|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Spenser believe Kevin hangs out?
(a) Vincent Harold.
(b) Violet Hennings.
(c) Virginia Huck.
(d) Vic Harroway.
2. At whom does Roger yell after being finished with yelling at Spenser?
(c) Healy and Trask.
3. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
4. When Roger learns of this spoof, how does he react?
(c) Mad, scared, and mournful.
5. What does the driver do after passing Spenser?
(a) He heads onto the bridle path behind the stables.
(b) He parks in the driveway.
(c) He drives off towards the interstate.
(d) He hits a tree.
6. Trask says that they can set up a stakeout to catch the kidnappers. What does Spenser suggest?
(a) They search for Kevin now.
(b) They give up completely.
(c) They not catch them, but follow them to find Kevin.
(d) They set up a stakeout.
7. What does the driver of this vehicle do?
(a) He slows and grabs the backpack from Margery.
(b) He drives slowly past Margery.
(c) He drives by quickly.
(d) He grabs Margery and the backpack.
8. What does Spenser learn about Vic Harroway?
(a) He is about fifty.
(b) He is about forty.
(c) He is about thirty.
(d) He is about twenty.
9. What does the Bartletts' house look like?
(a) Green with yellow shutters and a tiled roof.
(b) Green with yellow shutters and a slate roof.
(c) Yellow with green shutters and a slate roof.
(d) Yellow with green shutters and a tiled roof.
10. How is Spenser unlike the police?
(a) He has no training.
(b) He does not care about Kevin.
(c) He can devote all his time looking for Kevin.
(d) He has better things to do.
11. How does Spenser introduce himself?
(a) As Niles Chiggington.
(b) As Nick Charles.
(c) As Norman Chuck.
(d) As Nathan Chatham.
12. She calls the following morning and says what?
(a) She has seen Vic.
(b) She has heard from Kevin.
(c) She has learned the location of Vic's "commune."
(d) She received a phone call from Vic.
13. By what does Spenser say kidnappings are usually motivated?
14. Healy and Spenser arrive at the stable and meet who?
(a) The owner.
(b) A rider.
(c) The manager.
(d) An instructor.
15. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
(a) She glares at him and walks in the opposite direction.
(b) She runs to the neighbor's house.
(c) She goes over to him and introduces herself.
(d) She detours to the front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser knows there is a man in the woods behind him. Can he see any sign of him?
2. With whom is Healy an investigator?
3. Why does Roger not agree to getting Kevin psychiatric counseling?
4. Healy shows Spenser two sheets of paper, each inside a transparent cover. The first is what?
5. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)