|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
2. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
(a) Mr. Poyser, the Dean of Students.
(b) Mr. Moriarty, the Assistant Principal.
(c) Mr. Thompson, the head of the faculty.
(d) Mr. White, the Principal.
3. Who is the overweight cop at the table?
(a) Chief Smith.
(b) Chief Johnson.
(c) Chief Healy.
(d) Chief Trask.
4. With whom does Spenser believe Kevin hangs out?
(a) Virginia Huck.
(b) Vic Harroway.
(c) Violet Hennings.
(d) Vincent Harold.
5. Why does he make this comparison?
(a) You have to try many maneuvers until you get the right one.
(b) You have to knock people down to win.
(c) You have to step on some toes to be victorious.
(d) You keep returning the ball until someone makes a mistake.
6. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
(a) She glares at him and walks in the opposite direction.
(b) She detours to the front.
(c) She runs to the neighbor's house.
(d) She goes over to him and introduces herself.
7. What does Spenser learn that the Bartletts have received?
(a) A helpful tip by a neighbor.
(b) A phone call from Kevin.
(c) A threatening phone call from an anonymous caller.
(d) A ransom note by mail.
8. What does the Bartletts' house look like?
(a) Yellow with green shutters and a tiled roof.
(b) Yellow with green shutters and a slate roof.
(c) Green with yellow shutters and a slate roof.
(d) Green with yellow shutters and a tiled roof.
9. By what is Spenser momentarily distracted?
(a) A motorcycle with a small front wheel and sissy bar.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A bright red corvette.
(d) A large white van.
10. What is the impression Susan has about Vic?
(a) There is something interesting about him.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) There is something strange about him.
(d) He is in love with Kevin.
11. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
12. At whom does Roger yell after being finished with yelling at Spenser?
(d) Healy and Trask.
13. When he arrives, Trask's car is there, along with what?
(a) A Massachusetts State Police car.
(b) A Suffolk County Police car.
(c) A Smithfield Police car.
(d) A renta-cop car.
14. Who is the girl who was mowing the lawn?
15. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
(a) The Bartons.
(b) The Burtons.
(c) The Bartletts.
(d) The Baileys.
Short Answer Questions
1. He goes home and calls Susan, inviting her to what?
2. Why can Spenser not take off his white linen sport coat?
3. What is the ransom amount?
4. Who is mowing at the far side of the lawn?
5. Margery continues to cry and Maguire suggests that they do what to calm her down?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)