|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he has a good view of the house.
(b) So that he can be hidden from view.
(c) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
(d) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
2. Margery is on the phone, talking to whom?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) The caterers for the evening's party.
(d) Her husband.
3. How does Margery respond to this?
(a) With surprise.
(d) With anger.
4. How does Spenser respond to Dolly's comment about her mother?
(a) He is sure Kevin has adapted.
(b) Maybe he will adjust in time.
(c) Maybe boys have more trouble with that sort of situation.
(d) Kevin probably ran away because of this.
5. Who is meeting with Vic?
(c) Dr. Croft.
6. How does Spenser respond when Margery asks him to stay?
(a) He does not agree.
(b) He leaves without speaking.
(c) He does not respond.
(d) He agrees.
7. Spenser tells the cop on duty at the drive that he's going to be gone for awhile and to do what?
(a) Call in reinforcements.
(b) Remain close to the house.
(c) Take a break.
(d) Not let Margery leave his sight.
8. Why does Spenser pull his gun?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) In case the killer remains in the house.
(c) He wants to show everyone his gun.
(d) He hears a noise.
9. When Spenser would have helped Roger deal with Vic, what does Roger say?
(a) Yes, please help me.
(b) Kevin can fight his own battles.
(c) Vic's not worth fighting.
(d) Kevin is his son and that he'll handle the situation.
10. The item in the package has no signs of trauma, so what does this mean?
(a) It probably died of natural causes.
(b) It probably was killed.
(c) It probably is not Kevin's.
(d) It probably was sent by Kevin.
11. What has happened outside?
(a) Vic has arrived to kill Margery.
(b) Vaughn has hold of Margery.
(c) Margery has tripped and fallen.
(d) Kevin has returned.
12. Spenser goes to bed himself and is the first one up at what time?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Eleven o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
13. What does Dolly say about the conversation that Margery is reporting?
(a) It never happened.
(b) It is completely fabricated.
(c) It is meaningless.
(d) There is more to it.
14. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
(a) Margery is in a fight with a guest.
(b) Margery is dancing around the room.
(c) Margery is no longer in the kitchen.
(d) Margery is sitting at the kitchen table crying.
15. Describe the fight.
(b) Very confusing.
(c) Long and brutal.
(d) Victorious for Vic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
2. Who does Spenser suggest might be mad at the Bartletts?
3. At the Common, Vic stops, and what does Spenser do?
4. What is done with Kevin?
5. When Susan arrives, Spenser catches her up and she wonders what about Margery?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)