|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the driver of this vehicle do?
(a) He grabs Margery and the backpack.
(b) He slows and grabs the backpack from Margery.
(c) He drives by quickly.
(d) He drives slowly past Margery.
2. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
(a) To the car.
(b) To the swingset.
(c) To the treehouse.
(d) To the pool.
3. What is Vic?
(a) A pro wrestler.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A bodybuilder.
(d) A football player.
4. What does Spenser then say about this case?
(a) It is his first kidnapping case.
(b) There is something strange about it.
(c) It cannot be solved.
(d) It is just like any other kidnapping case.
5. By what is Spenser momentarily distracted?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A large white van.
(c) A bright red corvette.
(d) A motorcycle with a small front wheel and sissy bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Susan arrives, he realizes that the name "Silverman" means what?
2. What is the reason Roger believes Kevin ran away?
3. Describe the road to Vic's home.
4. Why does Spenser have a sandwich?
5. With what does Spenser begin the following day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Maguire at the house? What is Margery's response when asked if she knows of anyone who would want to kill Maguire?
2. What does Spenser realize about Susan? What does he do about this? What is her response?
3. What happens when Spenser arrives back at the Bartlett home?
4. Describe the phone call.
5. How is Margery dressed at the party?
6. What does Henry learn about Vic at Race's Faces?
7. Why does Margery scream?
8. Has Kevin ever run away before?
9. What information does Susan Silverman give about Kevin?
10. What do Spenser and the Bartletts do?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)