|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is Spenser momentarily distracted?
(a) A bright red corvette.
(b) A motorcycle with a small front wheel and sissy bar.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A large white van.
2. How does this man react when Spenser presses him for information?
(a) He becomes nervous.
(b) He becomes defensive.
(c) He becomes irritated.
(d) He becomes scared.
3. Why does Roger not agree to getting Kevin psychiatric counseling?
(a) It is too time consuming.
(b) He does not need it.
(c) Roger does not trust psychiatrists.
(d) It is too expensive.
4. How does Spenser introduce himself?
(a) As Niles Chiggington.
(b) As Nathan Chatham.
(c) As Norman Chuck.
(d) As Nick Charles.
5. What is the one thing that Kevin took from home?
(a) A guinea pig.
(b) His lucky penny.
(d) A photograph.
6. When asked if Kevin had ever run away before, what does Margery say?
7. By what does Spenser say kidnappings are usually motivated?
8. What does Spenser tell Susan?
(a) He does not want to talk to Vic.
(b) He is a little scared of Vic.
(c) She was right in her assessment.
(d) She was wrong about her assessment.
9. What is the phone call?
(a) A serious call from the kidnappers.
(b) A prank call by a group of teenagers.
(c) A telemarketer.
(d) An elaborate spoof.
10. Why do the police and Spenser know that a better way to have handled it would have been to call with instructions at the last minute?
(a) So nothing could be done about Kevin.
(b) It would have set the family in a panick.
(c) So they would have the money faster.
(d) So that police won't have time to set up a stakeout.
11. When Spenser tells Vic he is looking for Kevin, what do Vic and the young girl do?
(a) They admit to knowing Kevin.
(b) They deny knowing Kevin.
(c) They take Spenser to Kevin.
(d) They stay silent.
12. What does Spenser not have regarding this case?
(a) The desire to find Kevin.
(b) The time to find Kevin.
(c) Any clues that will lead him to Kevin.
(d) The tools needed to find Kevin.
13. What does Spenser learn that the Bartletts have received?
(a) A phone call from Kevin.
(b) A threatening phone call from an anonymous caller.
(c) A ransom note by mail.
(d) A helpful tip by a neighbor.
14. What does Healy tell Spenser they have to do?
15. How much money does Roger say that Margery spends on clothing?
(a) A little too much.
(b) Enough to pay for counseling for twenty years.
(c) Not enough.
(d) The right amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the impression Susan has about Vic?
2. What is the reason Roger believes Kevin ran away?
3. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
4. Spenser makes the final decision to do what?
5. How many options are there as to where the kidnappers might have come out of the woods?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)