|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
(a) Vic is not his real name.
(b) Vic has a record.
(c) Vic is an escaped convict.
(d) Vic has no police record.
2. What is Vaughn's response to Spenser's questioning regarding Margery?
(a) She had teased him into thinking they were going outside to be alone but then changed her mind.
(b) She had become drunk and tripped over his foot.
(c) She ran away when she saw Vic coming towards her.
(d) She fainted from the shock of seeing Kevin.
3. Who is meeting with Vic?
(d) Dr. Croft.
4. What does Spenser call Croft?
(a) John Doe.
(c) Mr. Croft.
(d) Vic's man.
5. Who does Spenser call, asking them to find out what they can about Dr. Croft?
(a) The County Police.
(b) The Smithfield Police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The State Police.
6. Margery becomes increasingly ________________ and at one point tells Spenser that he's a "handsome brute."
7. They go up to Kevin's secret room, and Spenser discovers what?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A locked trunk.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
8. To what does Croft admit?
(a) He does recommend Vic's girls on occasion to patients such as Fraser.
(b) He does visit Vic's girl on occasion.
(c) He has gone to the motel to meet with Vic.
(d) He has heard that Vic sells youngs girls.
9. What else does Spenser discover?
(a) Body-building magazines, many featuring Vic.
(b) A note from Vic.
(c) A photograph signed by Vic.
(d) A book from Vic.
10. When Susan arrives, Spenser catches her up and she wonders what about Margery?
(a) How she can treat her husband in this way.
(b) If she throws parties like this often.
(c) If it's courage, obsession or madness that makes Margery hold a party with all that's going on.
(d) How Margery is able to enjoy herself at a time like this.
11. What else does Race say about Vic?
(a) He is "a fag who doesn't like fags."
(b) He is "mean and nasty."
(c) He is "gay and proud."
(d) He is "one crazy man."
12. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
(a) Kevin has left a note saying so.
(b) Spenser can hear Vic's voice.
(c) Spenser can see them running down the street.
(d) Kevin's clothes are on a bed.
13. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
(a) Yes, later in the night.
(b) Yes, early the next day.
(c) Yes, soon after they leave.
14. At the Common, Vic stops, and what does Spenser do?
(a) He trips.
(b) He also stops.
(c) He continues past him.
(d) He quickly hides.
15. What does Trask then do to Spenser?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He places him in a cell.
(d) He pulls a gun on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spenser respond to Trask?
2. Why does Margery eventually leave the room?
3. Spenser then heads for the Smithfield Police Station where he plans to do what?
4. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
5. Why does Spenser pull his gun?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)