|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger tells Spenser that the entire situation sounds like what?
(b) A lie.
(d) A joke.
2. When Spenser goes back to the front and tells Trask what has happened to Croft, how does the police officer appear?
(a) Not particularly surprised.
(d) Very surprised.
3. The item in the package has no signs of trauma, so what does this mean?
(a) It probably was killed.
(b) It probably is not Kevin's.
(c) It probably died of natural causes.
(d) It probably was sent by Kevin.
4. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
(a) The state police.
5. What do Spenser and Susan do in the middle of the night?
(a) They talk.
(b) They eat the meal Susan had prepared.
(c) They sleep.
(d) They search for Kevin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser find when he returns from shopping?
2. How does Margery respond to this?
3. The following morning, a Saturday, Margery opens a package that arrives in the mail to discover what?
4. Why was Maguire at the house?
5. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Dolly give Spenser?
2. What does Henry learn about Vic at Race's Faces?
3. What takes place between Susan and Spenser?
4. What do Spenser and the Bartletts do?
5. How does Spenser find the Bartletts when he returns?
6. What happens when Spenser follows Vic to a motel?
7. How does Spenser know there are no signs of a break in?
8. What happens at the Odds' End bar?
9. What happens when they arrive in Boston?
10. What is discovered in Kevin's secret room in the barn?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)