|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Healy shows Spenser two sheets of paper, each inside a transparent cover. The first is what?
(a) A blank sheet of paper.
(b) A hand-drawn comic strip featuring a voluptuous woman dressed in a mini-skirt and seated at a bar.
(c) A photograph of Kevin.
(d) A letter created by cutting out various fonts from magazine article titles.
2. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
(a) All ten.
(b) All six.
(c) All twelve.
(d) All eight.
3. Who is the overweight cop at the table?
(a) Chief Healy.
(b) Chief Trask.
(c) Chief Smith.
(d) Chief Johnson.
4. Margery turns to Spenser who says that Kevin might not survive at all but that the odds are slightly higher with what?
(b) Police intervention.
(c) Spenser's intervention.
5. To whom does Spenser attribute this hiding man?
(a) Healy's overseeing of the set up.
(b) Trask's overseeing of the set up.
(c) His overseeing of the set up.
(d) Roger's overseeing of the set up.
6. Does Kevin seem like the kind of kid who would take his pet without taking something to carry the animal in and something to feed it?
7. What does Spenser quickly learn about horses?
(a) They are very dangerous.
(b) They are not overly intelligent.
(c) They are lazy.
(d) They are very intelligent.
8. Without talking again to the Bartletts, what does Spenser do?
(a) He sits on the porch step.
(b) He gets in his convertible and drives back to Boston.
(c) He talks to the neighbors about the Bartletts.
(d) He makes a phone call.
9. At what does Spenser look carefully?
(a) The mailbox.
(b) The house.
(c) The trees.
10. What does Susan Silverman say about Kevin's identity role?
(a) It is very healthy.
(b) It is perfectly normal.
(c) It is somewhat unusual.
(d) It is screwed up.
11. She calls the following morning and says what?
(a) She has learned the location of Vic's "commune."
(b) She received a phone call from Vic.
(c) She has heard from Kevin.
(d) She has seen Vic.
12. What does the Bartletts' house look like?
(a) Yellow with green shutters and a slate roof.
(b) Yellow with green shutters and a tiled roof.
(c) Green with yellow shutters and a tiled roof.
(d) Green with yellow shutters and a slate roof.
13. Margery continues to cry and Maguire suggests that they do what to calm her down?
(a) Sing her a song.
(b) Call her doctor to prescribe something.
(c) Tell her to breathe deeply.
(d) Put her to bed.
14. What is the phone call?
(a) A serious call from the kidnappers.
(b) A prank call by a group of teenagers.
(c) An elaborate spoof.
(d) A telemarketer.
15. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
(a) To the car.
(b) To the pool.
(c) To the swingset.
(d) To the treehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the driver of this vehicle do?
2. Spenser joins who several blocks away?
3. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
4. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
5. Who spends a lot of time watching television?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)