|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margery is on the phone, talking to whom?
2. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
3. What has happened to Croft?
4. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
5. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Susan and Spenser?
2. What does Spenser discover when he returns to the Bartlett home?
3. What happens when Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' home?
4. What happens when Susan arrives at the party?
5. How does Margery respond when Spenser asks if they know anyone who might be mad at them?
6. How is Margery dressed at the party?
7. What happens when they arrive in Boston?
8. Why does Margery scream?
9. What happens when Spenser discovers more business cards like the one Fraser had?
10. What happens when Spenser follows Vic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bartletts' home is much like the other suburban homes.
Part 1) Describe their home. What is the purpose for this description?
Part 2) What does this say about the exterior view compared to what is taking place beneath the surface?
Part 3) What might this mean for other suburban, well-to-do families?
Part 4) How might this reflect real life?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser has a sense of humor and is very sarcastic.
Part 1) Describe Spenser's sense of humor and sarcasm. How does it affect his relationships?
Part 2) How does his humor and sarcasm help him in his investigative work?
Part 3) How does this humor and sarcasm affect the reader, one's engagement in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser brings the Bartletts to find their son.
Part 1) How do the parents react when they see Vic and Kevin?
Part 2) Why does Roger want to fight Vic alone? What does this reveal about his character?
Part 3) Does Kevin react the way his father would hope? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)