|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Spenser begin the following day?
2. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
3. When asked if Kevin had ever run away before, what does Margery say?
4. What does Susan Silverman say about Kevin's identity role?
5. What has Roger already made arrangements to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the phone call.
2. What does Margery request of Spenser? What is his response?
3. What information does Dolly give Spenser?
4. What does Spenser notice about the inside of the home?
5. What happens when Spenser arrives back at the Bartlett home?
6. How does Spenser begin his day?
7. How does Spenser find the Bartletts when he returns?
8. What happens when Spenser follows Vic?
9. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
10. Why has Kevin never received psychiatric counseling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A ransom note is sent, and a stakeout is planned and implemented.
Part 1) Describe the note. What is odd about it, according to Spenser and Healy?
Part 2) What does this mean about those who wrote the note?
Part 3) How does this note affect the response of the police and Spenser?
Essay Topic 2
This case ends with the return of Kevin.
Part 1) What might be Kevin's fate now that it is learned he was not kidnapped as first thought?
Part 2) What will happen to Vic? Will Kevin try to help him? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might come of the other characters in the book, now that the case is over?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser visits a health club and a photography studio.
Part 1) Why does he visit these locations? How does he seem to know these people?
Part 2) How do these people help Spenser? Why do they help him?
Part 3) How important is the information Spenser receives from these two people? Could he have solved the case without their help? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,984 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)