|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 6, "The Concept of History," relates religion to which of the following?
(a) Chronological details of events.
(b) American Indian tribal events.
(c) Christianity's evolution throughout history.
(d) Religious wars.
2. What was the reason for most Indian protests?
(a) Tribal attire.
(b) The violation of government treaties.
(c) Territorial boundaries.
(d) Disputes among tribes.
3. In Chapter 1, why was the publication of the National Indian Youth Council's pamphlet considered a monumental event?
(a) It was written by fifth graders.
(b) It became mandatory reading.
(c) It involved the younger generation.
(d) It was banned in every American high school.
4. According to Chapter 3, when was there rampant interest in American Indian traditions?
5. The Bible says Adam and Eve were made how?
(a) In a garden.
(b) From plants.
(c) In the likeness of God.
(d) From water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the discussion states that there are many differences between what two religions?
2. In Chapter 3, the explosion of the New Age culture is attributed to people being interested in creating their own religion to suit their needs. Name another non-traditional form of worship that drew attention from the New Age culture.
3. Deloria claims that the chronology of Christian culture and religious doctrine is dependent on the presence of which of the following?
4. In Chapter 9, "Natural and Hybrid Peoples," Deloria discusses the various images invoked when one thinks about which of the following?
5. What group accused the Gallup Chamber of Commerce of holding a Gallup ceremony in which Indians were not allowed to participate?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)