|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trask is notified by radio that what has happened?
(a) Mrs. Bartlett has been taken hostage.
(b) The Bartletts have been told where to pick up Kevin.
(c) Kevin has been killed.
(d) Kevin has been returned home.
2. Why do the police and Spenser know that a better way to have handled it would have been to call with instructions at the last minute?
(a) It would have set the family in a panick.
(b) So that police won't have time to set up a stakeout.
(c) So they would have the money faster.
(d) So nothing could be done about Kevin.
3. How does this man react when Spenser presses him for information?
(a) He becomes nervous.
(b) He becomes defensive.
(c) He becomes scared.
(d) He becomes irritated.
4. What does Spenser quickly learn about horses?
(a) They are lazy.
(b) They are very intelligent.
(c) They are very dangerous.
(d) They are not overly intelligent.
5. Of what is there a lot around the house?
(a) Junk piled up.
(b) Trash cans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Roger already made arrangements to do?
2. Is there any way for the police to track the driver of the vehicle?
3. With what does Spenser begin the following day?
4. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
5. Why does Spenser head back to the Bartlett home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is in the Bartlett home?
2. What does Spenser realize about Susan? What does he do about this? What is her response?
3. What is learned about Vic? What happens when Vic and Spenser meet?
4. What information does Mr. Moriarty give Spenser?
5. What happens after the man heads into the woods?
6. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
7. What does Spenser learn at the stable?
8. What is done regarding a stakeout?
9. Why does Susan call Spenser the following morning? What happens after that?
10. Has Kevin ever run away before?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)