|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Race say about Vic?
(a) He is "mean and nasty."
(b) He is "a fag who doesn't like fags."
(c) He is "one crazy man."
(d) He is "gay and proud."
2. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
(a) She dresses well.
(b) She screws around.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She is rude.
3. Who does Spenser call, asking them to find out what they can about Dr. Croft?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The County Police.
(c) The Smithfield Police.
(d) The State Police.
4. When Spenser would have helped Roger deal with Vic, what does Roger say?
(a) Yes, please help me.
(b) Kevin is his son and that he'll handle the situation.
(c) Vic's not worth fighting.
(d) Kevin can fight his own battles.
5. Spenser tells the cop on duty at the drive that he's going to be gone for awhile and to do what?
(a) Not let Margery leave his sight.
(b) Take a break.
(c) Call in reinforcements.
(d) Remain close to the house.
6. Spenser goes back in the establishment where he does what?
(a) Tells Race what has happened.
(b) Goes to a phone and calls the police.
(c) Has cognac and warms up.
(d) Sits in the sauna.
7. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
8. Spenser then heads for the Smithfield Police Station where he plans to do what?
(a) Pick up Croft.
(b) Visit with Healy.
(c) Place Vic in custody.
(d) Speak to Trask.
9. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
10. What does Trask then do to Spenser?
(a) He pulls a gun on him.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He places him in a cell.
(d) He hugs him.
11. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
(a) Margery is no longer in the kitchen.
(b) Margery is dancing around the room.
(c) Margery is in a fight with a guest.
(d) Margery is sitting at the kitchen table crying.
12. Croft says that he knows about Vic simply by what?
(a) His photographs.
(b) Having attended the same school.
(c) His friendship with Kevin.
13. What does Spenser call Croft?
(a) Mr. Croft.
(c) Vic's man.
(d) John Doe.
14. What else does Spenser discover?
(a) Body-building magazines, many featuring Vic.
(b) A photograph signed by Vic.
(c) A book from Vic.
(d) A note from Vic.
15. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
(a) Speeds up.
(b) Slows down.
(d) Turns around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened outside?
2. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
3. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
4. Who is meeting with Vic?
5. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)