|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deloria claim the Iroquois and Cherokee use as part of their religious practices?
(b) Dream interpretation.
(c) Rain dances.
(d) The Bible.
2. The author explains that Indian religions do not promote which of the following?
(a) Any creation theory.
(b) No answer is correct.
(c) Relationships with nature.
(d) A personal relationship with God.
3. The majority of Indian religions, claims Deloria, refuse to think of a supreme being how?
(a) As an animal.
(b) At all.
(c) During the day.
4. In Chapter 2, Deloria claims Indians were stereotyped into two categories prior to the incident at _______________.
(a) Little Big Horn.
(b) Gallop, New Mexico.
(c) Wounded Knee.
(d) The Colorado River.
5. The author emphasizes that Indian religions are not _________________________.
(a) Old traditions.
(c) In conflict with nature.
(d) Sin oriented.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Deloria claims that the domestic affairs of the United States included the American Indians up until what date?
2. Chapter 4 discusses the fact that liberals tend to ___________________________.
3. According to Deloria, who believes creation will eventually end in destruction and judgment?
4. Chapter 12 details __________________ and how it affects religious cultures.
5. Deloria claims in Chapter 1 that "token" Indians were always present on what holidays?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)