|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Maguire's death been ruled?
(a) A death from natural causes.
(b) An accident.
(c) A suicide.
(d) A homicide.
2. Describe the fight.
(b) Victorious for Vic.
(c) Long and brutal.
(d) Very confusing.
3. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
(b) Turns around.
(c) Slows down.
(d) Speeds up.
4. The following morning, a Saturday, Margery opens a package that arrives in the mail to discover what?
(a) Kevin's guinea pig, dead.
(b) Kevin's money.
(c) Kevin's lucky penny.
(d) Kevin's photograph.
5. What else does Race say about Vic?
(a) He is "one crazy man."
(b) He is "mean and nasty."
(c) He is "gay and proud."
(d) He is "a fag who doesn't like fags."
6. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
(a) It is a good thing he is married to one of her good friends.
(b) She did not think he would come to the party.
(c) She wishes he were not married to one of her good friends.
(d) She is very glad he came.
7. Is there any sign that either the front or back door has been jimmied?
(a) A small sign.
8. Spenser then heads for the Smithfield Police Station where he plans to do what?
(a) Pick up Croft.
(b) Visit with Healy.
(c) Speak to Trask.
(d) Place Vic in custody.
9. How does Margery respond to this?
(c) With anger.
(d) With surprise.
10. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
(a) Margery is in a fight with a guest.
(b) Margery is dancing around the room.
(c) Margery is sitting at the kitchen table crying.
(d) Margery is no longer in the kitchen.
11. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
(a) Not completely.
(c) Not at first.
12. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
13. To what does Croft admit?
(a) He does recommend Vic's girls on occasion to patients such as Fraser.
(b) He has gone to the motel to meet with Vic.
(c) He does visit Vic's girl on occasion.
(d) He has heard that Vic sells youngs girls.
14. When Susan arrives, Spenser catches her up and she wonders what about Margery?
(a) If she throws parties like this often.
(b) If it's courage, obsession or madness that makes Margery hold a party with all that's going on.
(c) How she can treat her husband in this way.
(d) How Margery is able to enjoy herself at a time like this.
15. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
(a) To know what Vic did.
(b) To know that he will remain anonymous.
(c) To know why Spenser is looking for Vic.
(d) To know he will be protected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
2. What does Trask then do to Spenser?
3. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
4. Over the next hours, what happens to Spenser?
5. Margery becomes increasingly ________________ and at one point tells Spenser that he's a "handsome brute."
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)