|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is behind a school in Old Smithfield?
(a) A van.
(b) A corvette.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A hearse.
2. At dinner, of what does Susan assure Spenser?
(a) She is not a silversmith.
(b) She does like silver.
(c) She is not Orthodox.
(d) She did not change her name.
3. Where does Dolly go after emerging again from the house?
(a) To the car.
(b) To the treehouse.
(c) To the swingset.
(d) To the pool.
4. What does Spenser tell Susan?
(a) She was right in her assessment.
(b) She was wrong about her assessment.
(c) He does not want to talk to Vic.
(d) He is a little scared of Vic.
5. Why does he make this comparison?
(a) You have to try many maneuvers until you get the right one.
(b) You have to knock people down to win.
(c) You keep returning the ball until someone makes a mistake.
(d) You have to step on some toes to be victorious.
6. Does Spenser think Kevin is still nearby?
(d) Probably not.
7. What does Dr. Croft give Margery?
(a) A pill.
(b) A shot.
(c) A prescription to have filled.
(d) A drink.
8. When he arrives, Trask's car is there, along with what?
(a) A Suffolk County Police car.
(b) A Smithfield Police car.
(c) A Massachusetts State Police car.
(d) A renta-cop car.
9. Who is the overweight cop at the table?
(a) Chief Johnson.
(b) Chief Trask.
(c) Chief Smith.
(d) Chief Healy.
10. He goes home and calls Susan, inviting her to what?
(c) A ball game.
(d) A movie.
11. Where does the driver of this vehicle head?
(a) Into a nearby parking lot.
(b) Up the stable drive.
(c) Into a field.
(d) Down the road.
12. Describe the road to Vic's home.
(a) It is long.
(b) It is overgrown.
(c) It is neatly trimmed.
(d) It is winding.
13. Is there any way for the police to track the driver of the vehicle?
14. What does the driver of this vehicle do?
(a) He slows and grabs the backpack from Margery.
(b) He drives slowly past Margery.
(c) He drives by quickly.
(d) He grabs Margery and the backpack.
15. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
(a) Vic jumps from the porch and Spenser pulls his gun.
(b) Vic runs into the house.
(c) Vic runs for the woods and Spenser shoots at him.
(d) Vic backs off.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning of the pickup, Spenser watches as Margery does what?
2. Who on the steps yells for Vic?
3. What is in the carport producing a steady whine?
4. How does the man introduce himself?
5. With whom does Spenser believe Kevin hangs out?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)