|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in Sophie Mol's bag the night the children take the boat out on the river?
(a) A flashlight.
(d) An Eagle flask.
2. When does Ammu tell Estha she will see him again as he sits on the train?
(a) Month after next.
(b) As soon as he finishes school.
(c) In June.
(d) As soon as she gets a job.
3. What is the only thing Velutha is wearing as he is being beaten on the veranda of the History House?
(a) Red nail polish.
4. What poet does Comrade Pillai try to get his son Lenin to recite to Chacko?
(a) Emily Dickenson.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) E.B. White.
5. Where does Baby Kochamma tell the twins they will have to go along with Ammu when she is threatening them at the police station?
6. What do the twins think Velutha's blood smells like as it comes to them on a breeze on the veranda of the History House?
(d) Old roses.
7. How does Velutha feel as he goes to the sleep the night that Sophie Mol drowns?
8. Who is pleased to know that Rahel still enjoys the kathakali?
(b) Comrade Pillia.
(c) Baby Kochamma.
(d) Kochu Maria.
9. Who does Rahel decide is being beaten on the veranda of the History House instead of Velutha?
(a) His father.
(c) His twin brother.
10. What does Rahel take to the temple elephant, Kochu Thomban?
(c) Jar of pickles.
11. What kind of coupons is Baby Kochamma filling out as she sits in bed listening for Rahel and Estha?
12. When Baby Kochamma talks to Rahel and Estha at the police station, she tells the twins they are ______________.
13. Who does Rahel ask Ammu about and ruin the mood of a pleasant afternoon?
14. What is clutched in Sophie Mol's hand as she drowns?
(a) A silver thimble.
(b) The gift from Velutha.
(c) A child's plastic watch.
(d) Her mother's picture.
15. Ammu tells that twins that they should not wake dreaming people or else they will have what?
(b) Freed the Good Spirits.
(c) Ruined the Future.
(d) A Heart Attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rahel think the temple of Kochu Thomban smells like?
2. The author describes Velutha as being as lonely as a ________________.
3. What happens to the toys the children brought to the History House?
4. What are the names of the two sons in the joke Chacko tells Margaret the morning he meets her at the cafe?
5. What is Velutha doing the night that Sophie Mol drowns?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)