|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
(a) Not completely.
(b) Not at first.
2. When does Margery receive a phone call?
(a) At three o'clock.
(b) At noon.
(c) At two o'clock.
(d) At one o'clock.
3. Who does Spenser suggest might be mad at the Bartletts?
(a) A business situation with Roger.
4. Is there any sign that either the front or back door has been jimmied?
(a) A small sign.
5. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
6. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
(a) Vic has a record.
(b) Vic is not his real name.
(c) Vic is an escaped convict.
(d) Vic has no police record.
7. At the party, how is Margery dressed?
(a) In very tight clothing.
(b) In a beautiful gown.
(c) In jeans and a tee shirt.
(d) In a holiday sweater.
8. Where has Race seen Vic?
(a) At his photo studio earlier in the week.
(b) At a bar called The Odd Man Out.
(c) At another gym called Elite Fitness.
(d) At a bar called The Odds' End.
9. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
(a) A young boy.
(d) A young girl.
10. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
(a) She has become depressed.
(b) She is very drunk.
(c) She is sobering up.
(d) She has also gone to bed.
11. What else does Race say about Vic?
(a) He is "a fag who doesn't like fags."
(b) He is "gay and proud."
(c) He is "mean and nasty."
(d) He is "one crazy man."
12. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
(a) Margery is no longer in the kitchen.
(b) Margery is in a fight with a guest.
(c) Margery is dancing around the room.
(d) Margery is sitting at the kitchen table crying.
13. Spenser goes back in the establishment where he does what?
(a) Goes to a phone and calls the police.
(b) Has cognac and warms up.
(c) Tells Race what has happened.
(d) Sits in the sauna.
14. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
(b) So that he has a good view of the house.
(c) So that he can be hidden from view.
(d) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
15. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
(a) Cabernet Savignon.
(b) Dom Perignon.
(c) Pinot Grigio.
(d) Pinot Noir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Spenser is not near his car, he runs back in that direction, hoping to do what?
2. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
3. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
4. Spenser wakes just after ten the next morning and goes where?
5. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)