|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
(a) Dom Perignon.
(b) Pinot Noir.
(c) Pinot Grigio.
(d) Cabernet Savignon.
2. At the Common, Vic stops, and what does Spenser do?
(a) He also stops.
(b) He trips.
(c) He quickly hides.
(d) He continues past him.
3. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
(a) For fooling around.
(b) For lying about his trainer's certification.
(c) For being rude.
(d) For not being reliable.
4. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
(a) Yes, early the next day.
(c) Yes, soon after they leave.
(d) Yes, later in the night.
5. The item in the package has no signs of trauma, so what does this mean?
(a) It probably died of natural causes.
(b) It probably was sent by Kevin.
(c) It probably was killed.
(d) It probably is not Kevin's.
6. What does Spenser call Croft?
(a) Vic's man.
(b) Mr. Croft.
(c) John Doe.
7. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
(a) He leaves her a note on her door.
(b) He sends her a text message.
(c) He calls her back.
(d) He ignores the messages.
8. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
(a) She wishes he were not married to one of her good friends.
(b) She did not think he would come to the party.
(c) She is very glad he came.
(d) It is a good thing he is married to one of her good friends.
9. Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' house to find Roger doing what?
(a) Arguing with Margery.
(b) Slicing a roast turkey breast for sandwiches.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Watching television.
10. At four, what does Spenser do?
(a) He leaves the house.
(b) He helps Margery to her bedroom.
(c) He goes to bed.
(d) He tells Margery's guests to go home.
11. Spenser tells the cop on duty at the drive that he's going to be gone for awhile and to do what?
(a) Take a break.
(b) Not let Margery leave his sight.
(c) Remain close to the house.
(d) Call in reinforcements.
12. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
13. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
(a) To know why Spenser is looking for Vic.
(b) To know what Vic did.
(c) To know that he will remain anonymous.
(d) To know he will be protected.
14. When Vic arrives, to whom does he talk?
(a) No one.
(b) The manager of the gym.
(c) A fat man.
15. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vaughn arrives, for what does he ask?
2. Croft says that he knows about Vic simply by what?
3. When Spenser would have helped Roger deal with Vic, what does Roger say?
4. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
5. When Susan arrives, Spenser catches her up and she wonders what about Margery?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)