|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spenser head back to the Bartlett home?
(a) To see what he can find out about Kevin's interests.
(b) To see what he can find out about Kevin's after-school activities.
(c) To see what he can find out about Kevin's friends.
(d) To see what he can find out about Kevin's school work.
2. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
(a) She detours to the front.
(b) She glares at him and walks in the opposite direction.
(c) She runs to the neighbor's house.
(d) She goes over to him and introduces herself.
3. Why does Spenser have a sandwich?
(a) He is bored.
(b) So he can share some with Margery.
(c) So he can observe from a bale of hay without seeming out of place.
(d) He is hungry.
4. When Spenser asks if anyone was home when Kevin got the guinea pig, how does Margery react?
5. What is behind a school in Old Smithfield?
(a) A van.
(b) A hearse.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A corvette.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
2. What is the impression Susan has about Vic?
3. What is in the carport producing a steady whine?
4. When Healy lifts the lid of the box, what does he find?
5. What is on the side of the Bartletts' blue Dodge Club van?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known about Kevin at this point?
2. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
3. What does Spenser notice about the inside of the home?
4. Who has come to Spenser's office? Why are they there?
5. What does Spenser do for the next two days?
6. What happens after the man heads into the woods?
7. What is odd about the ransom note?
8. Who is in the Bartlett home?
9. What information does Mr. Moriarty give Spenser?
10. What does Spenser realize about Susan? What does he do about this? What is her response?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)