|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
2. At the party, how is Margery dressed?
3. Margery becomes increasingly ________________ and at one point tells Spenser that he's a "handsome brute."
4. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
5. When Spenser goes back to the front and tells Trask what has happened to Croft, how does the police officer appear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser gains many clues through Vic.
Part 1) How does he encounter Vic? How does he prepare for these encounters?
Part 2) What clues does he receive through Vic? How are these clues significant?
Part 3) Are any of these clues necessary for finding Kevin? If so, which ones and why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Susan and Spenser discuss Dr. Croft at the party.
Part 1) Why do they discuss him? What does this reveal about both Susan and Spenser?
Part 2) What does this reveal about Dr. Croft? How does help to explain what is later discovered about him?
Part 3) How are subtle details, such as this seemingly unimportant discussion, used as clues to solve the case?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Spenser and Trask is very different from the one between Spenser and Healy.
Part 1) Describe the relationship Spenser has with each man.
Part 2) Why are they so different? What is the connection between one's personality and relationships?
Part 3) How does Trask's attitude towards Spenser act as foreshadowing?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)