|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 9, Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
2. What requires vulnerability to exist?
(a) Healthy sex lives.
(b) Healthy intimacies.
(c) Healthy relationships.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. Artemis is the goddess of what activity?
4. Who was Artemis' father?
5. According to the author, what might some women like about Hera?
(a) Her unyielding commitment to her own desires.
(b) Her compassion and forgiveness.
(c) Her ability to fight with her husband instead of passively accepting her circumstances.
(d) Her tenacious defense of her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. This edition of the text was written how many years after the first publication?
2. What was the most powerful and influential bond in Demeter's life?
3. What word is used to describe the goddesses' role in this book?
4. How was Athena born?
5. The theory discussed in Cook 2, Chapter 2 postulates that there are what types of patterns and qualities?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)