|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A major development during the 1970's and 1980's was ___________________.
(a) The creation of smaller Indian reservations.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) The creation of larger Indian reservations.
(d) The interest in the Indian movement by non-Indians.
2. In Chapter 1, why were many Indians arrested illegally?
(a) Federal government did not have jurisdiction.
(b) The Indians were not read their legal rights.
(c) The Indians were in Canada.
(d) It is illegal to arrest an Indian.
3. In Chapter 6, another major distinction between Christianity and tribal religions that Deloria mentions is which of the following?
(a) No answer is correct.
(b) No religious controversy between tribes.
(c) All tribal religions are controversial.
(d) No religious controversy between Christians.
4. Chapter 5 discusses the differences among religions on what topic?
(b) Life after death.
5. Deloria believes that historically, in regards to a Supreme Being, humans have transferred their own personality traits onto the deity. This statement is made to support his description of the Christian God as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the author explains that some tribal religions believe humans can not only change into animals and birds, but they can also change into what?
2. Christianity and Indians agree that there is a significant role of ________________ in religion.
3. The National Indian Youth Council published a pamphlet to inform the public of Gallup's actions. What was the title of this pamphlet?
4. In Chapter 5, the discussion states that there are many differences between what two religions?
5. Deloria claims it is widely believed that the lack of record keeping in American Indian history is probably responsible for which of the following?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)