|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
(a) To the treehouse.
(b) To the pool.
(c) To the swingset.
(d) To the car.
2. What is in the carport producing a steady whine?
(a) A van.
(b) A generator.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A car.
3. What does Susan Silverman say about Kevin's identity role?
(a) It is very healthy.
(b) It is screwed up.
(c) It is somewhat unusual.
(d) It is perfectly normal.
4. How many options are there as to where the kidnappers might have come out of the woods?
(c) Only a couple.
(d) A few.
5. When Susan arrives, he realizes that the name "Silverman" means what?
(a) She has changed her name.
(b) She is probably Jewish.
(c) She is a silversmith.
(d) She likes silver.
6. Where does the driver of this vehicle head?
(a) Down the road.
(b) Into a field.
(c) Up the stable drive.
(d) Into a nearby parking lot.
7. Why does Roger not agree to getting Kevin psychiatric counseling?
(a) It is too time consuming.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) Roger does not trust psychiatrists.
(d) He does not need it.
8. What does the driver of this vehicle do?
(a) He drives slowly past Margery.
(b) He slows and grabs the backpack from Margery.
(c) He grabs Margery and the backpack.
(d) He drives by quickly.
9. Trask is notified by radio that what has happened?
(a) Mrs. Bartlett has been taken hostage.
(b) Kevin has been killed.
(c) The Bartletts have been told where to pick up Kevin.
(d) Kevin has been returned home.
10. Why can Spenser not take off his white linen sport coat?
(a) The gun at his waist would be very conspicuous in Smithfield.
(b) He is only wearing a tee shirt underneath his coat.
(c) It is too cold outside to go without a coat.
(d) He is sweating too much.
11. What does Healy tell Spenser they have to do?
12. What is the Labrador's name?
13. What does Spenser tell Susan?
(a) She was wrong about her assessment.
(b) She was right in her assessment.
(c) He is a little scared of Vic.
(d) He does not want to talk to Vic.
14. What is the phone call?
(a) A serious call from the kidnappers.
(b) A telemarketer.
(c) An elaborate spoof.
(d) A prank call by a group of teenagers.
15. Spenser joins who several blocks away?
(a) Trask and Healy.
(b) The Bartletts.
(d) The kidnapper.
Short Answer Questions
1. He goes home and calls Susan, inviting her to what?
2. Describe Kevin's room.
3. When Healy lifts the lid of the box, what does he find?
4. Where is Margery to have the money in a book bag?
5. Margery turns to Spenser who says that Kevin might not survive at all but that the odds are slightly higher with what?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)