|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Croft?
(a) He has been tortured.
(b) He has been hanged with his own tie.
(c) He has been removed and place in a higher security prison.
(d) He has escaped.
2. What has Maguire's death been ruled?
(a) A homicide.
(b) An accident.
(c) A suicide.
(d) A death from natural causes.
3. The following morning, a Saturday, Margery opens a package that arrives in the mail to discover what?
(a) Kevin's lucky penny.
(b) Kevin's guinea pig, dead.
(c) Kevin's money.
(d) Kevin's photograph.
4. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
(a) Not completely.
(c) Not at first.
5. Where does Spenser follow Dolly?
(a) To his car.
(b) To the mailbox.
(c) To the house.
(d) To the barn.
6. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
(a) Vic has no police record.
(b) Vic is not his real name.
(c) Vic is an escaped convict.
(d) Vic has a record.
7. What does Dolly say about the conversation that Margery is reporting?
(a) There is more to it.
(b) It never happened.
(c) It is completely fabricated.
(d) It is meaningless.
8. How does Margery respond to this?
(b) With anger.
(d) With surprise.
9. Spenser goes to bed himself and is the first one up at what time?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Eleven o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
10. Describe the fight.
(a) Victorious for Vic.
(c) Very confusing.
(d) Long and brutal.
11. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
12. What does Race say about Vic?
(a) He looks like he would want to beat everyone up.
(b) He looks like the kind of guy who would always want to lead.
(c) He looks like he would be a good trainer.
(d) He looks like a great guy.
13. What does Spenser tell Race?
(b) Vic is not who Race thinks he is.
(c) Vic has Kevin and that he's wanted for questioning about a murder.
14. What else does Spenser discover?
(a) A photograph signed by Vic.
(b) Body-building magazines, many featuring Vic.
(c) A note from Vic.
(d) A book from Vic.
15. Spenser wakes just after ten the next morning and goes where?
(a) To the high school.
(b) Harber Health Club.
(c) To the Bartlett home.
(d) To see Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
2. What is done with Kevin?
3. How does Spenser respond to Dolly's comment about her mother?
4. Over the next hours, what happens to Spenser?
5. Whose life is threatened, other than Kevin's?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)