|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Deloria believe some Christians will feel about his comparisons of Christianity and Indian tribal religions?
2. How were the Indians arrested at the 1968 protest punished?
(a) Tried and acquitted.
(b) Forced to apologize.
(c) Moved to Canada.
(d) Sentenced to life in prison.
3. Chapter 1 explains that the Indians revere their dead and believe their burial grounds to be _________.
(c) No answers are correct.
4. Who or what dictates the Christian belief of life after death, according to Deloria?
(a) Denominational preference.
(b) The pope.
(c) What the preacher says.
(d) The Bible.
5. In Chapter 3, "The Religious Challenge," what incident is being discussed?
(a) Peaceful co-existence between Indians and Whites.
(b) The ransacking of a federal building.
(c) Ceremonial Indian affairs.
(d) Wounded Knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bible says Adam and Eve were made how?
2. In Chapter 10, who is given credit for developing the early idea of the immortality of the soul?
3. Name the example Deloria gives for the third type of sacred land.
4. In Chapter 10, what is Deloria's opinion of an afterlife with no difficulties?
5. The pope and Billy Graham believe that the revival of demonism, devil worship, astrological and numerological sciences are the devil's work. How does Deloria view these forms or worship?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)