|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Deloria believes that historically, in regards to a Supreme Being, humans have transferred their own personality traits onto the deity. This statement is made to support his description of the Christian God as what?
2. What was the reason for most Indian protests?
(a) Territorial boundaries.
(b) Disputes among tribes.
(c) The violation of government treaties.
(d) Tribal attire.
3. Deloria also claims that many Christians are "married" to the idea that Columbus ___________________.
(a) Discovered America.
(b) Came from England.
(c) Is never wrong.
(d) Failed on his journey.
4. Chapter 5 claims that Christian theology has a theory of how ____________.
(a) Nature relates to humans.
(b) Sin entered the world.
(c) Indians should worship.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. According to Chapter 3, when was there rampant interest in American Indian traditions?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Deloria claims that the domestic affairs of the United States included the American Indians up until what date?
2. Deloria teaches that many tribal religions refer to God as which of the following?
3. In Chapter 8, the origins of religion are examined from which of the following?
4. In Chapter 2, Deloria claims Indians were stereotyped into two categories prior to the incident at _______________.
5. During WWII, why did many Indians move to the west?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)