|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spenser find when he returns from shopping?
(a) Roger dead.
(b) The guinea pig dead.
(c) Margery dead.
(d) Maguire dead.
2. Vic's house is quiet and even the generator isn't running. Spenser watches the house until one twenty-two, when Kevin and Vic emerge, get into Vic's car, and leave. Spenser remains at his position throughout the day and into the night. Do Vic and Kevin return?
(a) Yes, later in the night.
(c) Yes, soon after they leave.
(d) Yes, early the next day.
3. How does Spenser respond when Margery asks him to stay?
(a) He does not agree.
(b) He does not respond.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He leaves without speaking.
4. When Vic arrives, to whom does he talk?
(b) A fat man.
(c) No one.
(d) The manager of the gym.
5. When does Margery receive a phone call?
(a) At one o'clock.
(b) At three o'clock.
(c) At noon.
(d) At two o'clock.
6. Just as he begins to search, he hears who scream from outside?
7. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
(a) To know why Spenser is looking for Vic.
(b) To know what Vic did.
(c) To know he will be protected.
(d) To know that he will remain anonymous.
8. Spenser receives a phone call from whom?
(a) The state police.
9. At two-thirty am, Roger is in bed and what has happened to Margery?
(a) She is sobering up.
(b) She is very drunk.
(c) She has also gone to bed.
(d) She has become depressed.
10. Why was Maguire at the house?
(a) To guard the house.
(b) To prepare the bar for the party.
(c) He is Margery's boyfriend.
(d) To discuss legal matters with Margery.
11. As Spenser hangs up, he looks around and discovers what?
(a) Margery is no longer in the kitchen.
(b) Margery is dancing around the room.
(c) Margery is in a fight with a guest.
(d) Margery is sitting at the kitchen table crying.
12. Spenser tells the cop on duty at the drive that he's going to be gone for awhile and to do what?
(a) Take a break.
(b) Remain close to the house.
(c) Call in reinforcements.
(d) Not let Margery leave his sight.
13. What else does Race say about Vic?
(a) He is "mean and nasty."
(b) He is "one crazy man."
(c) He is "a fag who doesn't like fags."
(d) He is "gay and proud."
14. When Vaughn arrives, for what does he ask?
(a) Mr. Victor's room.
(b) Ms. Margery's room.
(c) Vic's room.
(d) A room.
15. Late for dinner, Spenser stops for a bottle of ___________ and makes it to Susan's by ten thirty.
(a) Pinot Grigio.
(b) Dom Perignon.
(c) Pinot Noir.
(d) Cabernet Savignon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Spenser examine the house?
2. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
3. Who does Spenser invite to the party?
4. Croft says that he knows about Vic simply by what?
5. Why does Spenser pull his gun?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)