|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this man react when Spenser presses him for information?
(a) He becomes defensive.
(b) He becomes irritated.
(c) He becomes scared.
(d) He becomes nervous.
2. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
(a) Mr. Thompson, the head of the faculty.
(b) Mr. Moriarty, the Assistant Principal.
(c) Mr. Poyser, the Dean of Students.
(d) Mr. White, the Principal.
3. What does Spenser tell Susan?
(a) She was wrong about her assessment.
(b) He is a little scared of Vic.
(c) She was right in her assessment.
(d) He does not want to talk to Vic.
4. At whom does Roger yell after being finished with yelling at Spenser?
(d) Healy and Trask.
5. When he arrives, Trask's car is there, along with what?
(a) A renta-cop car.
(b) A Smithfield Police car.
(c) A Massachusetts State Police car.
(d) A Suffolk County Police car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the driver of this vehicle do?
2. What does Spenser learn about Vic Harroway?
3. Trask says that they can set up a stakeout to catch the kidnappers. What does Spenser suggest?
4. When asked if Kevin had ever run away before, what does Margery say?
5. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Mr. Moriarty give Spenser?
2. What does Spenser learn at the stable?
3. What happens when Spenser arrives back at the Bartlett home?
4. What do Healy, Trask, and Spenser discuss?
5. Why has Kevin never received psychiatric counseling?
6. Describe the phone call.
7. What information does Susan Silverman give about Kevin?
8. How does Trask react to Spenser's arrival? Why?
9. What does Spenser do for the next two days?
10. How do the Bartletts respond to the knowledge of the hearse and coffin?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)