|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trask says that they can set up a stakeout to catch the kidnappers. What does Spenser suggest?
(a) They not catch them, but follow them to find Kevin.
(b) They give up completely.
(c) They set up a stakeout.
(d) They search for Kevin now.
2. Who is Margery's physician?
(a) Dr. Reynold Craft.
(b) Dr. Ron Corcorran.
(c) Dr. Roy Clayton.
(d) Dr. Ray Croft.
3. What does Dr. Croft give Margery?
(a) A pill.
(b) A shot.
(c) A prescription to have filled.
(d) A drink.
4. Spenser says he will not assess their parenting skills, but needs what?
(a) He is glad they are not his parents.
(b) Information in order to find their son.
(c) To tell them they are horrible parents.
(d) To leave.
5. What is the Labrador's name?
6. Why does Spenser have a sandwich?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is bored.
(c) So he can observe from a bale of hay without seeming out of place.
(d) So he can share some with Margery.
7. Who is the overweight cop at the table?
(a) Chief Johnson.
(b) Chief Healy.
(c) Chief Smith.
(d) Chief Trask.
8. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
(a) Vic backs off.
(b) Vic runs into the house.
(c) Vic jumps from the porch and Spenser pulls his gun.
(d) Vic runs for the woods and Spenser shoots at him.
9. By the time Spenser and Roger return to the kitchen, Margery is well on her way to doing what?
(a) Losing her mind.
(b) Putting the groceries away.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) Preparing dinner.
10. Margery turns to Spenser who says that Kevin might not survive at all but that the odds are slightly higher with what?
(a) Spenser's intervention.
(c) Police intervention.
11. What is on the side of the Bartletts' blue Dodge Club van?
(a) Bartlett Realty.
(b) Bartlett Construction.
(c) A big scratch.
(d) A new paint job.
12. When Roger learns of this spoof, how does he react?
(d) Mad, scared, and mournful.
13. What does Susan Silverman say about Kevin's identity role?
(a) It is perfectly normal.
(b) It is somewhat unusual.
(c) It is very healthy.
(d) It is screwed up.
14. Describe the road to Vic's home.
(a) It is neatly trimmed.
(b) It is winding.
(c) It is long.
(d) It is overgrown.
15. What is behind a school in Old Smithfield?
(a) A hearse.
(b) A corvette.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A van.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Roger believes Kevin ran away?
2. When Spenser says that he wants to "rent a high-spirited palomino stallion with a hand-tooled Spanish leather saddle and silver-studded bridle", Healy does what?
3. Spenser knows there is a man in the woods behind him. Can he see any sign of him?
4. With what does Spenser begin the following day?
5. Who is the girl who was mowing the lawn?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)