|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
2. What does Race say about Vic?
3. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
4. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
5. Since Spenser is not near his car, he runs back in that direction, hoping to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Spenser arrives at Vic's?
2. What happens when Spenser follows Vic to a motel?
3. What does Henry learn about Vic at Race's Faces?
4. What does Spenser learn about Maguire's death?
5. How does Dr. Croft act initially when Spenser meets with him?
6. What does Spenser tell Healy?
7. What does Margery discover in a package? What does Spenser have to say about this?
8. How does Margery respond when Spenser asks if they know anyone who might be mad at them?
9. What happens the next day when Spenser goes to Vic's home?
10. How does Spenser find the Bartletts when he returns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is possibly a third party involved with Vic and Croft.
Part 1) Of the characters in this story, who might the third party be and why?
Part 2) What might have been this person's role in the kidnapping?
Part 3) What clues lead you to believe that this person might have been the third accomplice and played that specific role in the kidnapping?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser gains many clues through Vic.
Part 1) How does he encounter Vic? How does he prepare for these encounters?
Part 2) What clues does he receive through Vic? How are these clues significant?
Part 3) Are any of these clues necessary for finding Kevin? If so, which ones and why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Spenser and Trask is very different from the one between Spenser and Healy.
Part 1) Describe the relationship Spenser has with each man.
Part 2) Why are they so different? What is the connection between one's personality and relationships?
Part 3) How does Trask's attitude towards Spenser act as foreshadowing?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)