1. In Chapter 1, Deloria claims that the domestic affairs of the United States included the American Indians up until what date?
2. Until the 1970's, why did the term "vanishing Americans" refer to American Indians?
(a) Most of them had died.
(b) They all moved to Canada.
(c) Most believed they were extinct.
(d) There were not any at Wal Mart.
3. Deloria claims in Chapter 1 that "token" Indians were always present on what holidays?
(a) Thanksgiving and Memorial Day.
(b) Columbus Day and Thanksgiving.
(c) Easter and Christmas.
(d) Christmas and New Years.
4. During the 1960's, what made the American people realize that there were still a large number of American Indians in the United States?
(a) More movies about Indians were made.
(b) It was on the Internet.
(c) Many Indians moved to the city.
(d) Indian protests.
5. During the 1960's and 1970's, large numbers of American Indians lived in what areas?
(a) The Rocky Mountains.
(c) Texas and New Mexico.
(d) The West, around the Great Lakes, and in the southeastern U. S.
This section contains 5,285 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)