|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Race seen Vic?
(a) At a bar called The Odd Man Out.
(b) At his photo studio earlier in the week.
(c) At a bar called The Odds' End.
(d) At another gym called Elite Fitness.
2. Margery is on the phone, talking to whom?
(b) A boyfriend.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The caterers for the evening's party.
3. How does Spenser respond to Dolly's comment about her mother?
(a) Kevin probably ran away because of this.
(b) He is sure Kevin has adapted.
(c) Maybe boys have more trouble with that sort of situation.
(d) Maybe he will adjust in time.
4. How does Spenser respond to Trask?
(a) He pushes him away.
(b) He fights back but is unable to get out of Trask's grasp.
(c) He calmly tells him to stop yelling.
(d) He calmly tells Trask that he's going to talk to Healy and that he's certain they'll be in touch before walking out of the police station.
5. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
(a) She is very glad he came.
(b) She wishes he were not married to one of her good friends.
(c) It is a good thing he is married to one of her good friends.
(d) She did not think he would come to the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Maguire at the house?
2. Who helps Spenser examine the house?
3. Since Spenser is not near his car, he runs back in that direction, hoping to do what?
4. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
5. Spenser goes to bed himself and is the first one up at what time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser know there are no signs of a break in?
2. What does Spenser learn about Maguire's death?
3. What does Spenser discover when he returns to the Bartlett home?
4. What does Henry learn about Vic at Race's Faces?
5. How is Margery dressed at the party?
6. What does Margery discover in a package? What does Spenser have to say about this?
7. What happens when Spenser follows Vic to a motel?
8. What happens when Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' home?
9. Why does Margery call Spenser?
10. What happens at the Odds' End bar?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)