|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police and Spenser know that a better way to have handled it would have been to call with instructions at the last minute?
(a) So that police won't have time to set up a stakeout.
(b) So nothing could be done about Kevin.
(c) So they would have the money faster.
(d) It would have set the family in a panick.
2. To what does Spenser compare private investigating?
3. Why does Spenser head back to the Bartlett home?
(a) To see what he can find out about Kevin's school work.
(b) To see what he can find out about Kevin's interests.
(c) To see what he can find out about Kevin's friends.
(d) To see what he can find out about Kevin's after-school activities.
4. What does Spenser tell Susan?
(a) He does not want to talk to Vic.
(b) He is a little scared of Vic.
(c) She was right in her assessment.
(d) She was wrong about her assessment.
5. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
(a) The Burtons.
(b) The Bartons.
(c) The Bartletts.
(d) The Baileys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this man react when Spenser presses him for information?
2. Spenser makes the final decision to do what?
3. What is the one thing that Kevin took from home?
4. Why does he make this comparison?
5. How much money does Roger say that Margery spends on clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spenser begin his day?
2. What information does Mr. Moriarty give Spenser?
3. What is odd about the ransom note?
4. Who is in the Bartlett home?
5. Describe the phone call.
6. How does Trask react to Spenser's arrival? Why?
7. What does Spenser tell Susan about this case?
8. How well has Healy overseen the set up of the stakeout?
9. What information does Susan Silverman give about Kevin?
10. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)