|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Maguire at the house?
2. What is Vaughn's response to Spenser's questioning regarding Margery?
3. How does Margery respond to this?
4. What does Dolly say about the conversation that Margery is reporting?
5. Spenser tells the cop on duty at the drive that he's going to be gone for awhile and to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser know there are no signs of a break in?
2. What happens when Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' home?
3. What happens when Spenser follows Vic?
4. What does Spenser learn about Maguire's death?
5. What does Spenser discover when he returns to the Bartlett home?
6. What happens when Susan arrives at the party?
7. What does Margery request of Spenser? What is his response?
8. What does Spenser learn at the Harbor Health Club?
9. What happens the next day when Spenser goes to Vic's home?
10. Why was Maguire at the house? What is Margery's response when asked if she knows of anyone who would want to kill Maguire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A ransom note is sent, and a stakeout is planned and implemented.
Part 1) Describe the note. What is odd about it, according to Spenser and Healy?
Part 2) What does this mean about those who wrote the note?
Part 3) How does this note affect the response of the police and Spenser?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser gains many clues through Vic.
Part 1) How does he encounter Vic? How does he prepare for these encounters?
Part 2) What clues does he receive through Vic? How are these clues significant?
Part 3) Are any of these clues necessary for finding Kevin? If so, which ones and why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
A phone call is made about Kevin's whereabouts.
Part 1) How is this phone call a spoof? Why is this phone call made?
Part 2) How are the parents affected? What does Spenser notice about Roger's reaction? Why does he make note of this?
Part 3) Why was Kevin not returned? Had he ever planned on returning home? Why or why not?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)