|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he has a good view of the house.
(b) So that he can be hidden from view.
(c) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
(d) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
2. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
(a) Spenser can hear Vic's voice.
(b) Kevin has left a note saying so.
(c) Kevin's clothes are on a bed.
(d) Spenser can see them running down the street.
3. Whose life is threatened, other than Kevin's?
4. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
5. Does Croft deny knowing anything about Vic or the girls?
(a) Yes, at first.
(b) He does not respond to the question.
6. Who does Spenser call, asking them to find out what they can about Dr. Croft?
(a) The County Police.
(b) The State Police.
(c) The Smithfield Police.
(d) The FBI.
7. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
(a) To know that he will remain anonymous.
(b) To know he will be protected.
(c) To know why Spenser is looking for Vic.
(d) To know what Vic did.
8. How does Spenser respond to Trask?
(a) He fights back but is unable to get out of Trask's grasp.
(b) He pushes him away.
(c) He calmly tells Trask that he's going to talk to Healy and that he's certain they'll be in touch before walking out of the police station.
(d) He calmly tells him to stop yelling.
9. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
(a) She wishes he were not married to one of her good friends.
(b) It is a good thing he is married to one of her good friends.
(c) She is very glad he came.
(d) She did not think he would come to the party.
10. What does Spenser tell Race?
(b) Vic is not who Race thinks he is.
(c) Vic has Kevin and that he's wanted for questioning about a murder.
11. Croft eventually says that Vic stays where sometimes?
(a) In Bay Ridge.
(b) In Baltimore.
(c) In Boston.
(d) In Smithfield.
12. Describe the fight.
(a) Long and brutal.
(b) Victorious for Vic.
(d) Very confusing.
13. What does Spenser find when he returns from shopping?
(a) Margery dead.
(b) Maguire dead.
(c) The guinea pig dead.
(d) Roger dead.
14. What has happened to Croft?
(a) He has been tortured.
(b) He has escaped.
(c) He has been removed and place in a higher security prison.
(d) He has been hanged with his own tie.
15. Who helps Spenser examine the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
2. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
3. Spenser goes back in the establishment where he does what?
4. How does Spenser respond to Dolly's comment about her mother?
5. Margery enters and asks for what?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)