|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 4, Artemis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
2. What is the second metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
(a) The division of single-celled organisms.
(b) A chemical reaction.
(c) Firing a gun.
(d) The growth of plants.
3. From what culture did these goddesses originate?
4. What sad truth does the author unveil in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Some women give birth and discover they don't have a bond with their own baby.
(b) Some women never form a special, intimate bond with a child.
(c) Some women lose their babies and never have a special bond with their other children.
(d) When a woman forms this bond with someone else's child, it is hard for her to recover.
5. The author is most familiar with what type of psychology?
Short Answer Questions
1. The same emotion that is triggered by having a baby can also be triggered by what?
2. A woman can be helped and hindered by what forces?
3. Why does the author contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. Hestia is described as what?
5. The author uses what "true life" example in Book 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)