|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the monks give followers that they send to Godric for healing to prove they have been sent by the monks?
(a) A leather bookmark.
(b) A rock from the Wear.
(c) A cross of plaited straw.
(d) A wooden coin.
2. Godric decides that Roger Mouse's sins smacked less of evil than of _____.
3. What does Cuthbert say he is to Gossip Guillemot?
(a) A tree to climb.
(b) A bald head like an egg.
(c) A scratching post with a heart.
(d) A father figure.
4. What does Godric lay at his father's grave stone?
(a) A wooden doll.
(b) A gillyflower.
(c) A spray of cornflowers.
(d) A straw cross.
5. Which occupation in Godric's time worked with wax seal contracts and bargains?
6. In what place does Peregrine Small die?
(a) Bishop's Lynn.
7. Godric describes Roger Mouse as a _____.
8. Who is with Godric when he meets Gillian?
(c) Roger Mouse.
9. Where does Godric bury his wealth?
(d) Bishop's Lynn.
10. How many years has Aedlward been dead when Godric goes back home?
11. Where is the pictish king from?
12. What do Godric and Roger Mouse stow on their boat besides hides and fish?
13. Who is Godric afraid will be a threat to his sister at sea if she goes with him when he leaves home again?
(a) Tuscan raiders.
(c) Venetian rogues.
(d) Roger Mouse.
14. In Godric's dreams, a sack of _____ is on his father's knee.
15. Who is the only person who weeps when Godric leaves home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
2. Who does Godric learn has saved him from the sea by speaking to him beneath the waves?
3. What does Aedwen say has turned Godric's Saxon brain when he tries to tell her of the maid he sees in the woods?
4. Ailred's cough is like _____ to Godric.
5. Which Jew turns Christian in the book?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)