|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 7, The Vulnerable Goddesses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the special ability or power of the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Maintaining relationships.
(b) Bearing children.
(c) Remaining chaste.
(d) Being superior to the male gods.
2. How was Athena born?
(a) She was delivered by Caesarian section.
(b) She sprang from Zeus' forehead.
(c) She was created from her brother's rib.
(d) She rose from a wave.
3. Artemis developed a reputation for being helpful to whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
4. The author differentiates between the "inner goddess" and the what?
(b) Outer goddess.
(c) Inner god.
5. How many goddesses are in the first group?
Short Answer Questions
1. The same emotion that is triggered by having a baby can also be triggered by what?
2. When inhabitants of a city-state left to form a new village, what did they take with them?
3. According to the author, what group of women would be associated with the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 7?
4. Artemis asked her father for what animals as companions?
5. Why does the author contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)