|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 3, Artemis, Athena, Hestia: the Virgin Goddesses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sad truth does the author unveil in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Some women never form a special, intimate bond with a child.
(b) When a woman forms this bond with someone else's child, it is hard for her to recover.
(c) Some women give birth and discover they don't have a bond with their own baby.
(d) Some women lose their babies and never have a special bond with their other children.
2. The author says in Book 2, Chapter 2, that she devotes the rest of Book 2 to doing what with the goddesses?
(a) Evaluating them, in-depth.
(b) Disproving their stories.
(c) Determining the symbolism of their respective mythos.
(d) Showing the ways in which they are outdated and don't apply to modern society.
3. What is described, by the author as a means of empowerment and self-care for women?
(a) Having children.
4. The author uses what "true life" example in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Doctors bonding with the babies they delivered.
(b) Nannies bonding with their employers' children.
(c) Nurses bonding with other women's infants.
(d) Social workers bonding with their clients.
5. What is the second metaphor used to explain the triggering of archetypes?
(a) A chemical reaction.
(b) The growth of plants.
(c) Firing a gun.
(d) The division of single-celled organisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Book 2, Chapter, 3 is devoted to which group of goddesses?
2. Athena is the goddess of what quality?
3. Which archetypes have to be triggered?
4. The author differentiates between what two varieties of archetypes?
5. The author writes about how many goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)