|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trask is notified by radio that what has happened?
(a) Kevin has been returned home.
(b) Kevin has been killed.
(c) The Bartletts have been told where to pick up Kevin.
(d) Mrs. Bartlett has been taken hostage.
2. Why can Spenser not take off his white linen sport coat?
(a) He is sweating too much.
(b) The gun at his waist would be very conspicuous in Smithfield.
(c) It is too cold outside to go without a coat.
(d) He is only wearing a tee shirt underneath his coat.
3. What is Vic?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A football player.
(c) A bodybuilder.
(d) A pro wrestler.
4. When Healy lifts the lid of the box, what does he find?
(b) A guinea pig.
(d) A dummy.
5. With what does Spenser begin the following day?
(a) A forty-minute jog along the Charles.
(b) A forty-minute pilates class.
(c) A forty-minute shower.
(d) A forty-minute swim in the Charles.
6. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
7. Spenser makes the final decision to do what?
(a) Stake out the school.
(b) Stake out the pickup site.
(c) Stake out the forest.
(d) Follow the kidnappers.
8. What does Spenser learn about Vic Harroway?
(a) He is about thirty.
(b) He is about forty.
(c) He is about fifty.
(d) He is about twenty.
9. What does Spenser tell Susan?
(a) He does not want to talk to Vic.
(b) She was wrong about her assessment.
(c) He is a little scared of Vic.
(d) She was right in her assessment.
10. How is Spenser unlike the police?
(a) He can devote all his time looking for Kevin.
(b) He has better things to do.
(c) He does not care about Kevin.
(d) He has no training.
11. What does Susan Silverman say about Kevin's identity role?
(a) It is somewhat unusual.
(b) It is perfectly normal.
(c) It is screwed up.
(d) It is very healthy.
12. When he arrives, Trask's car is there, along with what?
(a) A renta-cop car.
(b) A Smithfield Police car.
(c) A Massachusetts State Police car.
(d) A Suffolk County Police car.
13. Healy shows Spenser two sheets of paper, each inside a transparent cover. The first is what?
(a) A hand-drawn comic strip featuring a voluptuous woman dressed in a mini-skirt and seated at a bar.
(b) A photograph of Kevin.
(c) A blank sheet of paper.
(d) A letter created by cutting out various fonts from magazine article titles.
14. With whom is Healy an investigator?
(a) The Boston Police Department.
(b) The Suffolk County District Attorney's office.
(c) The Essex County District Attorney's office.
(d) The Smithfield Police Department.
15. What is behind a school in Old Smithfield?
(a) A hearse.
(b) A van.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A corvette.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roger learns of this spoof, how does he react?
2. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
3. Is there any way for the police to track the driver of the vehicle?
4. How many options are there as to where the kidnappers might have come out of the woods?
5. What does the Bartletts' house look like?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)