|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spends a lot of time watching television?
2. By what is Spenser momentarily distracted?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A large white van.
(c) A motorcycle with a small front wheel and sissy bar.
(d) A bright red corvette.
3. Trask pats Margery's hand and promises that they'll get Kevin back, which Healy likens to what?
(a) Clint Eastwood's role in the 1971 film, Dirty Harry.
(b) John Wayne's role in the 1956 film, The Searchers.
(c) Harrison Ford's role in the 1981 film, Indiana Jones.
(d) Robert Redford's role in the 1977 film, A Bridge Too Far.
4. Who on the steps yells for Vic?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A girl.
(c) A boy.
5. How much money does Roger say that Margery spends on clothing?
(a) A little too much.
(b) Enough to pay for counseling for twenty years.
(c) Not enough.
(d) The right amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what does Spenser look carefully?
2. Does Kevin seem like the kind of kid who would take his pet without taking something to carry the animal in and something to feed it?
3. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
4. How does the man introduce himself?
5. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
2. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
3. What does Spenser tell Susan about this case?
4. What does Spenser realize about Susan? What does he do about this? What is her response?
5. What is in the coffin?
6. How does Trask react to Spenser's arrival? Why?
7. Describe the phone call.
8. What happens when Spenser arrives back at the Bartlett home?
9. What is odd about the ransom note?
10. Why does Susan call Spenser the following morning? What happens after that?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)