|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Susan arrives, he realizes that the name "Silverman" means what?
(a) She has changed her name.
(b) She is probably Jewish.
(c) She likes silver.
(d) She is a silversmith.
2. When Roger learns of this spoof, how does he react?
(b) Mad, scared, and mournful.
3. When Spenser doesn't back down from Vic, what happens?
(a) Vic runs for the woods and Spenser shoots at him.
(b) Vic backs off.
(c) Vic jumps from the porch and Spenser pulls his gun.
(d) Vic runs into the house.
4. Healy introduces himself and says that he wants "this man" to pretend to be an employee of the stables for how long?
(a) The next few days.
(b) The next few hours.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
5. What does Spenser learn that the Bartletts have received?
(a) A helpful tip by a neighbor.
(b) A threatening phone call from an anonymous caller.
(c) A phone call from Kevin.
(d) A ransom note by mail.
6. Who are Spenser's potential clients?
(a) The Burtons.
(b) The Bartletts.
(c) The Bartons.
(d) The Baileys.
7. How does this man react when Spenser asks him whether Kevin has behavior problems, friends, or does drugs?
8. Trask says that they can set up a stakeout to catch the kidnappers. What does Spenser suggest?
(a) They give up completely.
(b) They not catch them, but follow them to find Kevin.
(c) They set up a stakeout.
(d) They search for Kevin now.
9. What does Spenser tell Susan?
(a) She was wrong about her assessment.
(b) She was right in her assessment.
(c) He does not want to talk to Vic.
(d) He is a little scared of Vic.
10. He goes home and calls Susan, inviting her to what?
(a) A movie.
(b) A ball game.
11. When Healy lifts the lid of the box, what does he find?
(a) A guinea pig.
(c) A dummy.
12. How does Spenser introduce himself?
(a) As Niles Chiggington.
(b) As Nathan Chatham.
(c) As Norman Chuck.
(d) As Nick Charles.
13. What is the ransom amount?
(a) Five-thousand dollars.
(b) Fifteen-thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty-thousand dollars.
(d) Fifteen-hundred dollars.
14. Does Spenser think Kevin is still nearby?
(a) Probably not.
15. Without talking again to the Bartletts, what does Spenser do?
(a) He sits on the porch step.
(b) He makes a phone call.
(c) He gets in his convertible and drives back to Boston.
(d) He talks to the neighbors about the Bartletts.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Spenser begin the following day?
2. With whom does Spenser believe Kevin hangs out?
3. When asked if Kevin had ever run away before, what does Margery say?
4. By what does Spenser say kidnappings are usually motivated?
5. Why does the police chief not trust Spenser?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)