|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 10, Persephone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hestia is the goddess of what?
(a) The hearth.
(b) The bedroom.
2. Instead of martial vows, Hestia gained what special privilege?
(a) She had the most offerings in her name.
(b) She had a beautiful singing voice.
(c) She was exceptionally good at hunting.
(d) She outlived all of the other goddesses.
3. Persephone had an extramarital affair with whom?
4. Who arrived with a message, regarding Persephone, for Persephone's mother?
5. Who kidnapped Persephone?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author differentiates between the "inner goddess" and the what?
2. How was Athena born?
3. Where did Persephone's kidnapper take her?
4. Persephone's father was also her what?
5. Athena is the goddess of what quality?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)