|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 11, The Alchemical Goddess- Aphrodite.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) "The Transformative Goddesses."
(b) "The Maternal Goddesses."
(c) "The Vulnerable Goddesses."
(d) "The Virgin Goddesses."
2. Who was Artemis' mother?
3. For what weapon did Artemis ask her father?
(a) Bow and arrow.
4. The author states that Aphrodite helps people come closer to what state?
(a) Their home state.
(b) Their ideal state.
(c) Their resting state.
(d) Their golden state.
5. Why does the author contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) She doesn't think their similarities are important.
(b) She doesn't want readers to think they are all the same.
(c) Their differences are therapeutically relevant, whereas their similarities aren't.
(d) She is afraid readers will get them confused with one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most powerful need for a Demeter woman?
2. Why might some women feel sorry for Hera?
3. Who were Athena's usual companions?
4. What emotions are part of Demeter's story?
5. Who arrived with a message, regarding Persephone, for Persephone's mother?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)