|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 11, The Alchemical Goddess- Aphrodite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is the triggering of archetypes a good thing?
(a) Often, yes.
(b) Often, no.
2. Why is it easy, according to the author, to forgive Hera for not being "able to have full control over her own husband"?
(a) Her inability to have control over him is what enabled her to be more powerful in other areas.
(b) She had no desire to control him.
(c) Her husband is the most powerful of the Olympian gods.
(d) Her mother was also unable to fully assert herself.
3. The woman used as an example in Book 2, Chapter 11, had what sort of relationships with men?
(a) She was happily married for many years.
(b) She was married and divorced several times.
(c) She had intimacies but never married.
(d) She was a feminist who hated men.
4. According to the author, what is the most important factor for treating her patients with success?
(a) Her clinical knowledge.
(b) All three should be integrated.
(c) The power of mythic figures.
(d) Her personal experiences.
5. Who was Athena's mother?
(a) She didn't have one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most powerful need for a Demeter woman?
2. Hera reacted negatively to which of her husband's habits?
3. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
4. Where were most of Demeter's maternal energies directed?
5. The author assumes that, for many readers, vulnerability is closely associated with what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)