|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lewis, what is the proper way to make probability judgments about events in Christianity?
(a) According to a bell curve of unlikely events.
(b) According to modern science.
(c) According to a sliding scale.
(d) According to the actions of God.
2. What does Lewis believe about the story of Jesus turning water into wine?
(a) It is probably fictional.
(b) It is unimportant metaphorically.
(c) It was a historically documented miracle.
(d) It can be explained through natural processes.
3. Joad believed that various philosophical theories of human evolution were which of the following?
4. How does Lewis suggest that higher animals might be able to achieve immortality?
(a) By God's intervention.
(b) By a process of selection.
(c) By becoming part of the family of man.
(d) By evolving larger brains.
5. What qualities does Lewis ascribe to the King James Version of the bible?
(a) Brevity and concision.
(b) Beauty and solemnity.
(c) Wordiness and inaccuracy.
(d) Truth and insight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the original essay to which Lewis responds in Part IV, Letter 1, "The Conditions for a Just War", what is the final condition?
2. Which of the following does Lewis specifically reject as a reason to allow women to be priests?
3. What does Lewis believe about the importance of experience?
4. What types of matters did the member's of Lewis' club discuss?
5. In Part I, Essay 23 "Must Our Image of God Go?", Lewis argues against what type of an interpretation of the scripture?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)