|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
(a) She is sobering up.
(b) She is very drunk.
(c) She has also gone to bed.
(d) She has become depressed.
2. What has happened to Croft?
(a) He has escaped.
(b) He has been hanged with his own tie.
(c) He has been removed and place in a higher security prison.
(d) He has been tortured.
3. How does Spenser respond when Margery asks him to stay?
(a) He leaves without speaking.
(b) He does not respond.
(c) He does not agree.
(d) He agrees.
4. When does Margery receive a phone call?
(a) At three o'clock.
(b) At one o'clock.
(c) At two o'clock.
(d) At noon.
5. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
(a) Yes, early the next day.
(b) Yes, later in the night.
(d) Yes, soon after they leave.
6. Roger tells Spenser that the entire situation sounds like what?
(c) A joke.
(d) A lie.
7. Croft eventually says that Vic stays where sometimes?
(a) In Smithfield.
(b) In Boston.
(c) In Baltimore.
(d) In Bay Ridge.
8. Spenser says this package suggests that Kevin is what?
(a) Still alive.
(c) In pain.
9. What does Spenser tell Race?
(a) Vic is not who Race thinks he is.
(d) Vic has Kevin and that he's wanted for questioning about a murder.
10. Margery has called Spenser nine times. What does he do?
(a) He sends her a text message.
(b) He leaves her a note on her door.
(c) He calls her back.
(d) He ignores the messages.
11. Spenser goes to bed himself and is the first one up at what time?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) Eleven o'clock.
12. What is Vaughn's response to Spenser's questioning regarding Margery?
(a) She ran away when she saw Vic coming towards her.
(b) She had become drunk and tripped over his foot.
(c) She fainted from the shock of seeing Kevin.
(d) She had teased him into thinking they were going outside to be alone but then changed her mind.
13. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he has a good view of the house.
(b) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
(c) So that he can be hidden from view.
(d) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
14. How does Margery respond to this?
(a) With surprise.
(c) With anger.
15. What does Spenser learn from the Boston Police Department?
(a) Vic has a record.
(b) Vic is an escaped convict.
(c) Vic is not his real name.
(d) Vic has no police record.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Race say about Vic?
2. When Vaughn arrives, for what does he ask?
3. What is done with Kevin?
4. What does Dolly say about the conversation that Margery is reporting?
5. Whose life is threatened, other than Kevin's?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)