|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without talking again to the Bartletts, what does Spenser do?
(a) He gets in his convertible and drives back to Boston.
(b) He talks to the neighbors about the Bartletts.
(c) He sits on the porch step.
(d) He makes a phone call.
2. What does Spenser then say about this case?
(a) It is his first kidnapping case.
(b) It is just like any other kidnapping case.
(c) There is something strange about it.
(d) It cannot be solved.
3. What does Healy tell Spenser they have to do?
4. Is there any way for the police to track the driver of the vehicle?
5. When Roger learns of this spoof, how does he react?
(b) Mad, scared, and mournful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
2. By what does Spenser say kidnappings are usually motivated?
3. Where does the driver of this vehicle head?
4. On the morning of the pickup, Spenser watches as Margery does what?
5. Does Kevin seem like the kind of kid who would take his pet without taking something to carry the animal in and something to feed it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the phone call.
2. What is known about Kevin at this point?
3. What is done regarding a stakeout?
4. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
5. What is learned about Vic? What happens when Vic and Spenser meet?
6. What does Spenser learn at the stable?
7. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
8. What happens when Spenser follows Vic?
9. Why was Maguire at the house? What is Margery's response when asked if she knows of anyone who would want to kill Maguire?
10. How does Spenser know there are no signs of a break in?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)