|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Velutha usually wear?
2. Ammu worries about ____________, which is supposed to run in the family.
3. Where does Ammu tell the children she should have taken them the night they ran away with Sophie Mol?
4. Ammu listens to music on her_____________.
5. Where does Rahel start sleeping at night after she returns to the Ayemenem house as an adult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do the twins consider how much they are loved, whom they love, and who loves them? What are the roots of this deep-seeded need and how is it shown throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What does this last statement in the kathakali play illuminate?: "The twins--Nakula and Sahadeva--will go untouched. But Aruna--him I will make no promises about. I will kill him, or he will kill me. One of us will die."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Communist party to the events and themes of the novel.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)