|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
2. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
3. The item in the package has no signs of trauma, so what does this mean?
4. Croft says that he knows about Vic simply by what?
5. Where has Race seen Vic?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser find the Bartletts when he returns?
2. What do Spenser and the Bartletts do?
3. How does Spenser know there are no signs of a break in?
4. What happens when Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' home?
5. What happens when Spenser arrives at Vic's?
6. What takes place between Susan and Spenser?
7. How does Margery respond when Spenser asks if they know anyone who might be mad at them?
8. Why does Margery call Spenser?
9. What information does Dolly give Spenser?
10. What does Spenser discover when he returns to the Bartlett home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser speaks with two school employees who know Kevin.
Part 1) Describe these two people. What information does he learn from each?
Part 2) What does this interaction reveal about each of these two people?
Part 3) What clues into Kevin's life and into reason behind the kidnapping do these meetings give Spenser?
Essay Topic 2
This case ends with the return of Kevin.
Part 1) What might be Kevin's fate now that it is learned he was not kidnapped as first thought?
Part 2) What will happen to Vic? Will Kevin try to help him? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might come of the other characters in the book, now that the case is over?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser and Susan grow close.
Part 1) Describe their first encounter. How does this foreshadow a developing intimate relationship?
Part 2) Why do they feel a connection? What causes this?
Part 3) Why does Spenser involve Susan in this case? Should he have involved her? Why or why not?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)