|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Margery continues to cry and Maguire suggests that they do what to calm her down?
(a) Tell her to breathe deeply.
(b) Call her doctor to prescribe something.
(c) Put her to bed.
(d) Sing her a song.
2. How is Spenser unlike the police?
(a) He has better things to do.
(b) He can devote all his time looking for Kevin.
(c) He has no training.
(d) He does not care about Kevin.
3. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
(a) To the swingset.
(b) To the pool.
(c) To the car.
(d) To the treehouse.
4. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
5. What is the one thing that Kevin took from home?
(b) His lucky penny.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A guinea pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
2. What is the impression Susan has about Vic?
3. When Healy lifts the lid of the box, what does he find?
4. Describe Kevin's room.
5. What does Spenser tell Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the phone call.
2. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
3. What is odd about the ransom note?
4. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
5. Why does Susan call Spenser the following morning? What happens after that?
6. What happens after the man heads into the woods?
7. What is done regarding a stakeout?
8. How does Trask react to Spenser's arrival? Why?
9. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
10. What does Spenser tell the Bartletts he will do?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)