|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends a lot of time watching television?
2. Why does Spenser head back to the Bartlett home?
3. Where is Margery to have the money in a book bag?
4. Spenser says he will not assess their parenting skills, but needs what?
5. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who pulls up to Margery? Why?
2. What do Healy and Spenser do when they arrive at the stables?
3. On what does Spenser fill Susan in?
4. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
5. What happens when Spenser arrives back at the Bartlett home?
6. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
7. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
8. What is learned about Vic? What happens when Vic and Spenser meet?
9. How does Spenser begin his day?
10. What happens after the man heads into the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser interrogates Dr. Croft.
Part 1) Why does he interrogate him? How does Dr. Croft respond to this?
Part 2) How does his response affect his life?
Part 3) Why might Dr. Croft have been involved in the activity about which Spenser interrogates him? How does he benefit from it?
Essay Topic 2
Kevin is taken home by his parents.
Part 1) How does Kevin respond to his parents? How might this affect his parents?
Part 2) How might the reactions of these family members have been different if Margery and Roger had not accompanied Spenser to Boston to get Kevin? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) Will their home life improve? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Margery is known to "screw around."
Part 1) How is this hinted at early in the book?
Part 2) How does her behavior affect her family? Why might she act this way?
Part 3) Will she change now that her son has been returned? Why or why not? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)