|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Women & Goddesses: Chapter 2, The Heroine in Everywoman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what group of women would be associated with the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Elderly women.
(b) Mature, maternal women.
(c) Homosexual women.
(d) Adolescent women.
2. The author uses what "true life" example in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Doctors bonding with the babies they delivered.
(b) Social workers bonding with their clients.
(c) Nannies bonding with their employers' children.
(d) Nurses bonding with other women's infants.
3. How does the author think women will feel about this set of goddesses as opposed to the last?
(a) They are a pleasurable counterweight.
(b) They are less relevant to modern women's lives.
(c) They are not as comfortable with men.
(d) They possess qualities that are more common in women.
4. According to the author, women often experience anxiety, or a sense of defeat, because of what?
(a) The stress of their family situations.
(b) Their physical limitations.
(c) The patriarchal structure of society.
(d) Being forced to work outside the home when they have children.
5. What is the second chapter about Aphrodite called?
(a) "Goddess of Love and Beauty."
(b) "The Transformative Goddess."
(c) "Aphrodite and Hephaestus."
(d) "The Alchemical Goddess."
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that Aphrodite helps people come closer to what state?
2. Who ordered Persephone's return?
3. The author uses what type of woman as an example of an Aphrodite woman?
4. Who arrived with a message, regarding Persephone, for Persephone's mother?
5. The author assumes that, for many readers, vulnerability is closely associated with what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)