|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
2. At four, what does Spenser do?
(a) He tells Margery's guests to go home.
(b) He helps Margery to her bedroom.
(c) He goes to bed.
(d) He leaves the house.
3. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
(a) Margery is sitting at the kitchen table crying.
(b) Margery is dancing around the room.
(c) Margery is in a fight with a guest.
(d) Margery is no longer in the kitchen.
4. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
(a) To know that he will remain anonymous.
(b) To know he will be protected.
(c) To know why Spenser is looking for Vic.
(d) To know what Vic did.
5. When does Margery receive a phone call?
(a) At two o'clock.
(b) At noon.
(c) At one o'clock.
(d) At three o'clock.
6. What else does Spenser discover?
(a) A book from Vic.
(b) A photograph signed by Vic.
(c) Body-building magazines, many featuring Vic.
(d) A note from Vic.
7. Who does Spenser suggest might be mad at the Bartletts?
(d) A business situation with Roger.
8. Does Croft deny knowing anything about Vic or the girls?
(a) He does not respond to the question.
(c) Yes, at first.
9. When Vaughn arrives, for what does he ask?
(a) Vic's room.
(b) Mr. Victor's room.
(c) Ms. Margery's room.
(d) A room.
10. How does Spenser respond to Dolly's comment about her mother?
(a) Maybe he will adjust in time.
(b) Kevin probably ran away because of this.
(c) Maybe boys have more trouble with that sort of situation.
(d) He is sure Kevin has adapted.
11. Spenser wakes just after ten the next morning and goes where?
(a) Harber Health Club.
(b) To see Susan.
(c) To the high school.
(d) To the Bartlett home.
12. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he can be hidden from view.
(b) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
(c) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
(d) So that he has a good view of the house.
13. What does Spenser call Croft?
(a) Mr. Croft.
(c) Vic's man.
(d) John Doe.
14. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
(a) Yes, later in the night.
(c) Yes, early the next day.
(d) Yes, soon after they leave.
15. Where does Spenser follow Dolly?
(a) To the house.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To the mailbox.
(d) To his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser goes back in the establishment where he does what?
2. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
3. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
4. What has happened to Croft?
5. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)