|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl who was mowing the lawn?
2. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
3. Where does the driver of this vehicle head?
4. What does the Bartletts' house look like?
5. What is the reason Roger believes Kevin ran away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susan call Spenser the following morning? What happens after that?
2. What is done regarding a stakeout?
3. What is learned about Vic? What happens when Vic and Spenser meet?
4. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
5. What does Spenser tell Susan about this case?
6. What does Spenser do for the next two days?
7. What does Spenser tell the Bartletts he will do?
8. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
9. How does Spenser begin his day?
10. What does the ransom note demand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kevin is taken home by his parents.
Part 1) How does Kevin respond to his parents? How might this affect his parents?
Part 2) How might the reactions of these family members have been different if Margery and Roger had not accompanied Spenser to Boston to get Kevin? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) Will their home life improve? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Margery and Roger Bartlett hire Spenser to find their missing son, Kevin.
Part 1) Why do you believe this couple went to a private investigator? How might this case turned out if it had only been the police on this case?
Part 2) Describe Spenser. Is he a good investigator? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does he go about finding Kevin? How does the author show Spenser's investigative process?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser and Susan grow close.
Part 1) Describe their first encounter. How does this foreshadow a developing intimate relationship?
Part 2) Why do they feel a connection? What causes this?
Part 3) Why does Spenser involve Susan in this case? Should he have involved her? Why or why not?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)