|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Deloria claims Christianity puts a great deal of focus on creation and what it means to _________.
2. How did Deloria believe American Indians were treated?
(b) Like everyone else.
(c) Well .
(d) Differently than other ethnic groups.
3. What is the purpose of the American Indian Religious Freedom Resolution?
(a) Protects the religion and ceremonial rites of American Indians.
(b) Forbids Indians from attending white churches.
(c) Protects Indian children from being forced to attend Sunday School.
(d) Allows whites to participate in Indian ceremonial rites.
4. Why do some Americans object to the term "Native Americans"?
(a) The title "American Indian" is politically correct.
(b) Some people object to everything.
(c) They believe anyone born in the United States is a native American.
(d) The word "native" bears a negative connotation.
5. Repeatedly, Deloria mentions that Indian tribal religions believe in a vital relationship between which of the following?
(a) Animals and trees.
(b) Nature and space.
(c) Humans and stars.
(d) Nature and humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 discusses the fact that liberals tend to ___________________________.
2. Deloria believes one of the greatest offenses to the Indian tribes was what?
3. Deloria teaches that many tribal religions refer to God as which of the following?
4. What does Deloria believe caused science to pierce the veil of nature?
5. What did the Gold Rush cause the American Indians to do?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)