|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
(a) Yes, early the next day.
(b) Yes, soon after they leave.
(c) Yes, later in the night.
2. Who does Spenser invite to the party?
3. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
(a) Vic is an escaped convict.
(b) Vic has no police record.
(c) Vic is not his real name.
(d) Vic has a record.
4. Who does Spenser call, asking them to find out what they can about Dr. Croft?
(a) The State Police.
(b) The Smithfield Police.
(c) The County Police.
(d) The FBI.
5. How does Spenser respond to Trask?
(a) He calmly tells him to stop yelling.
(b) He fights back but is unable to get out of Trask's grasp.
(c) He calmly tells Trask that he's going to talk to Healy and that he's certain they'll be in touch before walking out of the police station.
(d) He pushes him away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dolly has become accustomed to the situation. Is she certain Kevin ever has?
2. They go up to Kevin's secret room, and Spenser discovers what?
3. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
4. Describe the fight.
5. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser know there are no signs of a break in?
2. How does Margery respond when Spenser asks if they know anyone who might be mad at them?
3. What happens when they arrive in Boston?
4. What happens when Spenser follows Vic?
5. What happens when Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' home?
6. How does Dr. Croft act initially when Spenser meets with him?
7. What takes place between Susan and Spenser?
8. What information does Dolly give Spenser?
9. What does Spenser discover when he returns to the Bartlett home?
10. What happens when Spenser discovers more business cards like the one Fraser had?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)