|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mowing at the far side of the lawn?
2. With whom does Spenser believe Kevin hangs out?
3. When he arrives, Trask's car is there, along with what?
4. Spenser knows there is a man in the woods behind him. Can he see any sign of him?
5. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the man heads into the woods?
2. What information does Mr. Moriarty give Spenser?
3. What does the ransom note demand?
4. What does Spenser tell Susan about this case?
5. How does Trask react to Spenser's arrival? Why?
6. How well has Healy overseen the set up of the stakeout?
7. What do Healy and Spenser do when they arrive at the stables?
8. Describe the phone call.
9. Why has Kevin never received psychiatric counseling?
10. What does Spenser tell the Bartletts he will do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Spenser and Trask is very different from the one between Spenser and Healy.
Part 1) Describe the relationship Spenser has with each man.
Part 2) Why are they so different? What is the connection between one's personality and relationships?
Part 3) How does Trask's attitude towards Spenser act as foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 2
A phone call is made about Kevin's whereabouts.
Part 1) How is this phone call a spoof? Why is this phone call made?
Part 2) How are the parents affected? What does Spenser notice about Roger's reaction? Why does he make note of this?
Part 3) Why was Kevin not returned? Had he ever planned on returning home? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser gains many clues through Vic.
Part 1) How does he encounter Vic? How does he prepare for these encounters?
Part 2) What clues does he receive through Vic? How are these clues significant?
Part 3) Are any of these clues necessary for finding Kevin? If so, which ones and why? If not, why not?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)