|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
(a) Kevin has left a note saying so.
(b) Spenser can see them running down the street.
(c) Kevin's clothes are on a bed.
(d) Spenser can hear Vic's voice.
2. Is there any sign that either the front or back door has been jimmied?
(a) A small sign.
3. Roger tells Spenser that the entire situation sounds like what?
(c) A lie.
(d) A joke.
4. Who does Spenser suggest might be mad at the Bartletts?
(d) A business situation with Roger.
5. Why does Margery eventually leave the room?
(a) She becomes so upset.
(b) She is being ignored.
(c) She wants to be alone.
(d) She has a play to rehearse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vic arrives, to whom does he talk?
2. What has happened to Croft?
3. What would the kidnapper not have done if they'd already killed Kevin?
4. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
5. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Margery dressed at the party?
2. How does Dr. Croft act initially when Spenser meets with him?
3. How does Margery respond when Spenser asks if they know anyone who might be mad at them?
4. How does Spenser find the Bartletts when he returns?
5. What information does Dolly give Spenser?
6. What do Spenser and the Bartletts do?
7. Why does Margery scream?
8. What does Spenser tell Healy?
9. What does Margery request of Spenser? What is his response?
10. Why does Margery call Spenser?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)