|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis believe about the story of Jesus turning water into wine?
(a) It can be explained through natural processes.
(b) It is probably fictional.
(c) It is unimportant metaphorically.
(d) It was a historically documented miracle.
2. Overall, Lewis feels that vivisection should be treated in what way?
(a) It should be criticized.
(b) It should be free from criticism.
(c) It should be outlawed.
(d) It should be continued.
3. Lewis suggests that Christians attempting to communicate with the outside world should use which of the following in their speaking and writing styles?
4. Lewis fears that doctrinal issues will be settled with changes in what?
(c) Scriptural wording.
(d) Church loyalties.
5. Lewis' general attitude towards women who wish to serve as priests would best be described as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Lewis recommend for churches that believe in a high degree of supernatural intervention in the world?
2. What kinds of sins does Lewis believe are the most important to repent of?
3. In the original essay to which Lewis responds in Part IV, Letter 1, "The Conditions for a Just War", what is the final condition?
4. What concept must be warred against according to Christianity?
5. In Part II, Essay 14, "Revival or Decay?" Lewis warns against a brewing religion centered around what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bulverism?
2. Why is Lewis opposed to the commercialism of Christmas?
3. What is Lewis' opinion about Christian literature?
4. According to Lewis' writings in Part II, Essay 2, "Two Ways with the Self", what apparent contradiction exists in Christianity regarding self-love, and how is it resolved?
5. How does Lewis feel about the Anglican church allowing Catholic-like invocation of the saints?
6. Why does Lewis find it important for everyone to read older texts?
7. What theological reasons does Lewis give to reject the idea of women serving as priests?
8. According to Lewis' writings in Part II, Essay 1, "Dangers of National Repentance", what dangers does national repentance present?
9. What problem does Lewis identify in the rules discussed in Part IV, Letter 1, "Conditions for a Just War"?
10. What reasons does Lewis give to support the idea of women serving as priests?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)