|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the 1960's, how did many tribes across the country begin to protest their treatment?
(a) Marching across the country.
(b) Scalping their enemies.
(c) Asserting their tribal identity.
(d) Writing news articles.
2. A major development during the 1970's and 1980's was ___________________.
(a) The interest in the Indian movement by non-Indians.
(b) The creation of smaller Indian reservations.
(c) The creation of larger Indian reservations.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. In Chapter3, ecologists tried to turn attention away from the Civil Rights Movement by turning attention to what?
(a) Bacteria in the ocean.
(b) The continent's rapidly deteriorating ecosystem.
(c) Ocean temperature.
(d) The environment.
4. Deloria claims in Chapter 1 that "token" Indians were always present on what holidays?
(a) Easter and Christmas.
(b) Christmas and New Years.
(c) Columbus Day and Thanksgiving.
(d) Thanksgiving and Memorial Day.
5. What did the Civil Rights Movement promise?
(a) Lower taxes.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) A better society.
(d) Religious freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Deloria believes one of the greatest offenses to the Indian tribes was what?
2. In Chapter 2, Deloria claims Indians were stereotyped into two categories prior to the incident at _______________.
3. In Chapter 3, "The Religious Challenge," what incident is being discussed?
4. Chapter 1 says that the first great protest was held on what border?
5. What was the reason for most Indian protests?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)