Chapter 1, Paradise Pickles and Preserves
1. What month is it when Rahel returns to Ayemenem at the beginning of the novel?
2. Baby Kochamma is whose younger sister?
(a) Rahel's grandmother.
(b) Rahel's grandfather.
(c) Rahel's mother.
(d) Rahel's father.
3. How many years are Rahel and Estha apart?
4. How old are Rahel and Estha when they are reunited as adults?
5. How old is Rahel's cousin, Sophie Mol, when she dies?
6. Where does Ammu take Rahel and Estha after the funeral of Sophie Mol?
(a) The church.
(b) The police station.
7. Where does Rahel go when she turns eleven?
(b) To live with an uncle in Calcutta.
(c) Boarding school.
8. What does Rahel study at college?
9. Where did Rahel's father move to?
10. Who is Baby Kochamma in love with?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A monk.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
This section contains 3,727 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)