|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser tell Race?
2. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
3. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
4. At the party, how is Margery dressed?
5. When Vic arrives, to whom does he talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Dolly give Spenser?
2. What does Margery request of Spenser? What is his response?
3. What happens when they arrive in Boston?
4. What does Spenser learn at the Harbor Health Club?
5. What happens when Spenser arrives at Vic's?
6. Why was Maguire at the house? What is Margery's response when asked if she knows of anyone who would want to kill Maguire?
7. How does Spenser know there are no signs of a break in?
8. Why does Margery call Spenser?
9. What happens when Spenser follows Vic to a motel?
10. What does Henry learn about Vic at Race's Faces?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This case ends with the return of Kevin.
Part 1) What might be Kevin's fate now that it is learned he was not kidnapped as first thought?
Part 2) What will happen to Vic? Will Kevin try to help him? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might come of the other characters in the book, now that the case is over?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser interrogates Dr. Croft.
Part 1) Why does he interrogate him? How does Dr. Croft respond to this?
Part 2) How does his response affect his life?
Part 3) Why might Dr. Croft have been involved in the activity about which Spenser interrogates him? How does he benefit from it?
Essay Topic 3
A ransom note is sent, and a stakeout is planned and implemented.
Part 1) Describe the note. What is odd about it, according to Spenser and Healy?
Part 2) What does this mean about those who wrote the note?
Part 3) How does this note affect the response of the police and Spenser?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)