|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Mrs. Pillai, Mrs. Eapen, Mrs. Rajagopalan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baby Kochamma tells Rahel and Estha as they wait for the plane to arrive that they are what?
(a) Ambassadors of India.
(b) The Welcoming Committee.
(c) Naughty children.
(d) Good boys and girls.
2. What is the first thing Rahel's family does when they get to the movie theater to see The Sound of Music?
(a) Buy popcorn.
(b) Play games.
(c) Go to the bathrooms.
(d) Find their seats.
3. What does Mammachi do to welcome Sophie and Margaret into her home?
(a) Smell Sophie's hands.
(b) Play the violin.
(c) Place flowers everywhere.
(d) Prepare a feast of pickles.
4. Sophie Mol vows to drink only out of what while she was in Ayemenem?
(a) A thimble.
(b) A flask.
(c) A crystal glass.
(d) A champaigne flute.
5. What does Estha talk to the Orangedrink Lemondrink Man about?
(a) Fishing in Ayemenem.
(b) The pickle factory.
(c) His mother and sister.
(d) The Sound of Music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chacko call Sophie?
2. Who is Baby Kochamma in love with?
3. Where does Chacko, Rahel's uncle, study?
4. What does Baby Kochamma eat while she watches television?
5. What is the name of the child, who has the same ailment she does, that Rahel remembers seeing on a trip to the doctor?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)