|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the police chief not trust Spenser?
(a) They grew up together.
(b) He knows nothing about Spenser.
(c) He knows Spenser was fired from the AG's office.
(d) He used to work with him.
2. Why do the police and Spenser know that a better way to have handled it would have been to call with instructions at the last minute?
(a) So that police won't have time to set up a stakeout.
(b) So they would have the money faster.
(c) So nothing could be done about Kevin.
(d) It would have set the family in a panick.
3. Who is the girl who was mowing the lawn?
4. When Susan arrives, he realizes that the name "Silverman" means what?
(a) She is a silversmith.
(b) She is probably Jewish.
(c) She likes silver.
(d) She has changed her name.
5. What does Spenser tell Susan?
(a) He is a little scared of Vic.
(b) She was right in her assessment.
(c) She was wrong about her assessment.
(d) He does not want to talk to Vic.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning of the pickup, Spenser watches as Margery does what?
2. What does the driver of this vehicle do?
3. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
4. How does the man introduce himself?
5. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Spenser arrives back at the Bartlett home?
2. What does Spenser do for the next two days?
3. What takes place first on the morning of the pickup?
4. What is done regarding a stakeout?
5. How does Spenser begin his day?
6. What happens after the man heads into the woods?
7. What does the ransom note demand?
8. Who pulls up to Margery? Why?
9. How well has Healy overseen the set up of the stakeout?
10. What is learned about Vic? What happens when Vic and Spenser meet?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)