|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During WWII, why did many Indians move to the west?
(a) To work in various war industries.
(b) To join the Peace Corp.
(c) To fight.
(d) To hide on reservations.
2. In Chapter 3, "The Religious Challenge," what incident is being discussed?
(a) Wounded Knee.
(b) Ceremonial Indian affairs.
(c) Peaceful co-existence between Indians and Whites.
(d) The ransacking of a federal building.
3. In the 1960's, the Indians protested against government programs that stripped timber from their forests. What other privilege was taken away?
(a) Wearing tribal clothing.
(b) Fishing rights.
(c) Using boats.
4. Chapter 1 says that the first great protest was held on what border?
5. When did the American public learn a great deal about American Indians?
(a) The 1940's.
(b) The 1990's.
(c) The 1960's and 1970's.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deloria, when did many traditionally religious people begin to embrace the Indian religion?
2. How did Deloria believe American Indians were treated?
3. Until the 1970's, why did the term "vanishing Americans" refer to American Indians?
4. According to Chapter 3, when was there rampant interest in American Indian traditions?
5. What was the reason for most Indian protests?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)