|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chacko is a self proclaimed ____________.
2. How old are Rahel and Estha when they are reunited as adults?
3. Where does Rahel tell Velutha she saw him in Cochin the day before Sophie Mol arrived?
(a) The park.
(b) The airport.
(c) Movie theater.
(d) Communist march.
4. What hangs on the wall at the entrance of the Kochamma house?
(a) Stuffed marlin.
(b) Stuffed antelope head.
(c) Stuffed Elephant head.
(d) Stuffed bison head.
5. What kind of car does Rahel's family own?
(a) Red Pontiac.
(b) White Mercedes.
(c) Blue Plymouth.
(d) Blue Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Velutha is ____________.
2. What does Velutha make the twins promise about the boat they find?
3. What does Estha talk to the Orangedrink Lemondrink Man about?
4. Sophie Mol vows to drink only out of what while she was in Ayemenem?
5. What creature does Rahel see at Sophie Mol's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rahel remember about her mother's death?
2. What is the first memory Rahel has after she arrives at her childhood home?
3. How long does the affair between Ammu and Velutha last?
4. What year is the author remembering at the beginning of Chapter 4, Abhilash Talkies?
5. What other childhood treasures did Rahel find hidden with the Wisdom Exercise Notebooks?
6. What is Chacko and Margaret's story?
7. What do the twins do when they find a boat by the river?
8. What do the children notice in particular at the airport as they wait for Sophie Mol to arrive?
9. What happens when the police find Velutha and the twins at the History House?
10. What does Rahel notice has become of the river that played such an important role in her childhood?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)