|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
2. What does Dr. Croft give Margery?
3. What is the reason Roger believes Kevin ran away?
4. Spenser knows there is a man in the woods behind him. Can he see any sign of him?
5. How is Spenser unlike the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is done regarding a stakeout?
2. What information does Susan Silverman give about Kevin?
3. What is in the coffin?
4. Who has come to Spenser's office? Why are they there?
5. What do Healy and Spenser do when they arrive at the stables?
6. What does Spenser tell Susan about this case?
7. On what does Spenser fill Susan in?
8. Who pulls up to Margery? Why?
9. Describe the phone call.
10. Has Kevin ever run away before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spenser interrogates Dr. Croft.
Part 1) Why does he interrogate him? How does Dr. Croft respond to this?
Part 2) How does his response affect his life?
Part 3) Why might Dr. Croft have been involved in the activity about which Spenser interrogates him? How does he benefit from it?
Essay Topic 2
The Bartletts' home is much like the other suburban homes.
Part 1) Describe their home. What is the purpose for this description?
Part 2) What does this say about the exterior view compared to what is taking place beneath the surface?
Part 3) What might this mean for other suburban, well-to-do families?
Part 4) How might this reflect real life?
Essay Topic 3
Kevin is taken home by his parents.
Part 1) How does Kevin respond to his parents? How might this affect his parents?
Part 2) How might the reactions of these family members have been different if Margery and Roger had not accompanied Spenser to Boston to get Kevin? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) Will their home life improve? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)