|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
(a) Vic has no police record.
(b) Vic is an escaped convict.
(c) Vic has a record.
(d) Vic is not his real name.
2. What does Trask then do to Spenser?
(a) He places him in a cell.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He pulls a gun on him.
3. When does Margery receive a phone call?
(a) At noon.
(b) At two o'clock.
(c) At one o'clock.
(d) At three o'clock.
4. At the party, how is Margery dressed?
(a) In jeans and a tee shirt.
(b) In a beautiful gown.
(c) In a holiday sweater.
(d) In very tight clothing.
5. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
(a) A young boy.
(c) A young girl.
6. When Spenser goes back to the front and tells Trask what has happened to Croft, how does the police officer appear?
(b) Not particularly surprised.
(d) Very surprised.
7. Just as Spenser is becoming aggravated at having to lay on the bench in the rain, what happens?
(a) Vic is attacked by a man in dark clothing.
(b) A woman approaches Vic and speaks with him.
(c) A tall man approaches Vic and trades a briefcase for an envelope Vic takes from an inside pocket.
(d) Vic leaves with a woman.
8. When Vic arrives, to whom does he talk?
(a) A fat man.
(b) No one.
(c) The manager of the gym.
9. Where does Spenser follow Dolly?
(a) To the mailbox.
(b) To his car.
(c) To the house.
(d) To the barn.
10. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
(a) She did not think he would come to the party.
(b) She wishes he were not married to one of her good friends.
(c) It is a good thing he is married to one of her good friends.
(d) She is very glad he came.
11. Who helps Spenser examine the house?
12. What has Maguire's death been ruled?
(a) A homicide.
(b) A suicide.
(c) A death from natural causes.
(d) An accident.
13. What does Spenser tell Race?
(a) Vic is not who Race thinks he is.
(c) Vic has Kevin and that he's wanted for questioning about a murder.
14. How does Spenser respond to Trask?
(a) He pushes him away.
(b) He calmly tells him to stop yelling.
(c) He fights back but is unable to get out of Trask's grasp.
(d) He calmly tells Trask that he's going to talk to Healy and that he's certain they'll be in touch before walking out of the police station.
15. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
(a) Slows down.
(b) Speeds up.
(c) Turns around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Spenser invite to the party?
2. At four, what does Spenser do?
3. Croft says that he knows about Vic simply by what?
4. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
5. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)