|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the man in the woods lost sight of the vehicle's driver?
2. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
(a) To the swingset.
(b) To the pool.
(c) To the treehouse.
(d) To the car.
3. Of what is there a lot around the house?
(a) Junk piled up.
(d) Trash cans.
4. Spenser joins who several blocks away?
(a) Trask and Healy.
(b) The kidnapper.
(c) The Bartletts.
5. Trask is notified by radio that what has happened?
(a) Mrs. Bartlett has been taken hostage.
(b) Kevin has been returned home.
(c) The Bartletts have been told where to pick up Kevin.
(d) Kevin has been killed.
6. By what does Spenser say kidnappings are usually motivated?
7. What does Spenser tell Susan?
(a) He is a little scared of Vic.
(b) He does not want to talk to Vic.
(c) She was right in her assessment.
(d) She was wrong about her assessment.
8. She calls the following morning and says what?
(a) She has heard from Kevin.
(b) She has seen Vic.
(c) She received a phone call from Vic.
(d) She has learned the location of Vic's "commune."
9. When Healy lifts the lid of the box, what does he find?
(a) A guinea pig.
(b) A dummy.
10. Describe Kevin's room.
(a) Obsessively neat.
(b) A typical teenager's room.
(c) Fairly organized.
(d) Very dirty.
11. What is on the side of the Bartletts' blue Dodge Club van?
(a) Bartlett Realty.
(b) Bartlett Construction.
(c) A new paint job.
(d) A big scratch.
12. Of what will Margery not approve?
(a) A stakeout.
(b) Anything too elaborate.
(c) Giving in to the kidnapper.
(d) Anything that might cause Kevin to get his head cut off.
13. Is there any way for the police to track the driver of the vehicle?
14. What does Spenser then say about this case?
(a) It is his first kidnapping case.
(b) There is something strange about it.
(c) It is just like any other kidnapping case.
(d) It cannot be solved.
15. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
(a) The next few days.
(b) The next few hours.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margery continues to cry and Maguire suggests that they do what to calm her down?
2. Trask pats Margery's hand and promises that they'll get Kevin back, which Healy likens to what?
3. Where is Margery to have the money in a book bag?
4. What is the one thing that Kevin took from home?
5. Where does the driver of this vehicle head?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)