|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Abhilash Talkies' lobby called?
(a) Snack Bar.
(c) Big Man.
(d) Princess Circle.
2. What do the children following Rahel call her as she walks the riverside remembering her childhood?
3. Who does Rahel meet as she is walking along the river remembering her childhood?
(a) Comrade Pillai.
(b) Kari Saipu.
(c) Baby Kochamma.
4. What is Baby Kochamma watching on television as Rahel waits for Estha to return home?
(b) Prime Bodies.
(c) The Best of Donahue.
(d) Leave it to Beaver.
5. As Rahel gets reacquainted with her childhood home, she sees that the History House is now what?
(b) An empty field.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Occupied by a family.
6. Estha goes out to the lobby by himself while the family is at the movie theaters watching The Sound of Music because he is ___________.
(a) Singing loudly.
(b) Talking loudly.
7. What does Sophie Mol tell Estha and Rahel she is doing when they find her crying in the garden?
(a) Being Lonely.
(b) Spying on Baby Kochamma.
(d) Catching spiders.
8. Sophie Mol vows to drink only out of what while she was in Ayemenem?
(a) A thimble.
(b) A flask.
(c) A champaigne flute.
(d) A crystal glass.
9. What is the condition of the family home the day Estha and Rahel are reunited?
(b) Elegantly remodeled.
(d) Empty of furniture.
10. What hangs on the wall at the entrance of the Kochamma house?
(a) Stuffed bison head.
(b) Stuffed marlin.
(c) Stuffed antelope head.
(d) Stuffed Elephant head.
11. Chacko is a self proclaimed ____________.
12. What are the cement kangaroos that fascinate Rahel at the airport?
(b) Directional signs.
(c) Trash cans.
13. What about Velutha reminds Ammu of him as a child?
(a) His hands.
(b) His walk.
(c) His laugh.
(d) His smile.
14. Velutha is ____________.
(a) An Untouchable.
(b) A scholar.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
15. What tone is Chacko using as he makes introductions at the airport?
(a) Emporer of India voice.
(b) Reading Aloud voice.
(c) Angry Man voice.
(d) Kind Father voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rahel contemplates what to do with the rest of her life, she wishes she and Estha could go live in Baby Kochamma's _______________.
2. What year is it at the beginning of Chapter 4, Abhilash Talkies?
3. What is the religious background of Rahel's family?
4. Pappachi is the son of a reverend who founds a school for the _____________.
5. Who is Baby Kochamma in love with?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)