|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
(a) Slows down.
(c) Turns around.
(d) Speeds up.
2. Who does Spenser invite to the party?
3. What else does Spenser discover?
(a) A note from Vic.
(b) A book from Vic.
(c) Body-building magazines, many featuring Vic.
(d) A photograph signed by Vic.
4. Spenser then heads for the Smithfield Police Station where he plans to do what?
(a) Speak to Trask.
(b) Visit with Healy.
(c) Pick up Croft.
(d) Place Vic in custody.
5. Why was Maguire at the house?
(a) To guard the house.
(b) To discuss legal matters with Margery.
(c) He is Margery's boyfriend.
(d) To prepare the bar for the party.
6. How does Margery respond to this?
(b) With anger.
(d) With surprise.
7. How does Spenser respond to Trask?
(a) He pushes him away.
(b) He calmly tells Trask that he's going to talk to Healy and that he's certain they'll be in touch before walking out of the police station.
(c) He fights back but is unable to get out of Trask's grasp.
(d) He calmly tells him to stop yelling.
8. Does Margery deny she has vengeful ex-lovers?
(b) Not at first.
(d) Not completely.
9. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
10. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
(b) A young girl.
(c) A young boy.
11. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
(a) It is a good thing he is married to one of her good friends.
(b) She did not think he would come to the party.
(c) She is very glad he came.
(d) She wishes he were not married to one of her good friends.
12. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
(a) On a chair in the lobby.
(b) In his car.
(c) In a motel room.
(d) Outside Vic's motel room.
13. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
14. How does Spenser respond when Margery asks him to stay?
(a) He does not agree.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He leaves without speaking.
(d) He does not respond.
15. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
(a) He ignores the messages.
(b) He calls her back.
(c) He leaves her a note on her door.
(d) He sends her a text message.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vic arrives, to whom does he talk?
2. Margery becomes increasingly ________________ and at one point tells Spenser that he's a "handsome brute."
3. What does Spenser call Croft?
4. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
5. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)