|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spenser wakes just after ten the next morning and goes where?
(a) Harber Health Club.
(b) To the high school.
(c) To the Bartlett home.
(d) To see Susan.
2. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
(a) He calls her back.
(b) He ignores the messages.
(c) He sends her a text message.
(d) He leaves her a note on her door.
3. Who is meeting with Vic?
(d) Dr. Croft.
4. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
(a) She dresses well.
(b) She is rude.
(c) She screws around.
(d) She is a good cook.
5. Is there any sign that either the front or back door has been jimmied?
(b) A small sign.
6. When Susan arrives, Spenser catches her up and she wonders what about Margery?
(a) If she throws parties like this often.
(b) How Margery is able to enjoy herself at a time like this.
(c) If it's courage, obsession or madness that makes Margery hold a party with all that's going on.
(d) How she can treat her husband in this way.
7. What does Trask then do to Spenser?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He pulls a gun on him.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He places him in a cell.
8. What does Race say about Vic?
(a) He looks like he would want to beat everyone up.
(b) He looks like a great guy.
(c) He looks like he would be a good trainer.
(d) He looks like the kind of guy who would always want to lead.
9. What else does Spenser discover?
(a) A note from Vic.
(b) A photograph signed by Vic.
(c) A book from Vic.
(d) Body-building magazines, many featuring Vic.
10. Why was Maguire at the house?
(a) To guard the house.
(b) To prepare the bar for the party.
(c) To discuss legal matters with Margery.
(d) He is Margery's boyfriend.
11. When Vaughn arrives, for what does he ask?
(a) Mr. Victor's room.
(b) Ms. Margery's room.
(c) A room.
(d) Vic's room.
12. What do Spenser and Susan do in the middle of the night?
(a) They sleep.
(b) They search for Kevin.
(c) They eat the meal Susan had prepared.
(d) They talk.
13. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
(a) Spenser can hear Vic's voice.
(b) Kevin has left a note saying so.
(c) Kevin's clothes are on a bed.
(d) Spenser can see them running down the street.
14. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
15. What does Dolly say about the conversation that Margery is reporting?
(a) It is completely fabricated.
(b) There is more to it.
(c) It never happened.
(d) It is meaningless.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Spenser would have helped Roger deal with Vic, what does Roger say?
2. When does Margery receive a phone call?
3. What is Vaughn's response to Spenser's questioning regarding Margery?
4. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
5. The item in the package has no signs of trauma, so what does this mean?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)