|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the driver of this vehicle head?
2. At whom does Roger yell after being finished with yelling at Spenser?
3. Why does the police chief not trust Spenser?
4. Of what will Margery not approve?
5. By what does Spenser say kidnappings are usually motivated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is learned about Vic? What happens when Vic and Spenser meet?
2. What happens the next day when Spenser goes to Vic's home?
3. What does Margery discover in a package? What does Spenser have to say about this?
4. What is known about Kevin at this point?
5. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
6. What happens at the Odds' End bar?
7. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
8. Who pulls up to Margery? Why?
9. What happens when Spenser discovers more business cards like the one Fraser had?
10. What is in the coffin?
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Croft is hanged by his necktie.
Part 1) Why does this murder occur?
Part 2) How does his inability to keep quiet lead to this?
Part 3) What does this reveal about Trask? How does it help end the mysteries of this case?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser interrogates Dr. Croft.
Part 1) Why does he interrogate him? How does Dr. Croft respond to this?
Part 2) How does his response affect his life?
Part 3) Why might Dr. Croft have been involved in the activity about which Spenser interrogates him? How does he benefit from it?
Essay Topic 3
The Bartletts' home is much like the other suburban homes.
Part 1) Describe their home. What is the purpose for this description?
Part 2) What does this say about the exterior view compared to what is taking place beneath the surface?
Part 3) What might this mean for other suburban, well-to-do families?
Part 4) How might this reflect real life?
This section contains 1,943 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)