|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what dictates the Christian belief of life after death, according to Deloria?
(a) What the preacher says.
(b) Denominational preference.
(c) The pope.
(d) The Bible.
2. After the 1968 protest, where was the next major protest held?
(a) Boulder, Colorado.
(b) Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) Gallup, New Mexico.
(d) Sacramento, California.
3. According to the author, one of the first distinctions between Christianity and Indian religions is what?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The supreme being is perceived.
(c) The day of the week they worship.
(d) The fact that Christians worship in buildings.
4. In the 1960's, the Indians protested against government programs that stripped timber from their forests. What other privilege was taken away?
(b) Wearing tribal clothing.
(c) Fishing rights.
(d) Using boats.
5. In Chapter 10, Deloria claims Indians believed which of the following if a person was hanged for an offense?
(a) It was a great honor.
(b) The rope confined the soul in the body.
(c) His soul would retaliate against the hangman.
(d) It was a dishonorable death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Deloria claims in Chapter 12 that American Christians discourage which of the following practices fundamental to tribal religions?
2. What is the Christian doctrine of life after death?
3. Deloria claims that religion dominates a tribal culture and which of the following?
4. Deloria feels that religions that depend on articulation of doctrinal propositions to maintain themselves are which of the following?
5. During the 1950's, the BIA initiated a relocation program in California in an attempt to sell something that belonged to the Indians. What were they trying to sell?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)