|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Margaret Kochamma's second husband?
2. What subject does Baby Kochamma bring up at the airport to try to impress Sophie Mol?
(d) Van Gogh.
3. As Rahel watches a silent Estha strip off his clothes, how does she describe them both?
4. What do people living in huts by the riverside use the river for?
(b) A toilet.
5. What tone is Chacko using as he makes introductions at the airport?
(a) Kind Father voice.
(b) Angry Man voice.
(c) Emporer of India voice.
(d) Reading Aloud voice.
6. How old are Rahel and Estha when they are reunited as adults?
7. What did Rahel's mother melt her wedding ring into?
(a) A coin with a diamond in the middle.
(b) A serpent headed bangle.
(c) Two diamond earrings.
(d) A serpent headed pendant.
8. What does Estha talk to the Orangedrink Lemondrink Man about?
(a) His mother and sister.
(b) Fishing in Ayemenem.
(c) The pickle factory.
(d) The Sound of Music.
9. How many years are Rahel and Estha apart?
10. What does Sohpie Mol tell Chacko about being her father?
(a) She wants to stay in Ayemenem.
(b) She wants him to come to England.
(c) She loves Joe less.
(d) She loves Joe more.
11. Which character in The Sound of Music does Rahel identify with most?
(a) The oldest daughter.
(b) Baron von Trapp.
(c) The youngest daughter.
12. What color aprons do the workers at the pickle factory wear?
13. What country is India at war with when Rahel and Estha are born?
14. Ammu says her phlegm is like what?
(a) A baby.
15. What do the children following Rahel call her as she walks the riverside remembering her childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, Rahel contemplates her future prospects. How much money does she have to her name?
2. What does Rahel wear to the airport to pick up Margaret and Sophie Mol?
3. What is the name of Velutha's brother?
4. Who does Rahel now see as an adult was the one victim of that tragic day in her childhood?
5. What does Mombatti mean?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)