|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Rome does Aedlward tell her she needs to pray for him?
(a) Peter's tomb.
(b) The Sistine Chapel.
(c) The Confessio.
(d) St. Helena's cross.
2. In the Lady month of May, Aedwen is a _____ again.
3. What has Godric built that he wades up to as the Wear is surging and rolling to flood?
(a) A well.
(b) A storage shed.
(c) A tree house.
(d) A little church.
4. Roger Mouse buys a dappled mare in Newcastle so he can trot around like a _____.
(a) Scottish brigand.
(b) Welsh knave.
(c) Norman baron.
(d) Turkish prince.
5. What is Burcwen carrying when Godric is about to leave home?
(a) A basket.
(b) A cat.
(c) A plucked chicken.
(d) A potato sack.
6. According to Godric, Tom Ball sweats like a _____.
7. Who does Godric think of as the Wear threatens to flood?
(a) St. Peter.
(c) His father in his grave.
8. Where was the crew of the Saint Esprit primarily from?
9. Reginald comments on Godric's great _____ as Godric protests Reginald's exaltation of him.
10. Godric says his wealth piled up like _____.
11. What is the title of Ranulf Flambard?
12. What is the name of the hare that Cuthbert tells Godric about who saved him from hunger once?
13. What does Godric say the waves look like when the sea crests?
(a) A bowl of soup.
(b) Blue hills.
(c) Curled sky.
(d) Grey walls.
14. Where is the pictish king from?
15. What is Hedwic's heritage?
(a) She is a Welsh pricess.
(b) She is a high-born Saxon.
(c) She is a peasant-born Russian.
(d) She is an Irish noblewoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Godric sees himself as mocking his followers with his _____.
2. Where is Ailred made abbot for a time?
3. What does Cuthbert tell Godric that a man leaves behind when he leaves home?
4. Who is the Newcastle shipwright that Roger Mouse gets his initial boat from?
5. What color is the pope's saddle as Godric watches him ride past?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)