|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time Spenser and Roger return to the kitchen, Margery is well on her way to doing what?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Putting the groceries away.
(c) Preparing dinner.
(d) Losing her mind.
2. Who is the girl who was mowing the lawn?
3. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
4. In a fit of temper, what does Spenser do?
(a) He punches a wall.
(b) He yells at the driver.
(c) He breaks his rake handle in two.
(d) He chases after the vehicle.
5. Describe the road to Vic's home.
(a) It is neatly trimmed.
(b) It is long.
(c) It is winding.
(d) It is overgrown.
6. What is the reason Roger believes Kevin ran away?
(a) He is afraid of his mother.
(b) He hates his parents.
(c) He is in an adolescent phase.
(d) He is bored.
7. What does Spenser learn that the Bartletts have received?
(a) A ransom note by mail.
(b) A helpful tip by a neighbor.
(c) A phone call from Kevin.
(d) A threatening phone call from an anonymous caller.
8. Where does the driver of this vehicle head?
(a) Into a field.
(b) Into a nearby parking lot.
(c) Down the road.
(d) Up the stable drive.
9. Does Spenser think Kevin is still nearby?
(c) Probably not.
10. To what does Spenser compare private investigating?
11. Healy shows Spenser two sheets of paper, each inside a transparent cover. The first is what?
(a) A blank sheet of paper.
(b) A hand-drawn comic strip featuring a voluptuous woman dressed in a mini-skirt and seated at a bar.
(c) A letter created by cutting out various fonts from magazine article titles.
(d) A photograph of Kevin.
12. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
(a) Mr. White, the Principal.
(b) Mr. Moriarty, the Assistant Principal.
(c) Mr. Thompson, the head of the faculty.
(d) Mr. Poyser, the Dean of Students.
13. Trask says that they can set up a stakeout to catch the kidnappers. What does Spenser suggest?
(a) They set up a stakeout.
(b) They give up completely.
(c) They search for Kevin now.
(d) They not catch them, but follow them to find Kevin.
14. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) The next few days.
(d) The next few hours.
15. What is the impression Susan has about Vic?
(a) There is something strange about him.
(b) There is something interesting about him.
(c) He is in love with Kevin.
(d) He is a kind man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is there any way for the police to track the driver of the vehicle?
2. Margery turns to Spenser who says that Kevin might not survive at all but that the odds are slightly higher with what?
3. What does Spenser not have regarding this case?
4. Margery continues to cry and Maguire suggests that they do what to calm her down?
5. What is Vic?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)