|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
(a) Vic runs into the house.
(b) Vic backs off.
(c) Vic runs for the woods and Spenser shoots at him.
(d) Vic jumps from the porch and Spenser pulls his gun.
2. Margery continues to cry and Maguire suggests that they do what to calm her down?
(a) Sing her a song.
(b) Put her to bed.
(c) Tell her to breathe deeply.
(d) Call her doctor to prescribe something.
3. What is the phone call?
(a) A prank call by a group of teenagers.
(b) A telemarketer.
(c) An elaborate spoof.
(d) A serious call from the kidnappers.
4. What has Roger already made arrangements to do?
(a) Search for Kevin himself.
(b) Put half the money in the bag.
(c) Put the business up for collateral.
(d) Give up on Kevin.
5. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
(a) Mr. Moriarty, the Assistant Principal.
(b) Mr. Poyser, the Dean of Students.
(c) Mr. White, the Principal.
(d) Mr. Thompson, the head of the faculty.
6. What is the reason Roger believes Kevin ran away?
(a) He is in an adolescent phase.
(b) He is afraid of his mother.
(c) He hates his parents.
(d) He is bored.
7. Trask says that they can set up a stakeout to catch the kidnappers. What does Spenser suggest?
(a) They give up completely.
(b) They set up a stakeout.
(c) They search for Kevin now.
(d) They not catch them, but follow them to find Kevin.
8. Who spends a lot of time watching television?
9. Of what is there a lot around the house?
(b) Junk piled up.
(d) Trash cans.
10. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
11. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
(a) She goes over to him and introduces herself.
(b) She detours to the front.
(c) She runs to the neighbor's house.
(d) She glares at him and walks in the opposite direction.
12. What does Healy tell Spenser they have to do?
13. What is the Labrador's name?
14. Who on the steps yells for Vic?
(b) A girl.
(c) A boy.
(d) An old woman.
15. Without talking again to the Bartletts, what does Spenser do?
(a) He makes a phone call.
(b) He sits on the porch step.
(c) He talks to the neighbors about the Bartletts.
(d) He gets in his convertible and drives back to Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spenser then say about this case?
2. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
3. Spenser makes the final decision to do what?
4. How much money does Roger say that Margery spends on clothing?
5. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)