|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Price argues what about religion?
(a) It is gaining popularity.
(b) It is harmful.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It is impossible to take seriously.
2. What type of doctrines does Lewis suggest that apologetics be used to attack?
(a) Useless doctrines.
(b) False doctrines.
(c) New doctrines.
(d) Outdated doctrines.
3. What forces alter the characters of individuals, according to Christian doctrine?
(a) Witnessing or proselytizing.
(c) Meditation and confession.
4. What did the woman see in Part I, Essay 2, "Miracles"?
(a) A halo.
(b) A ghost.
(d) An angel.
5. Which of the following is not a good use of apologetics, according to Lewis?
(a) Enforcing doctrine.
(b) Arguing against opponents of the faith.
(c) Ruling out contradictions in one's own faith.
(d) Explaining doctrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis hoped that his club would adopt what type of a political viewpoint?
2. Lewis contends that most people will realize that without Christianity what will happen to them?
3. One of the options that Joad believed rational persons were forced to choose from is most like what world religion?
4. How common is the belief in the conflict between religion and science?
5. How does Lewis view the laws of the universe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument does Lewis make to suggest that science incapable of invalidating religion?
2. Explain the way that Lewis states that probability judgments of events in Christianity should be made?
3. Why did Lewis formulate his theories about the suffering of animals?
4. According to Lewis, what distinction does Christianity carry, compared to other religions?
5. What does Lewis believe about the roles of suffering and discomfort in Christianity?
6. What is the role of apologetics?
7. What is the essential conflict between dogma and knowledge according to Lewis' argument in Part I, Essay 2, "Dogma and the Universe"?
8. How did Lewis' Socratic Club operate?
9. How is Christianity transmitted, according to Lewis' writings in Part I, Essay 13, "On the Transmission of Christianity"?
10. According to Lewis' argument in Part I, Essay 12, "Man or Rabbit?", what are the difficulties of using Christianity to become a better person ?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)