|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Kevin's room.
2. Who on the steps yells for Vic?
3. At dinner, of what does Susan assure Spenser?
4. What does Spenser learn that the Bartletts have received?
5. What does Susan Silverman say about Kevin's identity role?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
2. What is done regarding a stakeout?
3. Who is in the Bartlett home?
4. What is in the coffin?
5. Has Kevin ever run away before?
6. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
7. What does Spenser tell Susan about this case?
8. How does Trask react to Spenser's arrival? Why?
9. What does Spenser do for the next two days?
10. What information does Susan Silverman give about Kevin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Margery is known to "screw around."
Part 1) How is this hinted at early in the book?
Part 2) How does her behavior affect her family? Why might she act this way?
Part 3) Will she change now that her son has been returned? Why or why not? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
The Bartletts' home is much like the other suburban homes.
Part 1) Describe their home. What is the purpose for this description?
Part 2) What does this say about the exterior view compared to what is taking place beneath the surface?
Part 3) What might this mean for other suburban, well-to-do families?
Part 4) How might this reflect real life?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser has a sense of humor and is very sarcastic.
Part 1) Describe Spenser's sense of humor and sarcasm. How does it affect his relationships?
Part 2) How does his humor and sarcasm help him in his investigative work?
Part 3) How does this humor and sarcasm affect the reader, one's engagement in the book? Why?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)