|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With regards to supernatural phenomena, such as meteors and supernovae, Deloria accuses Christians of which of the following?
(a) Celebrated the events.
(b) Joined the Indians in celebration.
(c) Hid in their cellars.
(d) Tended to fear celestial happenings.
2. Chapter 5 claims that Christian theology has a theory of how ____________.
(a) Sin entered the world.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Nature relates to humans.
(d) Indians should worship.
3. During the 1960's, what made the American people realize that there were still a large number of American Indians in the United States?
(a) Many Indians moved to the city.
(b) More movies about Indians were made.
(c) It was on the Internet.
(d) Indian protests.
4. In Chapter 5, the discussion states that there are many differences between what two religions?
(a) No answer is correct.
(b) Catholics and Protestants.
(c) Christianity and Indian tribal religions.
(d) Methodists and Baptists.
5. The first great protest was held in 1968 by the __________ Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what issue was the 1968 protest?
2. When did the American public learn a great deal about American Indians?
3. Deloria believes that historically, in regards to a Supreme Being, humans have transferred their own personality traits onto the deity. This statement is made to support his description of the Christian God as what?
4. In Chapter 1, why was the publication of the National Indian Youth Council's pamphlet considered a monumental event?
5. How did Deloria believe American Indians were treated?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)