Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
2. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
3. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
4. What is Vic?
5. To what does Spenser compare private investigating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Spenser realize about Susan? What does he do about this? What is her response?
2. Describe the phone call.
3. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
4. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
5. What does Margery discover in a package? What does Spenser have to say about this?
6. What happens at the Odds' End bar?
7. Who is in the Bartlett home?
8. Why has Kevin never received psychiatric counseling?
9. How does Dr. Croft act initially when Spenser meets with him?
10. What is odd about the ransom note?
Essay Topic 1
A phone call is made about Kevin's whereabouts.
Part 1) How is this phone call a spoof? Why is this phone call made?
Part 2) How are the parents affected? What does Spenser notice about Roger's reaction? Why does he make note of this?
Part 3) Why was Kevin not returned? Had he ever planned on returning home? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
This case ends with the return of Kevin.
Part 1) What might be Kevin's fate now that it is learned he was not kidnapped as first thought?
Part 2) What will happen to Vic? Will Kevin try to help him? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might come of the other characters in the book, now that the case is over?
Essay Topic 3
Kevin is taken home by his parents.
Part 1) How does Kevin respond to his parents? How might this affect his parents?
Part 2) How might the reactions of these family members have been different if Margery and Roger had not accompanied Spenser to Boston to get Kevin? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) Will their home life improve? Why or why not?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)