|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Spenser follow Dolly?
2. What has happened outside?
3. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
4. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
5. When Spenser would have helped Roger deal with Vic, what does Roger say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Croft act initially when Spenser meets with him?
2. How does Margery respond when Spenser asks if they know anyone who might be mad at them?
3. How does Spenser know there are no signs of a break in?
4. Why was Maguire at the house? What is Margery's response when asked if she knows of anyone who would want to kill Maguire?
5. What is discovered in Kevin's secret room in the barn?
6. How does Spenser find the Bartletts when he returns?
7. What information does Dolly give Spenser?
8. What does Spenser learn at the Harbor Health Club?
9. What happens the next day when Spenser goes to Vic's home?
10. Why does Margery scream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A ransom note is sent, and a stakeout is planned and implemented.
Part 1) Describe the note. What is odd about it, according to Spenser and Healy?
Part 2) What does this mean about those who wrote the note?
Part 3) How does this note affect the response of the police and Spenser?
Essay Topic 2
Margery is known to "screw around."
Part 1) How is this hinted at early in the book?
Part 2) How does her behavior affect her family? Why might she act this way?
Part 3) Will she change now that her son has been returned? Why or why not? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
There is possibly a third party involved with Vic and Croft.
Part 1) Of the characters in this story, who might the third party be and why?
Part 2) What might have been this person's role in the kidnapping?
Part 3) What clues lead you to believe that this person might have been the third accomplice and played that specific role in the kidnapping?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)