|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 3, Artemis, Athena, Hestia: the Virgin Goddesses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author of Goddesses in Everywoman choose to write this book?
(a) To gain exposure for her own practice.
(b) To help and empower women.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) To promote Jungian psychology.
2. Who was Athena's father?
3. How was Athena born?
(a) She was delivered by Caesarian section.
(b) She rose from a wave.
(c) She sprang from Zeus' forehead.
(d) She was created from her brother's rib.
4. According to the author, what is the most important factor for treating her patients with success?
(a) The power of mythic figures.
(b) Her personal experiences.
(c) Her clinical knowledge.
(d) All three should be integrated.
5. Why does the author choose to incorporate knowledge of the goddesses into her book?
(a) Because the goddesses embody certain characteristics that every woman has.
(b) Because categorizing women's personalities using the goddesses helps them identify other women with similar characteristics, to whom they can relate.
(c) Because she is a firm believer in the mythos and gods of the ancient pantheons.
(d) Because religion helps people find their reasons for living.
Short Answer Questions
1. Athena is the goddess of what quality?
2. What term does the author use for forces of society?
3. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
4. What did other women help the author to do?
5. What is the second metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)