|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis believe about the story of Jesus turning water into wine?
(a) It is probably fictional.
(b) It can be explained through natural processes.
(c) It was a historically documented miracle.
(d) It is unimportant metaphorically.
2. Lewis disagrees with what common response to crime?
(a) Hard labor.
(d) The death penalty.
3. Lewis would most likely explain the creation of wine through natural processes as which of the following?
(a) Incidental confirmation of biblical authenticity.
(b) A minor miracle.
(c) A part of God's design.
(d) A metaphor.
4. Lewis suggests that the Anglican church and what other denomination have a more commonalities than differences?
(a) The Methodist Church.
(b) The Lutheran Church.
(c) The Evangelical Church.
(d) The Church of Later Day Saints.
5. What is Lewis' opinion of church hymns?
(a) They drive away converts.
(b) They keep church attendance high.
(c) They are probably not spiritual.
(d) They are very important.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the original essay to which Lewis responds in Part IV, Letter 1, "The Conditions for a Just War", what is the final condition?
2. Lewis states that language from what book needs the most explanation for an outsider to understand it?
3. Lewis attributes most of the reduction in church attendance in England to what?
4. What do most people believe about national repentance?
5. Which of the following does Lewis specifically reject as a reason to allow women to be priests?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)