|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spenser pull his gun?
(a) He wants to show everyone his gun.
(b) In case the killer remains in the house.
(c) He hears a noise.
(d) He is afraid.
2. Over the next hours, what happens to Spenser?
(a) He sits in a corner, alone, at the bar.
(b) He acts as Race's assistant, hoping Vic will return for another photo shoot.
(c) He is hit on several times and manages to make at least one patron angry.
(d) He goes to work out at Elite Fitness to wait for Vic to arrive.
3. What do Spenser and Susan do in the middle of the night?
(a) They sleep.
(b) They eat the meal Susan had prepared.
(c) They search for Kevin.
(d) They talk.
4. Describe the fight.
(a) Very confusing.
(c) Victorious for Vic.
(d) Long and brutal.
5. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
(a) In a motel room.
(b) Outside Vic's motel room.
(c) In his car.
(d) On a chair in the lobby.
6. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
(a) Not at first.
(d) Not completely.
7. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
(a) Spenser can see them running down the street.
(b) Kevin's clothes are on a bed.
(c) Spenser can hear Vic's voice.
(d) Kevin has left a note saying so.
8. When Spenser would have helped Roger deal with Vic, what does Roger say?
(a) Kevin can fight his own battles.
(b) Vic's not worth fighting.
(c) Yes, please help me.
(d) Kevin is his son and that he'll handle the situation.
9. Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' house to find Roger doing what?
(a) Arguing with Margery.
(b) Slicing a roast turkey breast for sandwiches.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Cooking dinner.
10. To what does Croft admit?
(a) He does recommend Vic's girls on occasion to patients such as Fraser.
(b) He has heard that Vic sells youngs girls.
(c) He has gone to the motel to meet with Vic.
(d) He does visit Vic's girl on occasion.
11. Since Spenser is not near his car, he runs back in that direction, hoping to do what?
(a) Call for backup.
(b) Catch up with Vic.
(c) Not be seen.
(d) Get to his car before Vic does.
12. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
(a) He calls her back.
(b) He leaves her a note on her door.
(c) He ignores the messages.
(d) He sends her a text message.
13. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
(a) Cabernet Savignon.
(b) Dom Perignon.
(c) Pinot Grigio.
(d) Pinot Noir.
14. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he can be hidden from view.
(b) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
(c) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
(d) So that he has a good view of the house.
15. Spenser goes to bed himself and is the first one up at what time?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Eleven o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Ten o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Croft says that he knows about Vic simply by what?
2. Spenser then heads for the Smithfield Police Station where he plans to do what?
3. When Spenser goes back to the front and tells Trask what has happened to Croft, how does the police officer appear?
4. Why does Margery eventually leave the room?
5. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)