|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do people say has scored Godric's body?
(b) Godric himself.
(c) The Devil.
2. What is Godric's iron vest fashioned from by a smith?
(a) Two pot lids.
(b) Half a church bell.
(c) A horse trough.
(d) A carriage door.
3. Godric sees himself as mocking his followers with his _____.
(a) Mirthless mind.
(b) Horse-drawn laugh.
(c) Peacock heart.
(d) Devil's grin.
4. What does Godric liken Gillian's laughter to?
(a) Sun bouncing through dew drops.
(b) A babbling brook.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A silver bell.
5. Reginald comments on Godric's great _____ as Godric protests Reginald's exaltation of him.
6. Where was the crew of the Saint Esprit primarily from?
7. Where does Godric bury his wealth?
(c) Bishop's Lynn.
8. What do Godric and Roger Mouse stow on their boat besides hides and fish?
9. Where does Godric meet Gillian?
(a) In a French garden.
(b) In a seaside town.
(c) Under a yellow awning.
(d) On a Roman hill.
10. What do the monks call their abode?
(a) The Loft.
(b) The Sanctum.
(c) The Lighthouse.
(d) Heaven's Gate.
11. In the Lady month of May, Aedwen is a _____ again.
12. In Godric's dreams, a sack of _____ is on his father's knee.
13. What is a name that Burcwen alone calls William?
14. Where does Godric's snake, Tune, sleep?
(a) Under the rug.
(b) In a jar.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In a cigar box.
15. What is the title of Ranulf Flambard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger Mouse buys a dappled mare in Newcastle so he can trot around like a _____.
2. What does Aedwen give to Godric for his trip when he leaves home?
3. What does Burcwen threaten to do if Godric doesn't let her go with him?
4. Who does Godric think of as the Wear threatens to flood?
5. Who is Godric afraid will be a threat to his sister at sea if she goes with him when he leaves home again?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)