|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Deloria states that Indian tribal religions do not believe in which of the following?
(a) In a soul.
(b) In forgiveness of sins.
(c) The soul must account for misdeeds during life.
(d) The soul lives on forever.
2. Deloria claims that religion dominates a tribal culture and which of the following?
(a) Political activity is less important.
(b) Ceremonial activities are not political.
(c) Political activity and religious activity are always clearly defined.
(d) Political activity and religious activity are intertwined.
3. According to Deloria, Arizona tribes used symbols on a _____________ in an attempt to keep events in chronological order.
(a) Animal hide.
(b) Calendar stick.
(c) Cave wall.
4. In Chapter 5, the author believes Christians tend to see creation as the beginning of time and what?
(a) A specific sequence of events.
(b) The beginning of religion.
(c) A mythological tale.
(d) A divine plan.
5. Deloria believes tribal religions have an advantage over Christians because their ceremonies involve the entire community and which of the following?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Create cohesion and unity.
(c) Are not boring.
(d) Have 100% participation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although tribal religions do believe in creation, Deloria states they do not believe in which of the following?
2. Name one reason mentioned in Chapter 4 that tribal religions hold a place sacred.
3. Chapter 16 discusses moral responsibility and ___________________.
4. If Christianity faces internal collapse, Deloria offers which of the following suggestions?
5. According to Deloria, who believes creation will eventually end in destruction and judgment?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)