|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spenser makes the final decision to do what?
(a) Stake out the forest.
(b) Stake out the school.
(c) Follow the kidnappers.
(d) Stake out the pickup site.
2. To what does Spenser compare private investigating?
3. When Roger learns of this spoof, how does he react?
(d) Mad, scared, and mournful.
4. At whom does Roger yell after being finished with yelling at Spenser?
(c) Healy and Trask.
5. When asked if Kevin had ever run away before, what does Margery say?
6. What does Spenser not have regarding this case?
(a) The desire to find Kevin.
(b) The tools needed to find Kevin.
(c) The time to find Kevin.
(d) Any clues that will lead him to Kevin.
7. At what does Spenser look carefully?
(a) The house.
(b) The mailbox.
(c) The trees.
8. How is Spenser unlike the police?
(a) He has better things to do.
(b) He can devote all his time looking for Kevin.
(c) He does not care about Kevin.
(d) He has no training.
9. Margery continues to cry and Maguire suggests that they do what to calm her down?
(a) Call her doctor to prescribe something.
(b) Tell her to breathe deeply.
(c) Put her to bed.
(d) Sing her a song.
10. How much money does Roger say that Margery spends on clothing?
(a) Not enough.
(b) Enough to pay for counseling for twenty years.
(c) A little too much.
(d) The right amount.
11. When Spenser tells Vic he is looking for Kevin, what do Vic and the young girl do?
(a) They stay silent.
(b) They take Spenser to Kevin.
(c) They admit to knowing Kevin.
(d) They deny knowing Kevin.
12. When Susan arrives, he realizes that the name "Silverman" means what?
(a) She has changed her name.
(b) She is probably Jewish.
(c) She likes silver.
(d) She is a silversmith.
13. Of what is there a lot around the house?
(c) Trash cans.
(d) Junk piled up.
14. Margery turns to Spenser who says that Kevin might not survive at all but that the odds are slightly higher with what?
(c) Police intervention.
(d) Spenser's intervention.
15. What is the Labrador's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Spenser not take off his white linen sport coat?
2. Spenser knows there is a man in the woods behind him. Can he see any sign of him?
3. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
4. He goes home and calls Susan, inviting her to what?
5. Is there any way for the police to track the driver of the vehicle?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)