|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children following Rahel call her as she walks the riverside remembering her childhood?
2. What does Ammu tell Estha and Rahel she will do to them if they ever embarrass her in public again like they did at the airport?
(a) Starve them.
(b) Lock them in a closet.
(c) Beat them.
(d) Send them away.
3. What subject does Baby Kochamma bring up at the airport to try to impress Sophie Mol?
(d) Van Gogh.
4. Where did Rahel's father move to?
5. What do Estha and Rahel hold in their laps on the way to the airport?
(b) Eagle vacuum flasks.
(c) Elegantly wrapped gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Estha wearing the day they go to The Sound of Music?
2. Whose advances and little seductions does Sophie Mol reject?
3. What does Estha notice the most on the Orangedrink Lemondrink Man?
4. What do Estha and Rahel put in front of Velutha's hut the day they find the boat?
5. Where is Estha's favorite thinking place as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What year is the author remembering at the beginning of Chapter 4, Abhilash Talkies?
2. What do the twins do when they find a boat by the river?
3. What does Rahel notice has become of the river that played such an important role in her childhood?
4. What does Velutha do after he is fired from the pickle factory?
5. What does Rahel remember about her mother's death?
6. Where did the saying "Big Man the Laltain, Small Man the Bombatti" come from?
7. Why does Baby Kochamma force Ammu to leave the house?
8. Why does Chacko have trouble sleeping at the hotel the night before Sophie and Margaret Kochamma's arrival in India?
9. How does Velutha feel after being fired from the pickle factory?
10. Describe what happens when Rahel sees Estha for the first time after twenty-three years.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)