|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Spenser examine the house?
2. Where does Spenser follow Dolly?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To the mailbox.
(c) To the house.
(d) To his car.
3. What is Vaughn's response to Spenser's questioning regarding Margery?
(a) She had become drunk and tripped over his foot.
(b) She had teased him into thinking they were going outside to be alone but then changed her mind.
(c) She fainted from the shock of seeing Kevin.
(d) She ran away when she saw Vic coming towards her.
4. Spenser drives about a hundred yards past Vic's road and does what?
(a) Slows down.
(c) Speeds up.
(d) Turns around.
5. Croft says that he knows about Vic simply by what?
(a) His friendship with Kevin.
(b) Having attended the same school.
(c) His photographs.
6. Why does Spenser cut across the woods, arriving at the crest of a hill?
(a) So that he can have an escape if it is needed.
(b) So that he can be hidden from view.
(c) So that he has a good view of the house.
(d) So that he can have a good view of the neighborhood.
7. What has Maguire's death been ruled?
(a) A suicide.
(b) A homicide.
(c) A death from natural causes.
(d) An accident.
8. Where does Spenser sit while he plans his next move?
(a) In his car.
(b) In a motel room.
(c) Outside Vic's motel room.
(d) On a chair in the lobby.
9. Dolly has become accustomed to the situation. Is she certain Kevin ever has?
(b) Very certain.
(d) Fairly certain.
10. What does Spenser call Croft?
(a) John Doe.
(b) Vic's man.
(d) Mr. Croft.
11. Who is with Vic in his car at the motel?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A young girl.
12. How does Margery respond to this?
(c) With surprise.
(d) With anger.
13. What does Margery tell a man named Vaughn?
(a) She is very glad he came.
(b) She wishes he were not married to one of her good friends.
(c) It is a good thing he is married to one of her good friends.
(d) She did not think he would come to the party.
14. When Vic arrives, to whom does he talk?
(a) A fat man.
(b) The manager of the gym.
(c) No one.
15. Why does Spenser pull his gun?
(a) In case the killer remains in the house.
(b) He wants to show everyone his gun.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He hears a noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly say is common knowledge about her mother?
2. Race says that he might have information but demands what?
3. To what does Croft admit?
4. Who does Spenser suggest might be mad at the Bartletts?
5. What are Vic and Kevin doing when they return?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)