|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, the explosion of the New Age culture is attributed to people being interested in creating their own religion to suit their needs. Name another non-traditional form of worship that drew attention from the New Age culture.
(a) All answers are correct.
2. Until the 1970's, why did the term "vanishing Americans" refer to American Indians?
(a) Most believed they were extinct.
(b) Most of them had died.
(c) There were not any at Wal Mart.
(d) They all moved to Canada.
3. In Chapter 2, Deloria claims Indians were stereotyped into two categories prior to the incident at _______________.
(a) Wounded Knee.
(b) The Colorado River.
(c) Gallop, New Mexico.
(d) Little Big Horn.
4. According to Chapter 3, when was there rampant interest in American Indian traditions?
5. How was one way Indians tried to preserve their rights in Chapter 1?
(a) By holding whites hostage.
(b) By using the legal system.
(c) By holding hunger strikes.
(d) By retaliating on white cemeteries.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the BIA ordered to find areas for the California Indians to reside?
2. In the 1960's, the Indians protested against government programs that stripped timber from their forests. What other privilege was taken away?
3. In Chapter3, ecologists tried to turn attention away from the Civil Rights Movement by turning attention to what?
4. During the 1960's protests, why were the Indians angry?
5. Name one major development between 1972 and 1990 that was mentioned in Chapter 2.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)