|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis believe about the importance of experience?
(a) It is of paramount importance.
(b) It is always distorted and unreliable.
(c) It proves nothing on its own.
(d) It is totally unimportant.
2. In addition to being good, Lewis states that Christianity must be defended for being which of the following?
3. Lewis' books were generally intended to bridge the gap between what types of writing?
(a) Philosophical and historical.
(b) Persuasive and religious.
(c) Scientific and theological.
(d) Scholarly and popular.
4. What types of matters did the member's of Lewis' club discuss?
(a) Contemporary political matters.
(b) Ethical and moral matters.
(c) Social and religious matters.
(d) Theological and philosophical matters.
5. Lewis admits that his earlier writing about the pain of animals was which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one word Lewis uses to describe religions that he views to be true?
2. What is the title of the book discussed in Part I, Essay 13, "On the Transmission of Christianity"?
3. If Jesus' claims about himself were false, what can be said about his moral teachings?
4. How is Christianity related to spiritualism, according to Lewis?
5. If Jesus' claims about himself were false, he would best be considered which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lewis believe that the gospels are not legend?
2. Explain the distinction that Lewis makes between thinking and imagining.
3. Why did Lewis believe that the Nazi emphasis on Nordic myth was absurd?
4. What does Lewis believe about the roles of suffering and discomfort in Christianity?
5. What is the theory of dualism?
6. Explain some of the problems that Lewis sees as challenges to Christianity in England.
7. According to Lewis, how could a Materialist lead a good life without Christianity?
8. According to Lewis, what distinction does Christianity carry, compared to other religions?
9. Why is Lewis opposed to the commercialism of Christmas?
10. Why does Lewis believe that pain is evidence of the existence of God?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)