|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ammu is banished from the house, what illness does she have when she comes back to visit Rahel?
(d) The flu.
2. What is Estha wearing the day they go to The Sound of Music?
(a) Silk shirt and gold chains.
(b) Beige and pointy shoes.
(c) Blue suede shoes.
(d) Leather jacket.
3. What does Margaret Kochamma say over and over again?
(a) Bloody well.
(b) Jolly well.
(d) Oh dear.
4. What do people living in huts by the riverside use the river for?
(a) A toilet.
5. What do the children do with Velutha while they play on the day Sophie dies?
(a) Paint his nails.
(b) Play hide-and-seek.
(c) Put make-up on him.
(d) Color pictures.
6. Baby Kochamma tells Rahel and Estha as they wait for the plane to arrive that they are what?
(a) Ambassadors of India.
(b) Naughty children.
(c) Good boys and girls.
(d) The Welcoming Committee.
7. What color aprons do the workers at the pickle factory wear?
8. Where does Rahel go when she turns eleven?
(b) Boarding school.
(d) To live with an uncle in Calcutta.
9. What does Sohpie Mol tell Chacko about being her father?
(a) She loves Joe less.
(b) She loves Joe more.
(c) She wants to stay in Ayemenem.
(d) She wants him to come to England.
10. What part of Estha does Rahel reach out and touch even though he has not even acknowledged her being in the house?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His earlobe.
(c) His cheek.
(d) His hand.
11. How old are Rahel and Estha when they are reunited as adults?
12. Pappachi is an Imperial ____________________.
13. What does Chacko call Sophie?
14. What is the name of the original owner of the History House estate?
(a) Kari Saipu.
(b) P. Levin.
(c) Bhima Dushasana.
(d) Comrade Pillai.
15. Who teaches the twins to swim?
(b) Their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rahel remembers the family seeing a(n) _____________ on the way to the movies before they picked up Sophie Mol at the airport.
2. What hangs on the wall at the entrance of the Kochamma house?
3. Where does Ammu take Rahel and Estha after the funeral of Sophie Mol?
4. What do Rahel and Estha grow up seeing themselves as after the day Sophie Mol dies?
5. What does Laltain mean?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)