|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Roger believes Kevin ran away?
(a) He is in an adolescent phase.
(b) He is afraid of his mother.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He hates his parents.
2. Healy shows Spenser two sheets of paper, each inside a transparent cover. The first is what?
(a) A letter created by cutting out various fonts from magazine article titles.
(b) A blank sheet of paper.
(c) A photograph of Kevin.
(d) A hand-drawn comic strip featuring a voluptuous woman dressed in a mini-skirt and seated at a bar.
3. How does this man react when Spenser presses him for information?
(a) He becomes defensive.
(b) He becomes irritated.
(c) He becomes nervous.
(d) He becomes scared.
4. On the morning of the pickup, Spenser watches as Margery does what?
(a) Walks to the woods.
(b) Cries in her room.
(c) Gets out of the car and stands on the corner.
(d) Hides in her house.
5. Describe the road to Vic's home.
(a) It is neatly trimmed.
(b) It is winding.
(c) It is overgrown.
(d) It is long.
6. When Spenser tells Vic he is looking for Kevin, what do Vic and the young girl do?
(a) They admit to knowing Kevin.
(b) They take Spenser to Kevin.
(c) They deny knowing Kevin.
(d) They stay silent.
7. How does Spenser introduce himself?
(a) As Nathan Chatham.
(b) As Norman Chuck.
(c) As Nick Charles.
(d) As Niles Chiggington.
8. Why do the police and Spenser know that a better way to have handled it would have been to call with instructions at the last minute?
(a) So they would have the money faster.
(b) It would have set the family in a panick.
(c) So that police won't have time to set up a stakeout.
(d) So nothing could be done about Kevin.
9. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
10. What does Spenser quickly learn about horses?
(a) They are not overly intelligent.
(b) They are very dangerous.
(c) They are very intelligent.
(d) They are lazy.
11. Who is the overweight cop at the table?
(a) Chief Smith.
(b) Chief Johnson.
(c) Chief Healy.
(d) Chief Trask.
12. Describe Kevin's room.
(a) A typical teenager's room.
(b) Very dirty.
(c) Obsessively neat.
(d) Fairly organized.
13. At whom does Roger yell after being finished with yelling at Spenser?
(b) Healy and Trask.
14. With whom does Spenser believe Kevin hangs out?
(a) Vincent Harold.
(b) Virginia Huck.
(c) Violet Hennings.
(d) Vic Harroway.
15. Of what is there a lot around the house?
(a) Trash cans.
(b) Junk piled up.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked if Kevin had ever run away before, what does Margery say?
2. Who says the man in the woods lost sight of the vehicle's driver?
3. To whom does Spenser attribute this hiding man?
4. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
5. When Susan arrives, he realizes that the name "Silverman" means what?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)