|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Spenser not take off his white linen sport coat?
(a) He is sweating too much.
(b) It is too cold outside to go without a coat.
(c) The gun at his waist would be very conspicuous in Smithfield.
(d) He is only wearing a tee shirt underneath his coat.
2. Margery turns to Spenser who says that Kevin might not survive at all but that the odds are slightly higher with what?
(a) Police intervention.
(c) Spenser's intervention.
3. Describe the road to Vic's home.
(a) It is overgrown.
(b) It is winding.
(c) It is long.
(d) It is neatly trimmed.
4. By the time Spenser and Roger return to the kitchen, Margery is well on her way to doing what?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Losing her mind.
(c) Preparing dinner.
(d) Putting the groceries away.
5. Describe Kevin's room.
(a) Fairly organized.
(b) A typical teenager's room.
(c) Very dirty.
(d) Obsessively neat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many options are there as to where the kidnappers might have come out of the woods?
2. What is Vic?
3. Healy shows Spenser two sheets of paper, each inside a transparent cover. The first is what?
4. What does Spenser not have regarding this case?
5. By what is Spenser momentarily distracted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Spenser realize about Susan? What does he do about this? What is her response?
2. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
3. How does Trask react to Spenser's arrival? Why?
4. What does the ransom note demand?
5. What is odd about the ransom note?
6. Has Kevin ever run away before?
7. Describe the phone call.
8. What does Spenser tell the Bartletts he will do?
9. What does Spenser notice about the inside of the home?
10. What is done regarding a stakeout?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)