|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
2. Why does Spenser pull his gun?
3. To what does Croft admit?
4. What has Maguire's death been ruled?
5. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margery scream?
2. What information does Dolly give Spenser?
3. What happens when Spenser discovers more business cards like the one Fraser had?
4. What happens when they arrive in Boston?
5. What takes place between Susan and Spenser?
6. What does Margery request of Spenser? What is his response?
7. What happens when Spenser follows Vic to a motel?
8. What does Spenser learn at the Harbor Health Club?
9. What happens the next day when Spenser goes to Vic's home?
10. How does Spenser know there are no signs of a break in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser fights Vic.
Part 1) Why does he fight Vic? Do the Bartletts need his help at this point? Why or why not?
Part 2) How is Spenser able to beat Vic? What does this reveal about Spenser?
Part 3) How do other details previously mentioned in the story lead the reader to understand how Spenser was able to beat Vic?
Part 4) How might the other characters involved feel about Spenser winning? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser gains many clues through Vic.
Part 1) How does he encounter Vic? How does he prepare for these encounters?
Part 2) What clues does he receive through Vic? How are these clues significant?
Part 3) Are any of these clues necessary for finding Kevin? If so, which ones and why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
A phone call is made about Kevin's whereabouts.
Part 1) How is this phone call a spoof? Why is this phone call made?
Part 2) How are the parents affected? What does Spenser notice about Roger's reaction? Why does he make note of this?
Part 3) Why was Kevin not returned? Had he ever planned on returning home? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)