|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Spenser says that he wants to "rent a high-spirited palomino stallion with a hand-tooled Spanish leather saddle and silver-studded bridle", Healy does what?
(a) Interrupts and tells Spenser to shut up.
(b) Laughs at Spenser.
(c) Leaves the room.
(d) Ignores Spenser.
2. What is behind a school in Old Smithfield?
(a) A corvette.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A hearse.
(d) A van.
3. With whom does Spenser believe Kevin hangs out?
(a) Vic Harroway.
(b) Vincent Harold.
(c) Virginia Huck.
(d) Violet Hennings.
4. Of what is there a lot around the house?
(a) Trash cans.
(d) Junk piled up.
5. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser then say about this case?
2. By the time Spenser and Roger return to the kitchen, Margery is well on her way to doing what?
3. Spenser joins who several blocks away?
4. Without talking again to the Bartletts, what does Spenser do?
5. At what does Spenser look carefully?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the phone call.
2. How does Spenser begin his day?
3. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
4. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
5. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
6. What is learned about Vic? What happens when Vic and Spenser meet?
7. What is odd about the ransom note?
8. Who pulls up to Margery? Why?
9. What does Spenser tell the Bartletts he will do?
10. What does Spenser do for the next two days?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)