|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many options are there as to where the kidnappers might have come out of the woods?
2. Trask is notified by radio that what has happened?
3. How is Spenser unlike the police?
4. How does Spenser introduce himself?
5. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the phone call.
2. What does Spenser notice about the inside of the home?
3. What is odd about the ransom note?
4. What happens when Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' home?
5. What does Henry learn about Vic at Race's Faces?
6. Why does Margery scream?
7. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
8. What happens when Spenser follows Vic?
9. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
10. What does the ransom note demand?
Essay Topic 1
Spenser and Susan grow close.
Part 1) Describe their first encounter. How does this foreshadow a developing intimate relationship?
Part 2) Why do they feel a connection? What causes this?
Part 3) Why does Spenser involve Susan in this case? Should he have involved her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
A ransom note is sent, and a stakeout is planned and implemented.
Part 1) Describe the note. What is odd about it, according to Spenser and Healy?
Part 2) What does this mean about those who wrote the note?
Part 3) How does this note affect the response of the police and Spenser?
Essay Topic 3
There is possibly a third party involved with Vic and Croft.
Part 1) Of the characters in this story, who might the third party be and why?
Part 2) What might have been this person's role in the kidnapping?
Part 3) What clues lead you to believe that this person might have been the third accomplice and played that specific role in the kidnapping?
This section contains 2,123 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)