|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
(a) She screws around.
(b) She dresses well.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She is rude.
2. What does Trask then do to Spenser?
(a) He places him in a cell.
(b) He pulls a gun on him.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He yells at him.
3. Spenser says this package suggests that Kevin is what?
(a) In pain.
(b) Still alive.
4. Whose life is threatened, other than Kevin's?
5. Why is there no recording of the call?
(a) The call never took place.
(b) The phone is broken.
(c) The police had already removed the recording device from the phones.
(d) The caller did not leave a message.
6. When does Margery receive a phone call?
(a) At three o'clock.
(b) At noon.
(c) At one o'clock.
(d) At two o'clock.
7. Margery is on the phone, talking to whom?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) Her husband.
(d) The caterers for the evening's party.
8. What else does Spenser discover?
(a) Body-building magazines, many featuring Vic.
(b) A photograph signed by Vic.
(c) A note from Vic.
(d) A book from Vic.
9. Dolly has become accustomed to the situation. Is she certain Kevin ever has?
(b) Fairly certain.
(c) Very certain.
10. What do Spenser and Susan do in the middle of the night?
(a) They sleep.
(b) They talk.
(c) They eat the meal Susan had prepared.
(d) They search for Kevin.
11. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
(a) A young boy.
(d) A young girl.
12. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
(a) Vic is an escaped convict.
(b) Vic is not his real name.
(c) Vic has a record.
(d) Vic has no police record.
13. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
(a) For fooling around.
(b) For being rude.
(c) For lying about his trainer's certification.
(d) For not being reliable.
14. What does Race say about Vic?
(a) He looks like he would want to beat everyone up.
(b) He looks like a great guy.
(c) He looks like he would be a good trainer.
(d) He looks like the kind of guy who would always want to lead.
15. Margery enters and asks for what?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A refill on her drink.
(c) A cookie.
(d) A glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
2. Why was Maguire at the house?
3. What has Maguire's death been ruled?
4. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
5. What would the kidnapper not have done if they'd already killed Kevin?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)