|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Spenser goes back to the front and tells Trask what has happened to Croft, how does the police officer appear?
(b) Not particularly surprised.
(d) Very surprised.
2. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
(a) Pinot Grigio.
(b) Pinot Noir.
(c) Dom Perignon.
(d) Cabernet Savignon.
3. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
4. Since Spenser is not near his car, he runs back in that direction, hoping to do what?
(a) Not be seen.
(b) Get to his car before Vic does.
(c) Catch up with Vic.
(d) Call for backup.
5. What is done with Kevin?
(a) He stays with Vic.
(b) He is put in a juvenile detention center.
(c) He returns home with his parents.
(d) He is taken to a psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spenser respond to Trask?
2. Who does Spenser invite to the party?
3. At the party, how is Margery dressed?
4. Where does Spenser follow Dolly?
5. Describe the fight.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Margery dressed at the party?
2. What happens when Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' home?
3. How does Dr. Croft act initially when Spenser meets with him?
4. What happens when Spenser follows Vic?
5. What does Margery request of Spenser? What is his response?
6. Why was Maguire at the house? What is Margery's response when asked if she knows of anyone who would want to kill Maguire?
7. What happens when Spenser follows Vic to a motel?
8. What happens at the Odds' End bar?
9. What is discovered in Kevin's secret room in the barn?
10. What does Margery discover in a package? What does Spenser have to say about this?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)