|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
(a) She runs to the neighbor's house.
(b) She goes over to him and introduces herself.
(c) She detours to the front.
(d) She glares at him and walks in the opposite direction.
2. How much money does Roger say that Margery spends on clothing?
(a) The right amount.
(b) Enough to pay for counseling for twenty years.
(c) Not enough.
(d) A little too much.
3. How many options are there as to where the kidnappers might have come out of the woods?
(a) Only a couple.
(c) A few.
4. Does Kevin seem like the kind of kid who would take his pet without taking something to carry the animal in and something to feed it?
5. What is Vic?
(a) A bodybuilder.
(b) A pro wrestler.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A football player.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spenser head back to the Bartlett home?
2. Why can Spenser not take off his white linen sport coat?
3. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
4. He goes home and calls Susan, inviting her to what?
5. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susan call Spenser the following morning? What happens after that?
2. What is known about Kevin at this point?
3. What does Spenser notice about the inside of the home?
4. What does Spenser tell the Bartletts he will do?
5. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
6. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
7. What is odd about the ransom note?
8. How does Spenser begin his day?
9. Who pulls up to Margery? Why?
10. Who is in the Bartlett home?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)