|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Healy lifts the lid of the box, what does he find?
(c) A dummy.
(d) A guinea pig.
2. Why does the police chief not trust Spenser?
(a) They grew up together.
(b) He used to work with him.
(c) He knows Spenser was fired from the AG's office.
(d) He knows nothing about Spenser.
3. She calls the following morning and says what?
(a) She has heard from Kevin.
(b) She has seen Vic.
(c) She has learned the location of Vic's "commune."
(d) She received a phone call from Vic.
4. What does Spenser not have regarding this case?
(a) The desire to find Kevin.
(b) The time to find Kevin.
(c) The tools needed to find Kevin.
(d) Any clues that will lead him to Kevin.
5. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
(a) Mr. White, the Principal.
(b) Mr. Moriarty, the Assistant Principal.
(c) Mr. Thompson, the head of the faculty.
(d) Mr. Poyser, the Dean of Students.
6. What is in the carport producing a steady whine?
(a) A generator.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A van.
(d) A car.
7. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
(a) All eight.
(b) All twelve.
(c) All six.
(d) All ten.
8. Spenser knows there is a man in the woods behind him. Can he see any sign of him?
(a) A little.
(c) A lot.
9. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
10. Spenser says he will not assess their parenting skills, but needs what?
(a) Information in order to find their son.
(b) To tell them they are horrible parents.
(c) To leave.
(d) He is glad they are not his parents.
11. What is the phone call?
(a) An elaborate spoof.
(b) A telemarketer.
(c) A prank call by a group of teenagers.
(d) A serious call from the kidnappers.
12. Of what will Margery not approve?
(a) Giving in to the kidnapper.
(b) A stakeout.
(c) Anything that might cause Kevin to get his head cut off.
(d) Anything too elaborate.
13. Of what is there a lot around the house?
(a) Trash cans.
(b) Junk piled up.
14. Who says the man in the woods lost sight of the vehicle's driver?
15. Where is Margery to have the money in a book bag?
(a) On her porch.
(b) At the corner in front of a riding stable.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In her mailbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Spenser not take off his white linen sport coat?
2. Who is Margery's physician?
3. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
4. Why does Spenser have a sandwich?
5. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)