|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
(a) The Baileys.
(b) The Burtons.
(c) The Bartletts.
(d) The Bartons.
2. Spenser makes the final decision to do what?
(a) Stake out the forest.
(b) Stake out the school.
(c) Stake out the pickup site.
(d) Follow the kidnappers.
3. To what does Spenser compare private investigating?
4. What does Spenser learn that the Bartletts have received?
(a) A threatening phone call from an anonymous caller.
(b) A ransom note by mail.
(c) A helpful tip by a neighbor.
(d) A phone call from Kevin.
5. Describe Kevin's room.
(a) Fairly organized.
(b) A typical teenager's room.
(c) Very dirty.
(d) Obsessively neat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser knows there is a man in the woods behind him. Can he see any sign of him?
2. Spenser joins who several blocks away?
3. What is the one thing that Kevin took from home?
4. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
5. When Healy lifts the lid of the box, what does he find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has come to Spenser's office? Why are they there?
2. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
3. What is odd about the ransom note?
4. What does the ransom note demand?
5. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
6. Why has Kevin never received psychiatric counseling?
7. How does Spenser begin his day?
8. Why does Susan call Spenser the following morning? What happens after that?
9. How well has Healy overseen the set up of the stakeout?
10. Has Kevin ever run away before?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)