|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spenser respond to Trask?
(a) He calmly tells Trask that he's going to talk to Healy and that he's certain they'll be in touch before walking out of the police station.
(b) He pushes him away.
(c) He calmly tells him to stop yelling.
(d) He fights back but is unable to get out of Trask's grasp.
2. What else does Race say about Vic?
(a) He is "mean and nasty."
(b) He is "gay and proud."
(c) He is "one crazy man."
(d) He is "a fag who doesn't like fags."
3. Spenser wakes just after ten the next morning and goes where?
(a) To the high school.
(b) To the Bartlett home.
(c) To see Susan.
(d) Harber Health Club.
4. Spenser goes back in the establishment where he does what?
(a) Sits in the sauna.
(b) Tells Race what has happened.
(c) Has cognac and warms up.
(d) Goes to a phone and calls the police.
5. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
(a) Slows down.
(b) Speeds up.
(c) Turns around.
6. Spenser tells the cop on duty at the drive that he's going to be gone for awhile and to do what?
(a) Call in reinforcements.
(b) Not let Margery leave his sight.
(c) Remain close to the house.
(d) Take a break.
7. Describe the fight.
(a) Long and brutal.
(c) Victorious for Vic.
(d) Very confusing.
8. To what does Croft admit?
(a) He has gone to the motel to meet with Vic.
(b) He does recommend Vic's girls on occasion to patients such as Fraser.
(c) He does visit Vic's girl on occasion.
(d) He has heard that Vic sells youngs girls.
9. Spenser then heads for the Smithfield Police Station where he plans to do what?
(a) Speak to Trask.
(b) Place Vic in custody.
(c) Pick up Croft.
(d) Visit with Healy.
10. The only person Margery can think of who actually hates them is who?
11. Why is there no recording of the call?
(a) The police had already removed the recording device from the phones.
(b) The phone is broken.
(c) The call never took place.
(d) The caller did not leave a message.
12. According to Henry, how does Vic get fired from a health club?
(a) For being rude.
(b) For fooling around.
(c) For not being reliable.
(d) For lying about his trainer's certification.
13. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he can be hidden from view.
(b) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
(c) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
(d) So that he has a good view of the house.
14. Just as Spenser is becoming aggravated at having to lay on the bench in the rain, what happens?
(a) A woman approaches Vic and speaks with him.
(b) Vic leaves with a woman.
(c) A tall man approaches Vic and trades a briefcase for an envelope Vic takes from an inside pocket.
(d) Vic is attacked by a man in dark clothing.
15. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
(a) She is very drunk.
(b) She has become depressed.
(c) She has also gone to bed.
(d) She is sobering up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
2. Who helps Spenser examine the house?
3. They go up to Kevin's secret room, and Spenser discovers what?
4. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
5. What does Trask then do to Spenser?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)