|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
(a) The next few days.
(b) The next few hours.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
2. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
3. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
4. What is Vic?
(a) A football player.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A bodybuilder.
(d) A pro wrestler.
5. To what does Spenser compare private investigating?
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Kevin's room.
2. Why does he make this comparison?
3. Does Kevin seem like the kind of kid who would take his pet without taking something to carry the animal in and something to feed it?
4. Does Spenser think Kevin is still nearby?
5. What is behind a school in Old Smithfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Spenser realize about Susan? What does he do about this? What is her response?
2. Describe the phone call.
3. What does Spenser note about the Bartlett home?
4. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
5. What does Margery discover in a package? What does Spenser have to say about this?
6. What happens at the Odds' End bar?
7. Who is in the Bartlett home?
8. Why has Kevin never received psychiatric counseling?
9. How does Dr. Croft act initially when Spenser meets with him?
10. What is odd about the ransom note?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)