|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Deloria expresses concern about the ongoing tug-of-war between the old tribal culture and ________________________.
(a) Modern conveniences and education.
(b) Missionaries and politicians.
(c) Technology and education.
(d) Technology and modern conveniences.
2. In Chapter 17, Deloria complains that religious interpretation does not try to understand religious experiences beyond ________________.
(a) North America.
(c) What concerns most people.
(d) The realm of Christianity.
3. According to Deloria, what other group has similar success to the Amish?
4. Deloria claims that the only belief common to both Christianity and Indian religions is which of the following?
(c) A creator.
5. Repeatedly, Deloria mentions that Indian tribal religions believe in a vital relationship between which of the following?
(a) Nature and space.
(b) Humans and stars.
(c) Animals and trees.
(d) Nature and humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Deloria believes that the distinction between the immortality of the soul and the Christian ideal of the resurrection of the dead is best described as which of the following?
2. By the 1500's, Deloria claims it was popularly accepted that the Indians could live on their natural land, until which of the following took place?
3. Deloria teaches that many tribal religions refer to God as which of the following?
4. According to Deloria, how did outside influences affect tribal religion?
5. In Chapter 5, Deloria explains that the Indian beliefs of creation go back to what concept?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)