|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis asserts that what is necessary in order to know what is "good"?
(a) Christian faith.
(b) A creed or world view.
2. Lewis suggests that what viewpoint is necessary to accept the supremacy of reason?
3. Joad argues that Lewis' point about animal stages does not apply to what type of animals?
(a) Colony dwelling animals.
(d) Higher animals.
4. What does Lewis believe about the story of Jesus turning water into wine?
(a) It was a historically documented miracle.
(b) It is unimportant metaphorically.
(c) It is probably fictional.
(d) It can be explained through natural processes.
5. In Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God", Lewis contends what about evil?
(a) It is unstoppable.
(b) It is preventable.
(c) It has increased over the last few centuries.
(d) It extends throughout human history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis cite as being an important part of the intellectual challenge of faith?
2. Lewis suggests that arguments for or against God's existence are which of the following?
3. Which of the following is one word Lewis uses to describe religions that he views to be true?
4. What causes previous translations of the bible to become worse?
5. In Part II, Essay 16, "Cross-Examination", Lewis specifically denies that an experience of God can be brought on through what means?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)