|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1 explains that the Indians revere their dead and believe their burial grounds to be _________.
(b) No answers are correct.
2. In Chapter 10, Deloria claims Indians believed which of the following if a person was hanged for an offense?
(a) It was a dishonorable death.
(b) The rope confined the soul in the body.
(c) It was a great honor.
(d) His soul would retaliate against the hangman.
3. Why have many people returned to the reservation according to Deloria?
(a) To be healed from ailments.
(b) They missed their families.
(c) To lean rain dances.
(d) To attend new universities.
4. Chapter 16 discusses moral responsibility and ___________________.
(a) Christian error.
(b) Indian religion.
(c) Christian conversion.
(d) Sacred places.
5. Deloria teaches that Indian religions view creation as which of the following?
(a) A developing relationship with other living things.
(b) A constantly evolving event.
(c) Adam's first breath.
(d) Nothing important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group accused the Gallup Chamber of Commerce of holding a Gallup ceremony in which Indians were not allowed to participate?
2. What is the purpose of the American Indian Religious Freedom Resolution?
3. Although tribal religions do believe in creation, Deloria states they do not believe in which of the following?
4. Deloria explains that many Christian religions believe God exists how?
5. How does Deloria believe some Christians will feel about his comparisons of Christianity and Indian tribal religions?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)