|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Velutha feel as he goes to the sleep the night that Sophie Mol drowns?
2. What does the father in the joke Chacko tells Margaret the morning he meets her at the cafe give to one of his son's as a birthday present?
(a) Horse dung.
(b) A horse.
(c) A car.
(d) A boat.
3. Why does Inspector Thomas send for Baby Kochamma after he talks to the twins?
(a) She filed a false F.I.R.
(b) She lied about Chacko.
(c) To save Velutha.
(d) To trap Ammu.
4. What does Chacko love most about Margaret?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her smile.
(c) Her self-sufficiency.
(d) Her sense of humor.
5. What is the name of last place Estha ever sees Ammu?
(a) Ayemenem Train Station.
(b) Sea Queen Hotel and Terminal.
(c) Cochin Harbor Terminus.
(d) History House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Velutha is wearing as he is being beaten on the veranda of the History House?
2. What does Rahel do as the train Estha rides pulls out of the station?
3. When she speaks to them at the police station, what does Baby Kochamma tell the twins they have to do to save Ammu?
4. What does Rahel think the temple of Kochu Thomban smells like?
5. When Margaret is a waitress at a London cafe, what does she watch Chacko put into his coffee?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)