|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly say about the conversation that Margery is reporting?
(a) It never happened.
(b) There is more to it.
(c) It is completely fabricated.
(d) It is meaningless.
2. Whose life is threatened, other than Kevin's?
3. Spenser tells the cop on duty at the drive that he's going to be gone for awhile and to do what?
(a) Not let Margery leave his sight.
(b) Remain close to the house.
(c) Call in reinforcements.
(d) Take a break.
4. Does Croft deny knowing anything about Vic or the girls?
(a) He does not respond to the question.
(c) Yes, at first.
5. Just as Spenser is becoming aggravated at having to lay on the bench in the rain, what happens?
(a) A woman approaches Vic and speaks with him.
(b) Vic is attacked by a man in dark clothing.
(c) A tall man approaches Vic and trades a briefcase for an envelope Vic takes from an inside pocket.
(d) Vic leaves with a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Croft eventually says that Vic stays where sometimes?
2. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
3. Spenser goes back in the establishment where he does what?
4. Margery is on the phone, talking to whom?
5. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Spenser discover when he returns to the Bartlett home?
2. What happens the next day when Spenser goes to Vic's home?
3. What is discovered in Kevin's secret room in the barn?
4. What do Spenser and the Bartletts do?
5. Why was Maguire at the house? What is Margery's response when asked if she knows of anyone who would want to kill Maguire?
6. What happens when Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' home?
7. What information does Dolly give Spenser?
8. What does Spenser tell Healy?
9. What does Henry learn about Vic at Race's Faces?
10. What happens at the Odds' End bar?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)