|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name one problem with modern society and tribal cultures according to Deloria.
(a) Some tribes choose not to use modern conveniences, such as electricity.
(b) The Indians prefer to live in tepees.
(c) Most tribes prefer to use their native language instead of English.
(d) Automobiles are not allowed on reservations.
2. When did the American public learn a great deal about American Indians?
(a) The 1940's.
(b) The 1990's.
(d) The 1960's and 1970's.
3. In Chapter 14, Deloria expresses concern about the ongoing tug-of-war between the old tribal culture and ________________________.
(a) Modern conveniences and education.
(b) Missionaries and politicians.
(c) Technology and education.
(d) Technology and modern conveniences.
4. Deloria believes that Western commercial interests and Christianity have gone hand in hand to do which of the following?
(a) Unite Indian tribes worldwide.
(b) Annihilate anyone that disagrees with them.
(c) Destroy nations of the world for trade and conversion.
(d) Modernize the world.
5. According to Deloria, how did outside influences affect tribal religion?
(a) Many Indians converted to Christianity.
(b) Tribal religion basically disappeared.
(c) Many Indians were confused.
(d) Tribal religion was not affected in any way.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Deloria believed that as technology expanded, tribal religion suffered because of which of the following?
2. Chapter 7, "The Spatial Problem of History," addresses the spatial issues involved with which of the following?
3. In Chapter 15, Deloria said the United States established a claims commission in order to do which of the following?
4. In Chapter 17, Deloria states that Christianity is _________________.
5. In Chapter 10, Deloria states that Indian tribal religions do not believe in which of the following?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)