|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Healy an investigator?
2. To whom does Spenser attribute this hiding man?
3. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
4. What does Spenser tell Susan?
5. Who says the man in the woods lost sight of the vehicle's driver?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
2. How does Trask react to Spenser's arrival? Why?
3. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
4. What does Spenser do for the next two days?
5. How does Spenser begin his day?
6. How well has Healy overseen the set up of the stakeout?
7. What does Spenser notice about the inside of the home?
8. Who pulls up to Margery? Why?
9. Describe the phone call.
10. What information does Susan Silverman give about Kevin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser fights Vic.
Part 1) Why does he fight Vic? Do the Bartletts need his help at this point? Why or why not?
Part 2) How is Spenser able to beat Vic? What does this reveal about Spenser?
Part 3) How do other details previously mentioned in the story lead the reader to understand how Spenser was able to beat Vic?
Part 4) How might the other characters involved feel about Spenser winning? Why?
Essay Topic 2
This case ends with the return of Kevin.
Part 1) What might be Kevin's fate now that it is learned he was not kidnapped as first thought?
Part 2) What will happen to Vic? Will Kevin try to help him? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might come of the other characters in the book, now that the case is over?
Essay Topic 3
Margery is known to "screw around."
Part 1) How is this hinted at early in the book?
Part 2) How does her behavior affect her family? Why might she act this way?
Part 3) Will she change now that her son has been returned? Why or why not? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)