|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Spenser invite to the party?
2. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
(a) He sends her a text message.
(b) He ignores the messages.
(c) He leaves her a note on her door.
(d) He calls her back.
3. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
(a) Pinot Grigio.
(b) Dom Perignon.
(c) Pinot Noir.
(d) Cabernet Savignon.
4. Dolly has become accustomed to the situation. Is she certain Kevin ever has?
(a) Fairly certain.
(b) Very certain.
5. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
(a) Margery is sitting at the kitchen table crying.
(b) Margery is dancing around the room.
(c) Margery is no longer in the kitchen.
(d) Margery is in a fight with a guest.
6. What does Race say about Vic?
(a) He looks like a great guy.
(b) He looks like he would be a good trainer.
(c) He looks like the kind of guy who would always want to lead.
(d) He looks like he would want to beat everyone up.
7. Who does Spenser call, asking them to find out what they can about Dr. Croft?
(a) The County Police.
(b) The State Police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Smithfield Police.
8. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
(a) She is a good cook.
(b) She dresses well.
(c) She screws around.
(d) She is rude.
9. What would the kidnapper not have done if they'd already killed Kevin?
(a) He or she would not have sent a photograph of Kevin.
(b) He or she would not have kept the animal alive.
(c) He or she would not have returned Kevin's lucky penny.
(d) He or she would not sent the animal to the Bartletts.
10. Just as Spenser is becoming aggravated at having to lay on the bench in the rain, what happens?
(a) Vic leaves with a woman.
(b) A tall man approaches Vic and trades a briefcase for an envelope Vic takes from an inside pocket.
(c) Vic is attacked by a man in dark clothing.
(d) A woman approaches Vic and speaks with him.
11. How does Margery respond to this?
(a) With anger.
(b) With surprise.
12. What is done with Kevin?
(a) He stays with Vic.
(b) He returns home with his parents.
(c) He is put in a juvenile detention center.
(d) He is taken to a psychiatrist.
13. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
14. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
15. At four, what does Spenser do?
(a) He helps Margery to her bedroom.
(b) He tells Margery's guests to go home.
(c) He goes to bed.
(d) He leaves the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margery eventually leave the room?
2. What is Vaughn's response to Spenser's questioning regarding Margery?
3. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
4. What do Spenser and Susan do in the middle of the night?
5. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)