|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With regards to supernatural phenomena, such as meteors and supernovae, Deloria accuses Christians of which of the following?
(a) Hid in their cellars.
(b) Tended to fear celestial happenings.
(c) Celebrated the events.
(d) Joined the Indians in celebration.
2. Deloria claims it is widely believed that the lack of record keeping in American Indian history is probably responsible for which of the following?
(a) Mystery surrounding Indian events.
(b) Lost dates and times.
(c) Great oral traditions of the Indian tribes.
(d) Lack of historical information.
3. In Chapter 8, the origins of religion are examined from which of the following?
(a) No answer is correct.
(b) The Germanic myth to Columbus.
(c) The Germanic myth to the Hopi.
(d) Japan to Alaska.
4. What did the Gold Rush cause the American Indians to do?
(b) Welcome newcomers.
(c) Move to Canada.
5. The pope and Billy Graham believe that the revival of demonism, devil worship, astrological and numerological sciences are the devil's work. How does Deloria view these forms or worship?
(a) Not devil worship.
(b) People just having fun.
(c) Indian experimentation.
(d) Curiosity among teenagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1950's, the BIA initiated a relocation program in California in an attempt to sell something that belonged to the Indians. What were they trying to sell?
2. The author explains that Indian religions do not promote which of the following?
3. While Christianity is a relationship between one person and God, how does Deloria explain tribal religions?
4. Chapter 5 discusses the differences among religions on what topic?
5. In Chapter 1, why were many Indians arrested illegally?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)