|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spenser makes the final decision to do what?
(a) Stake out the pickup site.
(b) Stake out the forest.
(c) Follow the kidnappers.
(d) Stake out the school.
2. What does Spenser not have regarding this case?
(a) The desire to find Kevin.
(b) The tools needed to find Kevin.
(c) Any clues that will lead him to Kevin.
(d) The time to find Kevin.
3. What is the one thing that Kevin took from home?
(a) His lucky penny.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A guinea pig.
4. What does Healy tell Spenser they have to do?
5. Trask pats Margery's hand and promises that they'll get Kevin back, which Healy likens to what?
(a) Clint Eastwood's role in the 1971 film, Dirty Harry.
(b) Robert Redford's role in the 1977 film, A Bridge Too Far.
(c) Harrison Ford's role in the 1981 film, Indiana Jones.
(d) John Wayne's role in the 1956 film, The Searchers.
6. What is the ransom amount?
(a) Five-thousand dollars.
(b) Fifteen-hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen-thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty-thousand dollars.
7. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
(a) Vic runs for the woods and Spenser shoots at him.
(b) Vic backs off.
(c) Vic jumps from the porch and Spenser pulls his gun.
(d) Vic runs into the house.
8. When Spenser tells Vic he is looking for Kevin, what do Vic and the young girl do?
(a) They take Spenser to Kevin.
(b) They stay silent.
(c) They deny knowing Kevin.
(d) They admit to knowing Kevin.
9. At whom does Roger yell after being finished with yelling at Spenser?
(b) Healy and Trask.
10. Who is mowing at the far side of the lawn?
(a) Mrs. Bartlett.
(b) Mr. Bartlett.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A young boy.
11. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
(a) She glares at him and walks in the opposite direction.
(b) She detours to the front.
(c) She runs to the neighbor's house.
(d) She goes over to him and introduces herself.
12. Why does Roger not agree to getting Kevin psychiatric counseling?
(a) Roger does not trust psychiatrists.
(b) It is too time consuming.
(c) He does not need it.
(d) It is too expensive.
13. Spenser knows there is a man in the woods behind him. Can he see any sign of him?
(b) A little.
(c) A lot.
14. Trask says that they can set up a stakeout to catch the kidnappers. What does Spenser suggest?
(a) They search for Kevin now.
(b) They give up completely.
(c) They not catch them, but follow them to find Kevin.
(d) They set up a stakeout.
15. What does Dr. Croft give Margery?
(a) A prescription to have filled.
(b) A shot.
(c) A pill.
(d) A drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
2. With whom does Spenser believe Kevin hangs out?
3. Margery turns to Spenser who says that Kevin might not survive at all but that the odds are slightly higher with what?
4. Who is the girl who was mowing the lawn?
5. Describe the road to Vic's home.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)