|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spenser head back to the Bartlett home?
(a) To see what he can find out about Kevin's interests.
(b) To see what he can find out about Kevin's after-school activities.
(c) To see what he can find out about Kevin's friends.
(d) To see what he can find out about Kevin's school work.
2. Trask says that they can set up a stakeout to catch the kidnappers. What does Spenser suggest?
(a) They give up completely.
(b) They not catch them, but follow them to find Kevin.
(c) They search for Kevin now.
(d) They set up a stakeout.
3. Where is Margery to have the money in a book bag?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In her mailbox.
(c) On her porch.
(d) At the corner in front of a riding stable.
4. Without talking again to the Bartletts, what does Spenser do?
(a) He makes a phone call.
(b) He talks to the neighbors about the Bartletts.
(c) He gets in his convertible and drives back to Boston.
(d) He sits on the porch step.
5. What does Susan Silverman say about Kevin's identity role?
(a) It is screwed up.
(b) It is perfectly normal.
(c) It is somewhat unusual.
(d) It is very healthy.
6. Where does the driver of this vehicle head?
(a) Up the stable drive.
(b) Into a nearby parking lot.
(c) Down the road.
(d) Into a field.
7. Who on the steps yells for Vic?
(a) A girl.
(b) A boy.
(c) An old woman.
8. What does this girl do when she starts toward the house and sees Spenser?
(a) She glares at him and walks in the opposite direction.
(b) She goes over to him and introduces herself.
(c) She detours to the front.
(d) She runs to the neighbor's house.
9. With whom does Spenser first speak at Smithfield High School?
(a) Mr. Moriarty, the Assistant Principal.
(b) Mr. Poyser, the Dean of Students.
(c) Mr. White, the Principal.
(d) Mr. Thompson, the head of the faculty.
10. Why does Roger not agree to getting Kevin psychiatric counseling?
(a) Roger does not trust psychiatrists.
(b) It is too time consuming.
(c) He does not need it.
(d) It is too expensive.
11. What has Roger already made arrangements to do?
(a) Put half the money in the bag.
(b) Put the business up for collateral.
(c) Search for Kevin himself.
(d) Give up on Kevin.
12. What is the Labrador's name?
13. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
(a) The Bartons.
(b) The Burtons.
(c) The Baileys.
(d) The Bartletts.
14. At dinner, of what does Susan assure Spenser?
(a) She is not a silversmith.
(b) She is not Orthodox.
(c) She does like silver.
(d) She did not change her name.
15. Describe Kevin's room.
(a) Obsessively neat.
(b) A typical teenager's room.
(c) Fairly organized.
(d) Very dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Spenser says that he wants to "rent a high-spirited palomino stallion with a hand-tooled Spanish leather saddle and silver-studded bridle", Healy does what?
2. Who spends a lot of time watching television?
3. What is in the carport producing a steady whine?
4. With whom is Healy an investigator?
5. Of what is there a lot around the house?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)