|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Deloria believe American Indians were treated?
(a) Differently than other ethnic groups.
(b) Well .
(c) Like everyone else.
2. Name the example Deloria gives for the third type of sacred land.
(a) Where monuments are built.
(b) Where the Lord spoke to Moses.
(c) Where presidents are buried.
(d) Where Indians are buried.
3. Deloria believes Christian theologians have failed to explain how ___________________.
(a) Evil can exist in a perfect world.
(b) Creation evolved.
(c) Sin is perceived.
(d) Adam came to exist.
4. Chapter 6, "The Concept of History," relates religion to which of the following?
(a) Christianity's evolution throughout history.
(b) Religious wars.
(c) American Indian tribal events.
(d) Chronological details of events.
5. Deloria claims that in Australia, the Aborigines ____________.
(a) Have specific rights to their land.
(b) Are considered sacred people.
(c) Are permitted to appear in court.
(d) Are not permitted to appear in court.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bible says Adam and Eve were made how?
2. Finish this sentence: Deloria teaches that American Indians had almost no use for __________________________________.
3. Deloria believes culture shapes religion in which of the following ways?
4. According to Deloria, in tribal communities a person is judged as useful or useless by his or her ___________________________.
5. How does Deloria believe the Indians felt about the establishment of reservations?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)