|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Goddesses: Chapter 10, Persephone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Athena born?
(a) She was delivered by Caesarian section.
(b) She sprang from Zeus' forehead.
(c) She was created from her brother's rib.
(d) She rose from a wave.
2. What food did Persephone's kidnapper offer to her?
(d) Pomegranate seeds.
3. Hestia is the goddess of what?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The hearth.
4. Who caused the male gods to fall in love with Hestia?
5. How did Hestia respond to the advances of the male gods?
(a) She accepted the first and rejected the second.
(b) She rejected the first and accepted the second.
(c) She accepted both and split her time evenly between them.
(d) She rejected them both.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, when is tension a likely result?
2. What was Persephone's stipulation for her agreement?
3. Who was Athena's mother?
4. Instead of martial vows, Hestia gained what special privilege?
5. What did Persephone's kidnapper do to her?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)