|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Deloria claims that religion dominates a tribal culture and which of the following?
(a) Political activity is less important.
(b) Political activity and religious activity are always clearly defined.
(c) Political activity and religious activity are intertwined.
(d) Ceremonial activities are not political.
2. Name one reason mentioned in Chapter 4 that tribal religions hold a place sacred.
(a) Their beliefs and experiences are based on relationships with other living things.
(b) They love the land.
(c) They practice magic there.
(d) No answer is correct.
3. What is the Christian doctrine of life after death?
(a) The resurrection of the body.
(b) No life at all.
(c) Living in bright light.
(d) Living as butterflies.
4. Deloria believes Christian theologians have failed to explain how ___________________.
(a) Adam came to exist.
(b) Creation evolved.
(c) Evil can exist in a perfect world.
(d) Sin is perceived.
5. What people do Deloria claim fears death more than any other group?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deloria, when did many traditionally religious people begin to embrace the Indian religion?
2. Chapter 5 says Christians believe creation began when?
3. The author emphasizes that Indian religions are not _________________________.
4. Why were the Gallup Indians upset with the town?
5. How does Chapter 1 claim the Indians were treated by many of the gold rush miners?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)