|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Women & Goddesses: Chapter 2, The Heroine in Everywoman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goddesses does the author include in this book?
2. Persephone's father was also her what?
3. Why did Paris make his selection?
(a) It was his honest opinion.
(b) The goddess agreed to make him rich.
(c) He was afraid of the wrath of the gods.
(d) The goddess promised him the most beautiful woman in the world as his wife.
4. Who was Persephone's mother?
5. Artemis asked her father for what item to help her run?
(a) A short tunic.
(b) A water flask.
(c) Wings on her feet.
(d) Running shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
3. Who did Artemis want for her companions?
4. In Book 2, Chapter 11, the author uses what prominent female as an example?
5. For what weapon did Artemis ask her father?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)