|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis states that language from what book needs the most explanation for an outsider to understand it?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The King James Version of the bible.
(c) The old prayer book.
(d) The New Testament.
2. What war do most of Lewis' countrymen believe their nation had a part in starting?
(a) The Falklands Island War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Cold War.
3. Lewis attributes most of the reduction in church attendance in England to what?
(a) The lack of laws for compulsory attendance.
(b) The lack of a central authority for the Church of England.
(d) Secular government.
4. In Part II, Essay 14, "Revival or Decay?" Lewis warns against a brewing religion centered around what?
(b) Folk magic.
(d) Science fiction.
5. In Part IV, Letter 7, "The Church's Liturgy, Invocation, and Invocation of Saints", Lewis discusses the issue of the Church of England integrating some doctrines from what faith?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Presbyterians.
(c) The Eastern Orthodox Church.
(d) The Unitarians.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Essay 11, "Priestesses in the Church?" what social event does Lewis compare the activity of the church to?
2. Lewis advocates therapy for criminal offenders of what type?
3. In Part IV, Letter 4, "Mr. C.S. Lewis on Christianity", Lewis defends himself against an accusation that he is which of the following?
4. Lewis notes that disagreements from Christian history appear small in what context?
5. What name does Lewis recommend for churches that believe in a high degree of supernatural intervention in the world?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)