|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
(b) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
(c) So that he has a good view of the house.
(d) So that he can be hidden from view.
2. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
(a) He sends her a text message.
(b) He ignores the messages.
(c) He calls her back.
(d) He leaves her a note on her door.
3. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
(b) The state police.
4. Croft says that he knows about Vic simply by what?
(b) His photographs.
(c) Having attended the same school.
(d) His friendship with Kevin.
5. What else does Race say about Vic?
(a) He is "a fag who doesn't like fags."
(b) He is "mean and nasty."
(c) He is "one crazy man."
(d) He is "gay and proud."
6. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
(a) Not at first.
(b) Not completely.
7. What does Dolly say about the conversation that Margery is reporting?
(a) It is completely fabricated.
(b) It never happened.
(c) It is meaningless.
(d) There is more to it.
8. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
(a) In a motel room.
(b) Outside Vic's motel room.
(c) In his car.
(d) On a chair in the lobby.
9. When Susan arrives, Spenser catches her up and she wonders what about Margery?
(a) If it's courage, obsession or madness that makes Margery hold a party with all that's going on.
(b) If she throws parties like this often.
(c) How she can treat her husband in this way.
(d) How Margery is able to enjoy herself at a time like this.
10. Since Spenser is not near his car, he runs back in that direction, hoping to do what?
(a) Catch up with Vic.
(b) Not be seen.
(c) Call for backup.
(d) Get to his car before Vic does.
11. At the party, how is Margery dressed?
(a) In a beautiful gown.
(b) In very tight clothing.
(c) In jeans and a tee shirt.
(d) In a holiday sweater.
12. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
(a) She is rude.
(b) She is a good cook.
(c) She screws around.
(d) She dresses well.
13. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
(a) She is sobering up.
(b) She has become depressed.
(c) She has also gone to bed.
(d) She is very drunk.
14. Who is meeting with Vic?
(a) Dr. Croft.
15. Who does Spenser invite to the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser wakes just after ten the next morning and goes where?
2. When Spenser would have helped Roger deal with Vic, what does Roger say?
3. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
4. When Vaughn arrives, for what does he ask?
5. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)