|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rahel ask Ammu about and ruin the mood of a pleasant afternoon?
2. What is sinking into the ground next to the Ayemenem house as the monsoon rains fell?
(a) The plastic child's watch.
(b) The pickle factory.
(c) Pickle jars.
(d) The old Plymouth.
3. When does Ammu tell Estha she will see him again as he sits on the train?
(a) As soon as she gets a job.
(b) Month after next.
(c) In June.
(d) As soon as he finishes school.
4. What does Rahel do as the train Estha rides pulls out of the station?
5. Where do Rahel and Estha go after they search for Sophie by the river?
(a) The History House.
(c) Velutha's hut.
(d) The pickle factory.
6. What does Chacko love most about Margaret?
(a) Her self-sufficiency.
(b) Her smile.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her sense of humor.
7. In her dream, which of the following animals does Ammu NOT see?
(b) Red cow.
(c) Sacred elephants.
8. What is the only thing Velutha is wearing as he is being beaten on the veranda of the History House?
(b) Red nail polish.
9. What is the name of Comrade Pillai's wife?
10. Where does Velutha sleep the night that Sophie Mol drowns?
(a) In his hut.
(b) The History House.
(c) By the riverside.
(d) Comrade Pillai's house.
11. Who joins Rahel at the temple to watch the kathakali?
(a) Comrade Pillai.
(b) Baby Kochamma.
(d) Kochu Maria.
12. What happens to the toys the children brought to the History House?
(a) The police take them.
(b) Velutha takes them.
(c) The twins throw them in the river.
(d) Ammu takes them.
13. What are the names of the two sons in the joke Chacko tells Margaret the morning he meets her at the cafe?
(a) John and Frank.
(b) Karna and Kuntu.
(c) Bhima and Dauseva.
(d) Pete and Stuart.
14. Comrade Pillia holds his ____________ like a gun to Chacko's head.
15. What poet does Comrade Pillai try to get his son Lenin to recite to Chacko?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) E.B. White.
(d) Emily Dickenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Margaret is a waitress at a London cafe, what does she watch Chacko put into his coffee?
2. What is Sophie Mol wearing the night she drowns?
3. Where does Baby Kochamma tell the twins they will have to go along with Ammu when she is threatening them at the police station?
4. What does Chacko go to Comrade Pillai's house to discuss?
5. The kathakali performs dances about what?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)