|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Race seen Vic?
(a) At a bar called The Odds' End.
(b) At a bar called The Odd Man Out.
(c) At his photo studio earlier in the week.
(d) At another gym called Elite Fitness.
2. How does Margery respond to this?
(b) With anger.
(d) With surprise.
3. Why does Margery eventually leave the room?
(a) She wants to be alone.
(b) She becomes so upset.
(c) She has a play to rehearse.
(d) She is being ignored.
4. What is Vaughn's response to Spenser's questioning regarding Margery?
(a) She fainted from the shock of seeing Kevin.
(b) She ran away when she saw Vic coming towards her.
(c) She had teased him into thinking they were going outside to be alone but then changed her mind.
(d) She had become drunk and tripped over his foot.
5. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
(a) She is rude.
(b) She screws around.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She dresses well.
6. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
(a) She did not think he would come to the party.
(b) She is very glad he came.
(c) It is a good thing he is married to one of her good friends.
(d) She wishes he were not married to one of her good friends.
7. Just as Spenser is becoming aggravated at having to lay on the bench in the rain, what happens?
(a) Vic leaves with a woman.
(b) A tall man approaches Vic and trades a briefcase for an envelope Vic takes from an inside pocket.
(c) Vic is attacked by a man in dark clothing.
(d) A woman approaches Vic and speaks with him.
8. Why is there no recording of the call?
(a) The police had already removed the recording device from the phones.
(b) The caller did not leave a message.
(c) The phone is broken.
(d) The call never took place.
9. Who helps Spenser examine the house?
10. What has happened to Croft?
(a) He has escaped.
(b) He has been tortured.
(c) He has been hanged with his own tie.
(d) He has been removed and place in a higher security prison.
11. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
(a) For fooling around.
(b) For being rude.
(c) For lying about his trainer's certification.
(d) For not being reliable.
12. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
(a) Spenser can see them running down the street.
(b) Kevin's clothes are on a bed.
(c) Spenser can hear Vic's voice.
(d) Kevin has left a note saying so.
13. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
(a) She has become depressed.
(b) She has also gone to bed.
(c) She is very drunk.
(d) She is sobering up.
14. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
15. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
(a) Speeds up.
(b) Slows down.
(d) Turns around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Croft deny knowing anything about Vic or the girls?
2. What does Dolly say about the conversation that Margery is reporting?
3. What is done with Kevin?
4. Who does Spenser suggest might be mad at the Bartletts?
5. What does Spenser call Croft?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)