|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 12 details __________________ and how it affects religious cultures.
(a) Group mentality.
(b) Personal beliefs.
(c) Church hierarchy.
(d) Political movements.
2. Deloria claims that many cultures perceive God as man because of which of the following?
(a) Wording in the Bible.
(b) They are egotistical.
(c) They are ignorant.
(d) Indian beliefs.
3. Chapter 5 discusses the differences among religions on what topic?
(b) Life after death.
4. Chapter 1 says that the first great protest was held on what border?
5. According to Deloria in Chapter 11, what creates Christian denominations?
(a) The pope.
(b) Geographic locations.
(c) Different governments.
(d) Doctrinal disagreements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Deloria argues that Christian doctrines of repentance, conversion, redemption, salvation, confession, absolution, and eternal life were created directly as a response to religious beliefs on which of the following?
2. The author explains that Indian religions do not promote which of the following?
3. What are the two stereotypical categories Deloria refers to?
4. Chapter 8, "Origin of Religio n," states which of the following regarding the origin of religion?
5. A major development during the 1970's and 1980's was ___________________.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)