|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the 1960's and 1970's, large numbers of American Indians lived in what areas?
(b) The West, around the Great Lakes, and in the southeastern U. S.
(c) Texas and New Mexico.
(d) The Rocky Mountains.
2. Why were the Gallup Indians upset with the town?
(a) The Indians were not allowed to attend school.
(b) There were no Indian restaurants.
(c) For excluding them from civic events.
(d) The Indians were worked as slaves.
3. What does BIA stand for?
(a) Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(b) Basic Indian Area.
(c) Blackfoot Indian Association.
(d) Brooklyn Indian Administration.
4. Chapter 4 discusses the fact that liberals tend to ___________________________.
(a) Support Indian causes.
(b) Vote democratic.
(c) Be more sympathetic to mankind.
(d) Vote republican.
5. When was the BIA ordered to find areas for the California Indians to reside?
(a) During the Great Depression.
(b) During WWII.
(c) During WWI.
(d) During the Civil Rights Movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what issue was the 1968 protest?
2. Chapter 1 says that many people believed Indian settlements were located where?
3. Deloria claims in Chapter 1 that "token" Indians were always present on what holidays?
4. By the 1960's, how did many tribes across the country begin to protest their treatment?
5. Chapter 1 says that the first great protest was held on what border?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)