|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margery eventually leave the room?
(a) She becomes so upset.
(b) She is being ignored.
(c) She wants to be alone.
(d) She has a play to rehearse.
2. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
(d) The state police.
3. Spenser wakes just after ten the next morning and goes where?
(a) To the Bartlett home.
(b) Harber Health Club.
(c) To see Susan.
(d) To the high school.
4. Why does Spenser pull his gun?
(a) He wants to show everyone his gun.
(b) He hears a noise.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) In case the killer remains in the house.
5. How does Spenser respond to Dolly's comment about her mother?
(a) Maybe boys have more trouble with that sort of situation.
(b) Kevin probably ran away because of this.
(c) Maybe he will adjust in time.
(d) He is sure Kevin has adapted.
6. What do Spenser and Susan do in the middle of the night?
(a) They eat the meal Susan had prepared.
(b) They search for Kevin.
(c) They talk.
(d) They sleep.
7. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
(a) Margery is dancing around the room.
(b) Margery is in a fight with a guest.
(c) Margery is no longer in the kitchen.
(d) Margery is sitting at the kitchen table crying.
8. What does Trask then do to Spenser?
(a) He yells at him.
(b) He places him in a cell.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He pulls a gun on him.
9. Over the next hours, what happens to Spenser?
(a) He acts as Race's assistant, hoping Vic will return for another photo shoot.
(b) He goes to work out at Elite Fitness to wait for Vic to arrive.
(c) He is hit on several times and manages to make at least one patron angry.
(d) He sits in a corner, alone, at the bar.
10. The following morning, a Saturday, Margery opens a package that arrives in the mail to discover what?
(a) Kevin's money.
(b) Kevin's photograph.
(c) Kevin's guinea pig, dead.
(d) Kevin's lucky penny.
11. What has happened outside?
(a) Margery has tripped and fallen.
(b) Vaughn has hold of Margery.
(c) Vic has arrived to kill Margery.
(d) Kevin has returned.
12. When Vic arrives, to whom does he talk?
(b) The manager of the gym.
(c) A fat man.
(d) No one.
13. Does Croft deny knowing anything about Vic or the girls?
(a) He does not respond to the question.
(b) Yes, at first.
14. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
(b) Yes, early the next day.
(c) Yes, later in the night.
(d) Yes, soon after they leave.
15. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
(b) Not at first.
(c) Not completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Croft eventually says that Vic stays where sometimes?
2. Why does Spenser say that it's evident Kevin and Vic will be returning soon?
3. They go up to Kevin's secret room, and Spenser discovers what?
4. Why is there no recording of the call?
5. Who helps Spenser examine the house?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)