memory.
(b) A scrap of his heart.
(c) His values.
(d) His identity.
10. Where does Godric meet Gillian?
(a) In a seaside town.
(b) In a French garden.
(c) Under a yellow awning.
(d) On a Roman hill.
11. Godric sees himself as mocking his followers with his _____.
(a) Horse-drawn laugh.
(b) Devil's grin.
(c) Mirthless mind.
(d) Peacock heart.
12. Who does Burcwen say must be Godric's uncle, too, when he is about to leave?
(b) The Sorcerer, Merlin.
(c) The Man in the Moon.
(d) St. Peter.
13. Who is the Newcastle shipwright that Roger Mouse gets his initial boat from?
14. What is the name of the mason who travels home from Rome with Godric and Aedwen?
(a) John Longue.
(b) Henry Longfellow.
(c) Ralph Brodo.
(d) Randall Brigg.
15. What is Henry Second called?
(a) Regent's advisor.
(b) Becket's bane.
(c) The Righteous.
(d) The Terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the monks call their abode?
2. What does Perkin bring to Godric to eat?
3. What does Falkes de Granvill threaten Godric with "in he ever catches him cozening his lord"?
4. What does Aedwen say has turned Godric's Saxon brain when he tries to tell her of the maid he sees in the woods?
5. What does Reginald call Godric?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)