|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
2. Why does Spenser pull his gun?
(a) He wants to show everyone his gun.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) In case the killer remains in the house.
(d) He hears a noise.
3. Margery enters and asks for what?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A refill on her drink.
(c) A cookie.
(d) A glass of water.
4. Spenser says this package suggests that Kevin is what?
(a) In pain.
(c) Still alive.
5. Spenser tells the cop on duty at the drive that he's going to be gone for awhile and to do what?
(a) Call in reinforcements.
(b) Remain close to the house.
(c) Not let Margery leave his sight.
(d) Take a break.
6. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
7. What has happened to Croft?
(a) He has been removed and place in a higher security prison.
(b) He has escaped.
(c) He has been hanged with his own tie.
(d) He has been tortured.
8. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
(a) In his car.
(b) In a motel room.
(c) On a chair in the lobby.
(d) Outside Vic's motel room.
9. Where does Spenser follow Dolly?
(a) To the mailbox.
(b) To the house.
(c) To his car.
(d) To the barn.
10. The following morning, a Saturday, Margery opens a package that arrives in the mail to discover what?
(a) Kevin's photograph.
(b) Kevin's lucky penny.
(c) Kevin's money.
(d) Kevin's guinea pig, dead.
11. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
12. What is Vaughn's response to Spenser's questioning regarding Margery?
(a) She ran away when she saw Vic coming towards her.
(b) She had teased him into thinking they were going outside to be alone but then changed her mind.
(c) She had become drunk and tripped over his foot.
(d) She fainted from the shock of seeing Kevin.
13. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
(a) For not being reliable.
(b) For lying about his trainer's certification.
(c) For being rude.
(d) For fooling around.
14. Roger tells Spenser that the entire situation sounds like what?
(a) A lie.
(b) A joke.
15. When Spenser would have helped Roger deal with Vic, what does Roger say?
(a) Kevin is his son and that he'll handle the situation.
(b) Yes, please help me.
(c) Vic's not worth fighting.
(d) Kevin can fight his own battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margery respond to this?
2. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
3. When Spenser goes back to the front and tells Trask what has happened to Croft, how does the police officer appear?
4. What would the kidnapper not have done if they'd already killed Kevin?
5. Who does Spenser invite to the party?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)