|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends a lot of time watching television?
2. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
3. Of what will Margery not approve?
4. Who on the steps yells for Vic?
5. Where is Margery to have the money in a book bag?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is learned about Vic? What happens when Vic and Spenser meet?
2. Has Kevin ever run away before?
3. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
4. Who pulls up to Margery? Why?
5. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
6. What does Spenser notice about the inside of the home?
7. What does the ransom note demand?
8. What is odd about the ransom note?
9. How well has Healy overseen the set up of the stakeout?
10. On what does Spenser fill Susan in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A phone call is made about Kevin's whereabouts.
Part 1) How is this phone call a spoof? Why is this phone call made?
Part 2) How are the parents affected? What does Spenser notice about Roger's reaction? Why does he make note of this?
Part 3) Why was Kevin not returned? Had he ever planned on returning home? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Spenser visits a health club and a photography studio.
Part 1) Why does he visit these locations? How does he seem to know these people?
Part 2) How do these people help Spenser? Why do they help him?
Part 3) How important is the information Spenser receives from these two people? Could he have solved the case without their help? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Spenser interrogates Dr. Croft.
Part 1) Why does he interrogate him? How does Dr. Croft respond to this?
Part 2) How does his response affect his life?
Part 3) Why might Dr. Croft have been involved in the activity about which Spenser interrogates him? How does he benefit from it?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)