|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the party, how is Margery dressed?
(a) In very tight clothing.
(b) In a holiday sweater.
(c) In a beautiful gown.
(d) In jeans and a tee shirt.
2. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
3. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
(a) Vic has no police record.
(b) Vic is not his real name.
(c) Vic is an escaped convict.
(d) Vic has a record.
4. What does Spenser find when he returns from shopping?
(a) Margery dead.
(b) The guinea pig dead.
(c) Maguire dead.
(d) Roger dead.
5. Why is there no recording of the call?
(a) The caller did not leave a message.
(b) The police had already removed the recording device from the phones.
(c) The call never took place.
(d) The phone is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the kidnapper not have done if they'd already killed Kevin?
2. Is there any sign that either the front or back door has been jimmied?
3. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
4. Margery is on the phone, talking to whom?
5. Spenser goes to bed himself and is the first one up at what time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when they arrive in Boston?
2. What happens when Susan arrives at the party?
3. Why does Margery call Spenser?
4. What does Spenser discover when he returns to the Bartlett home?
5. What happens when Spenser discovers more business cards like the one Fraser had?
6. What happens when Spenser follows Vic?
7. What do Spenser and the Bartletts do?
8. How does Dr. Croft act initially when Spenser meets with him?
9. How does Spenser find the Bartletts when he returns?
10. What takes place between Susan and Spenser?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)