|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 10, Persephone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Persephone's stipulation for her agreement?
(a) She must not be required to marry her kidnapper.
(b) She cannot be trapped in the Underworld.
(c) She must be allowed to have relationships outside of marriage.
(d) She must not be required to bear children.
2. According to the author, Artemis' type of self-imposed exile occurs whenever women join what type of organization?
3. Where did Persephone's kidnapper take her?
(a) The Underworld.
(d) Her whereabouts were unknown.
4. Persephone had an extramarital affair with whom?
5. Why did Artemis leave the city she lived in?
(a) She found it too tempting to be around men.
(b) She was banished.
(c) She had an argument with the city's patron deity.
(d) She wanted to spend all her time with other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Athena born?
2. Why does the author contrast the goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. The author writes about how many goddesses in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. How did Hestia respond to the advances of the male gods?
5. Every Greek city-state had a mass what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)