|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
(a) The next few days.
(b) The next few hours.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
2. Of what does Healy accuse Spenser?
3. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
4. What is Vic?
(a) A football player.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A bodybuilder.
(d) A pro wrestler.
5. To what does Spenser compare private investigating?
6. Describe Kevin's room.
(a) Obsessively neat.
(b) A typical teenager's room.
(c) Fairly organized.
(d) Very dirty.
7. Why does he make this comparison?
(a) You have to try many maneuvers until you get the right one.
(b) You keep returning the ball until someone makes a mistake.
(c) You have to knock people down to win.
(d) You have to step on some toes to be victorious.
8. Does Kevin seem like the kind of kid who would take his pet without taking something to carry the animal in and something to feed it?
9. Does Spenser think Kevin is still nearby?
(d) Probably not.
10. What is behind a school in Old Smithfield?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A corvette.
(c) A hearse.
(d) A van.
11. What is the ransom amount?
(a) Five-thousand dollars.
(b) Fifteen-hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen-thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty-thousand dollars.
12. When Healy lifts the lid of the box, what does he find?
(b) A dummy.
(c) A guinea pig.
13. Of what is there a lot around the house?
(b) Trash cans.
(d) Junk piled up.
14. Why can Spenser not take off his white linen sport coat?
(a) He is sweating too much.
(b) It is too cold outside to go without a coat.
(c) He is only wearing a tee shirt underneath his coat.
(d) The gun at his waist would be very conspicuous in Smithfield.
15. Describe the road to Vic's home.
(a) It is winding.
(b) It is long.
(c) It is overgrown.
(d) It is neatly trimmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a fit of temper, what does Spenser do?
2. Why do the police and Spenser know that a better way to have handled it would have been to call with instructions at the last minute?
3. Where is Margery to have the money in a book bag?
4. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
5. Why does Spenser have a sandwich?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)