|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just as Spenser is becoming aggravated at having to lay on the bench in the rain, what happens?
(a) Vic is attacked by a man in dark clothing.
(b) A tall man approaches Vic and trades a briefcase for an envelope Vic takes from an inside pocket.
(c) A woman approaches Vic and speaks with him.
(d) Vic leaves with a woman.
2. Margery becomes increasingly ________________ and at one point tells Spenser that he's a "handsome brute."
3. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
4. Since Spenser is not near his car, he runs back in that direction, hoping to do what?
(a) Get to his car before Vic does.
(b) Not be seen.
(c) Call for backup.
(d) Catch up with Vic.
5. Why does Spenser pull his gun?
(a) He wants to show everyone his gun.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) In case the killer remains in the house.
(d) He hears a noise.
6. When Vaughn arrives, for what does he ask?
(a) A room.
(b) Mr. Victor's room.
(c) Ms. Margery's room.
(d) Vic's room.
7. To what does Croft admit?
(a) He does recommend Vic's girls on occasion to patients such as Fraser.
(b) He does visit Vic's girl on occasion.
(c) He has heard that Vic sells youngs girls.
(d) He has gone to the motel to meet with Vic.
8. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
9. What do Spenser and Susan do in the middle of the night?
(a) They sleep.
(b) They talk.
(c) They search for Kevin.
(d) They eat the meal Susan had prepared.
10. Whose life is threatened, other than Kevin's?
11. Why is there no recording of the call?
(a) The call never took place.
(b) The caller did not leave a message.
(c) The phone is broken.
(d) The police had already removed the recording device from the phones.
12. What does Spenser call Croft?
(a) John Doe.
(c) Mr. Croft.
(d) Vic's man.
13. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
(a) Cabernet Savignon.
(b) Pinot Noir.
(c) Dom Perignon.
(d) Pinot Grigio.
14. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he has a good view of the house.
(b) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
(c) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
(d) So that he can be hidden from view.
15. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
(a) Vic is an escaped convict.
(b) Vic is not his real name.
(c) Vic has no police record.
(d) Vic has a record.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser arrives at the Bartletts' house to find Roger doing what?
2. Is there any sign that either the front or back door has been jimmied?
3. Spenser says this package suggests that Kevin is what?
4. What else does Spenser discover?
5. When Spenser would have helped Roger deal with Vic, what does Roger say?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)