|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
2. Trask pats Margery's hand and promises that they'll get Kevin back, which Healy likens to what?
3. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
4. Where is Margery to have the money in a book bag?
5. Why does Roger not agree to getting Kevin psychiatric counseling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
2. What does Spenser do for the next two days?
3. What is in the coffin?
4. What does Spenser tell Susan about this case?
5. Who pulls up to Margery? Why?
6. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
7. What information does Mr. Moriarty give Spenser?
8. What happens after the man heads into the woods?
9. How does Spenser begin his day?
10. On what does Spenser fill Susan in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Spenser and Trask is very different from the one between Spenser and Healy.
Part 1) Describe the relationship Spenser has with each man.
Part 2) Why are they so different? What is the connection between one's personality and relationships?
Part 3) How does Trask's attitude towards Spenser act as foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 2
A phone call is made about Kevin's whereabouts.
Part 1) How is this phone call a spoof? Why is this phone call made?
Part 2) How are the parents affected? What does Spenser notice about Roger's reaction? Why does he make note of this?
Part 3) Why was Kevin not returned? Had he ever planned on returning home? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser speaks with two school employees who know Kevin.
Part 1) Describe these two people. What information does he learn from each?
Part 2) What does this interaction reveal about each of these two people?
Part 3) What clues into Kevin's life and into reason behind the kidnapping do these meetings give Spenser?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)