|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over the next hours, what happens to Spenser?
2. Roger tells Spenser that the entire situation sounds like what?
3. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
4. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
5. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Spenser arrives at Vic's?
2. What happens when Spenser discovers more business cards like the one Fraser had?
3. What does Spenser discover when he returns to the Bartlett home?
4. Why does Margery scream?
5. What happens when they arrive in Boston?
6. What does Henry learn about Vic at Race's Faces?
7. What happens when Susan arrives at the party?
8. What does Margery request of Spenser? What is his response?
9. What does Spenser learn at the Harbor Health Club?
10. How does Dr. Croft act initially when Spenser meets with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A ransom note is sent, and a stakeout is planned and implemented.
Part 1) Describe the note. What is odd about it, according to Spenser and Healy?
Part 2) What does this mean about those who wrote the note?
Part 3) How does this note affect the response of the police and Spenser?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser gains many clues through Vic.
Part 1) How does he encounter Vic? How does he prepare for these encounters?
Part 2) What clues does he receive through Vic? How are these clues significant?
Part 3) Are any of these clues necessary for finding Kevin? If so, which ones and why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Susan and Spenser discuss Dr. Croft at the party.
Part 1) Why do they discuss him? What does this reveal about both Susan and Spenser?
Part 2) What does this reveal about Dr. Croft? How does help to explain what is later discovered about him?
Part 3) How are subtle details, such as this seemingly unimportant discussion, used as clues to solve the case?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)