|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Velutha sleep the night that Sophie Mol drowns?
2. What is the name of Comrade Pillai's wife?
3. What does the father in the joke Chacko tells Margaret the morning he meets her at the cafe give to one of his son's as a birthday present?
4. Where does Rahel start sleeping at night after she returns to the Ayemenem house as an adult?
5. Who does Ammu see in a powerful dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the theme that everything in life has its cost is shown throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does The God of Small Things show how social, cultural, idealistic, and religious discrimination and racism run strong in all sects of the Indian society?
Essay Topic 3
The man with Ammu in the her dream leaves no footsteps in the sand and no ripples in the water. Who is the man? What does this mean in terms of the tragic events of the novel?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)