|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Spenser examine the house?
2. What do Spenser and Susan do in the middle of the night?
(a) They eat the meal Susan had prepared.
(b) They sleep.
(c) They talk.
(d) They search for Kevin.
3. What does Spenser find when he returns from shopping?
(a) Margery dead.
(b) Maguire dead.
(c) Roger dead.
(d) The guinea pig dead.
4. What else does Spenser discover?
(a) Body-building magazines, many featuring Vic.
(b) A note from Vic.
(c) A photograph signed by Vic.
(d) A book from Vic.
5. To what does Croft admit?
(a) He has gone to the motel to meet with Vic.
(b) He does visit Vic's girl on occasion.
(c) He has heard that Vic sells youngs girls.
(d) He does recommend Vic's girls on occasion to patients such as Fraser.
6. Who does Spenser suggest might be mad at the Bartletts?
(d) A business situation with Roger.
7. Who is meeting with Vic?
(d) Dr. Croft.
8. Margery is on the phone, talking to whom?
(a) The caterers for the evening's party.
(b) A boyfriend.
(c) Her husband.
9. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
(a) To know why Spenser is looking for Vic.
(b) To know that he will remain anonymous.
(c) To know he will be protected.
(d) To know what Vic did.
10. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
(a) She has also gone to bed.
(b) She is sobering up.
(c) She is very drunk.
(d) She has become depressed.
11. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
12. When Vic arrives, to whom does he talk?
(b) The manager of the gym.
(c) A fat man.
(d) No one.
13. Spenser goes to bed himself and is the first one up at what time?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Eleven o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
14. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
(a) Outside Vic's motel room.
(b) In his car.
(c) On a chair in the lobby.
(d) In a motel room.
15. Why does Margery eventually leave the room?
(a) She has a play to rehearse.
(b) She becomes so upset.
(c) She is being ignored.
(d) She wants to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Spenser goes back to the front and tells Trask what has happened to Croft, how does the police officer appear?
2. When does Margery receive a phone call?
3. What does Spenser call Croft?
4. Spenser goes back in the establishment where he does what?
5. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)