|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rahel ask Ammu about and ruin the mood of a pleasant afternoon?
2. Where do Rahel and Estha go after they search for Sophie by the river?
(b) Velutha's hut.
(c) The pickle factory.
(d) The History House.
3. What does Chacko love most about Margaret?
(a) Her self-sufficiency.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her smile.
4. Whose fault does Estha think it is that he has to be sent away?
5. What is the name of last place Estha ever sees Ammu?
(a) Cochin Harbor Terminus.
(b) Sea Queen Hotel and Terminal.
(c) Ayemenem Train Station.
(d) History House.
6. Who does Rahel decide is being beaten on the veranda of the History House instead of Velutha?
(b) His father.
(d) His twin brother.
7. Where does Velutha sleep the night that Sophie Mol drowns?
(a) Comrade Pillai's house.
(b) By the riverside.
(c) The History House.
(d) In his hut.
8. Who is the only relative to attend Chacko's and Margaret's wedding?
(d) Margaret's mother.
9. What does Chacko go to Comrade Pillai's house to discuss?
(b) Factory business.
10. What poet does Comrade Pillai try to get his son Lenin to recite to Chacko?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) Emily Dickenson.
(c) E.B. White.
11. What is sinking into the ground next to the Ayemenem house as the monsoon rains fell?
(a) The old Plymouth.
(b) The plastic child's watch.
(c) Pickle jars.
(d) The pickle factory.
12. When she speaks to them at the police station, what does Baby Kochamma tell the twins they have to do to save Ammu?
(d) Rub her feet.
13. Where does Ammu tell the children she should have taken them the night they ran away with Sophie Mol?
(a) An orphanage.
(c) Disney Land.
14. In her dream, which of the following animals does Ammu NOT see?
(a) Sacred elephants.
(c) Red cow.
15. What does Rahel do as the train Estha rides pulls out of the station?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inspector Thomas give the twins to drink while he questions them at the police station?
2. What kind of coupons is Baby Kochamma filling out as she sits in bed listening for Rahel and Estha?
3. Who is pleased to know that Rahel still enjoys the kathakali?
4. What is the Heart of Darkness?
5. Who does grown up Rahel remind Estha of?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)