Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-4
1. Discuss the term "Vanishing Americans."
2. Why did the Indians begin protesting in the 1960's?
3. the 1860's, how did the American Indian suffer at the hand of federal bureaucrats?
4. How did WWII impact the Indians?
5. Why did a group of Mohawk Indians block the Canadian border at Cornwall Bridge?
6. Why did the National Indian Youth Council publish a pamphlet titled, "When Our Grandfathers Had Guns?"
7. How and by whom were Indian burial grounds desecrated?
This section contains 846 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)