|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Deloria claims Indians were stereotyped into two categories prior to the incident at _______________.
(a) Gallop, New Mexico.
(b) Little Big Horn.
(c) The Colorado River.
(d) Wounded Knee.
2. While Christianity is a relationship between one person and God, how does Deloria explain tribal religions?
(a) More complicated because of ceremonial rites.
(b) A covenant between a particular god and a particular community.
(c) Always changing.
(d) Not as personal.
3. What does Deloria claim the Iroquois and Cherokee use as part of their religious practices?
(b) Rain dances.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Dream interpretation.
4. In Chapter 10, regarding immortality of the soul and resurrection of the dead, Deloria claims Indian religions ____________________________.
(a) Show no concern for either doctrine.
(b) No answer is correct.
(c) Believe they are one in the same.
(d) Are only interested in the soul's immortality.
5. In Chapter 10, Deloria claims Indians believed which of the following if a person was hanged for an offense?
(a) His soul would retaliate against the hangman.
(b) It was a dishonorable death.
(c) It was a great honor.
(d) The rope confined the soul in the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Deloria also claims that many Christians are "married" to the idea that Columbus ___________________.
2. What was the reason for most Indian protests?
3. What group accused the Gallup Chamber of Commerce of holding a Gallup ceremony in which Indians were not allowed to participate?
4. According to Deloria, who believes creation will eventually end in destruction and judgment?
5. Deloria claims Christianity puts a great deal of focus on creation and what it means to _________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)