|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spenser have a sandwich?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is bored.
(c) So he can observe from a bale of hay without seeming out of place.
(d) So he can share some with Margery.
2. Spenser says he will not assess their parenting skills, but needs what?
(a) To leave.
(b) Information in order to find their son.
(c) To tell them they are horrible parents.
(d) He is glad they are not his parents.
3. When he arrives, Trask's car is there, along with what?
(a) A Smithfield Police car.
(b) A Massachusetts State Police car.
(c) A Suffolk County Police car.
(d) A renta-cop car.
4. To whom does Spenser attribute this hiding man?
(a) Trask's overseeing of the set up.
(b) Roger's overseeing of the set up.
(c) Healy's overseeing of the set up.
(d) His overseeing of the set up.
5. What is the one thing that Kevin took from home?
(a) His lucky penny.
(b) A guinea pig.
(c) A photograph.
6. He goes home and calls Susan, inviting her to what?
(a) A ball game.
(d) A movie.
7. How does Spenser introduce himself?
(a) As Norman Chuck.
(b) As Niles Chiggington.
(c) As Nick Charles.
(d) As Nathan Chatham.
8. In a fit of temper, what does Spenser do?
(a) He breaks his rake handle in two.
(b) He yells at the driver.
(c) He chases after the vehicle.
(d) He punches a wall.
9. Is there any way for the police to track the driver of the vehicle?
10. Describe Kevin's room.
(a) A typical teenager's room.
(b) Fairly organized.
(c) Obsessively neat.
(d) Very dirty.
11. Why does the police chief not trust Spenser?
(a) He knows Spenser was fired from the AG's office.
(b) He knows nothing about Spenser.
(c) He used to work with him.
(d) They grew up together.
12. Does Kevin seem like the kind of kid who would take his pet without taking something to carry the animal in and something to feed it?
13. Trask says that they can set up a stakeout to catch the kidnappers. What does Spenser suggest?
(a) They search for Kevin now.
(b) They not catch them, but follow them to find Kevin.
(c) They set up a stakeout.
(d) They give up completely.
14. Spenser makes the final decision to do what?
(a) Follow the kidnappers.
(b) Stake out the pickup site.
(c) Stake out the forest.
(d) Stake out the school.
15. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
(a) One week.
(b) The next few hours.
(c) One day.
(d) The next few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the impression Susan has about Vic?
2. Of what is there a lot around the house?
3. Without talking again to the Bartletts, what does Spenser do?
4. By what is Spenser momentarily distracted?
5. Describe the road to Vic's home.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)