|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Using the example of the Crusades, Deloria accuses Christians of which of the following?
(a) Going on a retreat.
(b) Attacking other cultures.
(c) Witnessing to the Indians.
(d) Spreading their beliefs.
2. Chapter 5 claims that Christian theology has a theory of how ____________.
(a) Indians should worship.
(b) Sin entered the world.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Nature relates to humans.
3. Deloria asserts that Indian religions think of creation as the environment and how it relates to what?
(b) A specific place.
(c) The moon.
(d) Other planets.
4. The title of Chapter Ten is "___________ and Religion."
5. In 1821, the Potawatomi chief, Metea, said the following when confronted with surrendering this tribe's land: "We are fearful we shall offend their spirits if we sell our lands; and we are fearful we shall offend you if we do not sell them." Who was Metea referring to when he said "their"?
(a) His ancestors.
(b) The army.
(c) Members of his tribe.
(d) The buffalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 3, when was there rampant interest in American Indian traditions?
2. Deloria claims that the only belief common to both Christianity and Indian religions is which of the following?
3. Deloria claims it is widely believed that the lack of record keeping in American Indian history is probably responsible for which of the following?
4. Deloria also claims that many Christians are "married" to the idea that Columbus ___________________.
5. Deloria explains that the Amish relate land, community, and religion into _____________________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)