Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part I, Essays 1 - 5, Evil and God, Miracles, Dogma and the Universe, Answers to Questions on Christianity, Myth Became Fact
1. What does Joad argue in his original 1941 article, "Evil and God"?
2. What is the theory of dualism?
3. What are the problems with dualism, according to Lewis?
4. What is the problem with relying only on experience according to Lewis' argument in Part I, Essay 2, "Miracles"?
5. What two premises are necessary for belief in miracles, according to Lewis' argument in Part I, Essay...
This section contains 1,122 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)