|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
2. At the party, how is Margery dressed?
(a) In a holiday sweater.
(b) In a beautiful gown.
(c) In jeans and a tee shirt.
(d) In very tight clothing.
3. Dolly has become accustomed to the situation. Is she certain Kevin ever has?
(c) Very certain.
(d) Fairly certain.
4. Roger tells Spenser that the entire situation sounds like what?
(c) A lie.
(d) A joke.
5. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
6. Spenser tells the cop on duty at the drive that he's going to be gone for awhile and to do what?
(a) Remain close to the house.
(b) Take a break.
(c) Not let Margery leave his sight.
(d) Call in reinforcements.
7. What does Dolly say about the conversation that Margery is reporting?
(a) It is completely fabricated.
(b) It is meaningless.
(c) There is more to it.
(d) It never happened.
8. Is there any sign that either the front or back door has been jimmied?
(b) A small sign.
9. Over the next hours, what happens to Spenser?
(a) He acts as Race's assistant, hoping Vic will return for another photo shoot.
(b) He sits in a corner, alone, at the bar.
(c) He goes to work out at Elite Fitness to wait for Vic to arrive.
(d) He is hit on several times and manages to make at least one patron angry.
10. Margery enters and asks for what?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A refill on her drink.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A cookie.
11. Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' house to find Roger doing what?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Slicing a roast turkey breast for sandwiches.
(d) Arguing with Margery.
12. What has Maguire's death been ruled?
(a) An accident.
(b) A death from natural causes.
(c) A suicide.
(d) A homicide.
13. Where has Race seen Vic?
(a) At his photo studio earlier in the week.
(b) At another gym called Elite Fitness.
(c) At a bar called The Odds' End.
(d) At a bar called The Odd Man Out.
14. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
(a) A young girl.
(c) A young boy.
15. How does Spenser respond to Dolly's comment about her mother?
(a) Kevin probably ran away because of this.
(b) He is sure Kevin has adapted.
(c) Maybe boys have more trouble with that sort of situation.
(d) Maybe he will adjust in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Susan arrives, Spenser catches her up and she wonders what about Margery?
2. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
3. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
4. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
5. What is done with Kevin?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)