|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is mowing at the far side of the lawn?
(a) Mrs. Bartlett.
(b) A young girl.
(c) Mr. Bartlett.
(d) A young boy.
2. What is in the carport producing a steady whine?
(a) A van.
(b) A car.
(c) A generator.
(d) A motorcycle.
3. How many deputies are determined will be needed?
(a) All eight.
(b) All ten.
(c) All twelve.
(d) All six.
4. What does Spenser learn that the Bartletts have received?
(a) A helpful tip by a neighbor.
(b) A threatening phone call from an anonymous caller.
(c) A phone call from Kevin.
(d) A ransom note by mail.
5. Why does he make this comparison?
(a) You have to knock people down to win.
(b) You have to try many maneuvers until you get the right one.
(c) You keep returning the ball until someone makes a mistake.
(d) You have to step on some toes to be victorious.
6. Does Spenser think Kevin is still nearby?
(d) Probably not.
7. Why does Spenser head back to the Bartlett home?
(a) To see what he can find out about Kevin's interests.
(b) To see what he can find out about Kevin's friends.
(c) To see what he can find out about Kevin's after-school activities.
(d) To see what he can find out about Kevin's school work.
8. Spenser joins who several blocks away?
(b) Trask and Healy.
(c) The Bartletts.
(d) The kidnapper.
9. How many options are there as to where the kidnappers might have come out of the woods?
(b) A few.
(c) Only a couple.
10. What does the driver do after passing Spenser?
(a) He drives off towards the interstate.
(b) He hits a tree.
(c) He heads onto the bridle path behind the stables.
(d) He parks in the driveway.
11. At whom does Roger yell after being finished with yelling at Spenser?
(b) Healy and Trask.
12. He goes home and calls Susan, inviting her to what?
(a) A ball game.
(c) A movie.
13. Who on the steps yells for Vic?
(a) A boy.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A girl.
14. What is behind a school in Old Smithfield?
(a) A hearse.
(b) A corvette.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A van.
15. What is the ransom amount?
(a) Fifteen-hundred dollars.
(b) Five-thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty-thousand dollars.
(d) Fifteen-thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spenser knows there is a man in the woods behind him. Can he see any sign of him?
2. What does Spenser learn about Vic Harroway?
3. What is Vic?
4. When asked if Kevin had ever run away before, what does Margery say?
5. Trask is notified by radio that what has happened?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)