|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
(a) All twelve.
(b) All six.
(c) All ten.
(d) All eight.
2. How many options are there as to where the kidnappers might have come out of the woods?
(a) A few.
(d) Only a couple.
3. What does Spenser not have regarding this case?
(a) The time to find Kevin.
(b) The tools needed to find Kevin.
(c) Any clues that will lead him to Kevin.
(d) The desire to find Kevin.
4. Where does the driver of this vehicle head?
(a) Into a field.
(b) Down the road.
(c) Into a nearby parking lot.
(d) Up the stable drive.
5. At whom does Roger yell after being finished with yelling at Spenser?
(c) Healy and Trask.
6. What is in the carport producing a steady whine?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A car.
(c) A generator.
(d) A van.
7. Why does he make this comparison?
(a) You have to knock people down to win.
(b) You have to step on some toes to be victorious.
(c) You keep returning the ball until someone makes a mistake.
(d) You have to try many maneuvers until you get the right one.
8. Healy and Spenser arrive at the stable and meet who?
(a) The owner.
(b) A rider.
(c) An instructor.
(d) The manager.
9. Without talking again to the Bartletts, what does Spenser do?
(a) He sits on the porch step.
(b) He makes a phone call.
(c) He talks to the neighbors about the Bartletts.
(d) He gets in his convertible and drives back to Boston.
10. What is the impression Susan has about Vic?
(a) There is something interesting about him.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) He is in love with Kevin.
(d) There is something strange about him.
11. Who is mowing at the far side of the lawn?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A young girl.
(c) Mrs. Bartlett.
(d) Mr. Bartlett.
12. Who says the man in the woods lost sight of the vehicle's driver?
13. By what is Spenser momentarily distracted?
(a) A bright red corvette.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A motorcycle with a small front wheel and sissy bar.
(d) A large white van.
14. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
(a) The Burtons.
(b) The Bartons.
(c) The Baileys.
(d) The Bartletts.
15. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
(a) Vic jumps from the porch and Spenser pulls his gun.
(b) Vic backs off.
(c) Vic runs for the woods and Spenser shoots at him.
(d) Vic runs into the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning of the pickup, Spenser watches as Margery does what?
2. How does the man introduce himself?
3. Describe Kevin's room.
4. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
5. What does the driver do after passing Spenser?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)