|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Spenser is becoming aggravated at having to lay on the bench in the rain, what happens?
2. Why does Margery eventually leave the room?
3. What is done with Kevin?
4. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
5. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser find the Bartletts when he returns?
2. What happens when Spenser follows Vic?
3. What happens when Spenser discovers more business cards like the one Fraser had?
4. What happens when Spenser arrives at Vic's?
5. What does Margery discover in a package? What does Spenser have to say about this?
6. Why does Margery scream?
7. Why does Margery call Spenser?
8. What does Henry learn about Vic at Race's Faces?
9. What happens the next day when Spenser goes to Vic's home?
10. Why was Maguire at the house? What is Margery's response when asked if she knows of anyone who would want to kill Maguire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser brings the Bartletts to find their son.
Part 1) How do the parents react when they see Vic and Kevin?
Part 2) Why does Roger want to fight Vic alone? What does this reveal about his character?
Part 3) Does Kevin react the way his father would hope? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser interrogates Dr. Croft.
Part 1) Why does he interrogate him? How does Dr. Croft respond to this?
Part 2) How does his response affect his life?
Part 3) Why might Dr. Croft have been involved in the activity about which Spenser interrogates him? How does he benefit from it?
Essay Topic 3
The Bartletts' home is much like the other suburban homes.
Part 1) Describe their home. What is the purpose for this description?
Part 2) What does this say about the exterior view compared to what is taking place beneath the surface?
Part 3) What might this mean for other suburban, well-to-do families?
Part 4) How might this reflect real life?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)