|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser joins who several blocks away?
2. By the time Spenser and Roger return to the kitchen, Margery is well on her way to doing what?
3. Trask is notified by radio that what has happened?
4. How many options are there as to where the kidnappers might have come out of the woods?
5. Without talking again to the Bartletts, what does Spenser do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
2. What does the ransom note demand?
3. What does Spenser realize about Susan? What does he do about this? What is her response?
4. What information does Mr. Moriarty give Spenser?
5. How well has Healy overseen the set up of the stakeout?
6. Who has come to Spenser's office? Why are they there?
7. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
8. Why has Kevin never received psychiatric counseling?
9. What does Spenser tell Susan about this case?
10. What is known about Kevin at this point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A ransom note is sent, and a stakeout is planned and implemented.
Part 1) Describe the note. What is odd about it, according to Spenser and Healy?
Part 2) What does this mean about those who wrote the note?
Part 3) How does this note affect the response of the police and Spenser?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Croft is hanged by his necktie.
Part 1) Why does this murder occur?
Part 2) How does his inability to keep quiet lead to this?
Part 3) What does this reveal about Trask? How does it help end the mysteries of this case?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser visits a health club and a photography studio.
Part 1) Why does he visit these locations? How does he seem to know these people?
Part 2) How do these people help Spenser? Why do they help him?
Part 3) How important is the information Spenser receives from these two people? Could he have solved the case without their help? Why or why not?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)