|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roger learns of this spoof, how does he react?
(d) Mad, scared, and mournful.
2. Spenser makes the final decision to do what?
(a) Stake out the pickup site.
(b) Follow the kidnappers.
(c) Stake out the forest.
(d) Stake out the school.
3. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
(a) She runs to the neighbor's house.
(b) She detours to the front.
(c) She goes over to him and introduces herself.
(d) She glares at him and walks in the opposite direction.
4. Why does Spenser have a sandwich?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) So he can share some with Margery.
(c) So he can observe from a bale of hay without seeming out of place.
(d) He is bored.
5. Why does he make this comparison?
(a) You keep returning the ball until someone makes a mistake.
(b) You have to knock people down to win.
(c) You have to step on some toes to be victorious.
(d) You have to try many maneuvers until you get the right one.
6. What is the reason Roger believes Kevin ran away?
(a) He hates his parents.
(b) He is in an adolescent phase.
(c) He is afraid of his mother.
(d) He is bored.
7. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) The next few days.
(d) The next few hours.
8. What is the phone call?
(a) A telemarketer.
(b) A serious call from the kidnappers.
(c) An elaborate spoof.
(d) A prank call by a group of teenagers.
9. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
(a) The Bartletts.
(b) The Bartons.
(c) The Baileys.
(d) The Burtons.
10. What does Healy tell Spenser they have to do?
11. Healy shows Spenser two sheets of paper, each inside a transparent cover. The first is what?
(a) A hand-drawn comic strip featuring a voluptuous woman dressed in a mini-skirt and seated at a bar.
(b) A blank sheet of paper.
(c) A photograph of Kevin.
(d) A letter created by cutting out various fonts from magazine article titles.
12. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
(a) Vic jumps from the porch and Spenser pulls his gun.
(b) Vic runs into the house.
(c) Vic backs off.
(d) Vic runs for the woods and Spenser shoots at him.
13. What does Spenser then say about this case?
(a) It cannot be solved.
(b) It is just like any other kidnapping case.
(c) It is his first kidnapping case.
(d) There is something strange about it.
14. When Spenser asks if anyone was home when Kevin got the guinea pig, how does Margery react?
15. Spenser says he will not assess their parenting skills, but needs what?
(a) Information in order to find their son.
(b) To tell them they are horrible parents.
(c) To leave.
(d) He is glad they are not his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roger not agree to getting Kevin psychiatric counseling?
2. What is the ransom amount?
3. By what does Spenser say kidnappings are usually motivated?
4. Of what will Margery not approve?
5. Who spends a lot of time watching television?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)