|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
(a) She screws around.
(b) She dresses well.
(c) She is rude.
(d) She is a good cook.
2. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
(a) To know what Vic did.
(b) To know he will be protected.
(c) To know that he will remain anonymous.
(d) To know why Spenser is looking for Vic.
3. What do Spenser and Susan do in the middle of the night?
(a) They talk.
(b) They sleep.
(c) They search for Kevin.
(d) They eat the meal Susan had prepared.
4. Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' house to find Roger doing what?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Arguing with Margery.
(c) Slicing a roast turkey breast for sandwiches.
(d) Watching television.
5. Why does Margery eventually leave the room?
(a) She has a play to rehearse.
(b) She wants to be alone.
(c) She becomes so upset.
(d) She is being ignored.
6. What has happened outside?
(a) Vaughn has hold of Margery.
(b) Vic has arrived to kill Margery.
(c) Margery has tripped and fallen.
(d) Kevin has returned.
7. What does Race say about Vic?
(a) He looks like he would want to beat everyone up.
(b) He looks like a great guy.
(c) He looks like he would be a good trainer.
(d) He looks like the kind of guy who would always want to lead.
8. Croft eventually says that Vic stays where sometimes?
(a) In Baltimore.
(b) In Bay Ridge.
(c) In Boston.
(d) In Smithfield.
9. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
(a) Not at first.
(d) Not completely.
10. Describe the fight.
(a) Victorious for Vic.
(b) Long and brutal.
(c) Very confusing.
11. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
(b) Slows down.
(c) Turns around.
(d) Speeds up.
12. Who is meeting with Vic?
(d) Dr. Croft.
13. Spenser says this package suggests that Kevin is what?
(b) Still alive.
(d) In pain.
14. How does Spenser respond to Dolly's comment about her mother?
(a) Maybe he will adjust in time.
(b) He is sure Kevin has adapted.
(c) Maybe boys have more trouble with that sort of situation.
(d) Kevin probably ran away because of this.
15. At four, what does Spenser do?
(a) He tells Margery's guests to go home.
(b) He goes to bed.
(c) He leaves the house.
(d) He helps Margery to her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
2. Where does Spenser follow Dolly?
3. Margery becomes increasingly ________________ and at one point tells Spenser that he's a "handsome brute."
4. Croft says that he knows about Vic simply by what?
5. When Susan arrives, Spenser catches her up and she wonders what about Margery?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)