|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She calls the following morning and says what?
(a) She received a phone call from Vic.
(b) She has heard from Kevin.
(c) She has learned the location of Vic's "commune."
(d) She has seen Vic.
2. With whom is Healy an investigator?
(a) The Smithfield Police Department.
(b) The Essex County District Attorney's office.
(c) The Boston Police Department.
(d) The Suffolk County District Attorney's office.
3. Margery continues to cry and Maguire suggests that they do what to calm her down?
(a) Sing her a song.
(b) Put her to bed.
(c) Tell her to breathe deeply.
(d) Call her doctor to prescribe something.
4. How does Spenser introduce himself?
(a) As Norman Chuck.
(b) As Nick Charles.
(c) As Nathan Chatham.
(d) As Niles Chiggington.
5. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
(a) All six.
(b) All twelve.
(c) All eight.
(d) All ten.
6. To whom does Spenser attribute this hiding man?
(a) Healy's overseeing of the set up.
(b) Roger's overseeing of the set up.
(c) Trask's overseeing of the set up.
(d) His overseeing of the set up.
7. Healy and Spenser arrive at the stable and meet who?
(a) An instructor.
(b) The manager.
(c) The owner.
(d) A rider.
8. Why does Spenser head back to the Bartlett home?
(a) To see what he can find out about Kevin's school work.
(b) To see what he can find out about Kevin's interests.
(c) To see what he can find out about Kevin's after-school activities.
(d) To see what he can find out about Kevin's friends.
9. Who is the girl who was mowing the lawn?
10. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
11. Who is Margery's physician?
(a) Dr. Ron Corcorran.
(b) Dr. Ray Croft.
(c) Dr. Roy Clayton.
(d) Dr. Reynold Craft.
12. What is in the carport producing a steady whine?
(a) A car.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A van.
(d) A generator.
13. By what does Spenser say kidnappings are usually motivated?
14. What does Spenser not have regarding this case?
(a) Any clues that will lead him to Kevin.
(b) The desire to find Kevin.
(c) The time to find Kevin.
(d) The tools needed to find Kevin.
15. When asked if Kevin had ever run away before, what does Margery say?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mowing at the far side of the lawn?
2. What does Spenser learn about Vic Harroway?
3. Who spends a lot of time watching television?
4. Why do the police and Spenser know that a better way to have handled it would have been to call with instructions at the last minute?
5. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)