|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 19 - 23, What Are We to Make of Jesus Christ?, The Pains of Animals, Is Theism Important?, Rejoinder to Dr Pittenger, Must Our Image of God Go?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pittenger does not believe there is a scriptural basis for which of Jesus' claims?
(a) To be able to work miracles.
(b) To be the son of God.
(c) To have been resurrected.
(d) To have divine authority.
2. Lewis believes that faith cannot be based solely on which of the following?
(c) A sense of the divine.
3. According to materialism, reasoning is the result of what?
(a) Movements in the brain.
(b) Quantum uncertainties.
(c) Classical physics.
(d) Unknown physical processes.
4. Lewis contends that Corineous intends to treat Christianity in what way?
(a) As an inferior religion.
(b) As a provable fact.
(c) As the only valid faith.
(d) As only a myth.
5. What forces alter the characters of individuals, according to Christian doctrine?
(c) Meditation and confession.
(d) Witnessing or proselytizing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis contends that most people will realize that without Christianity what will happen to them?
2. Which of the following is one word Lewis uses to describe religions that he views to be true?
3. If Jesus' claims about himself were false, what can be said about his moral teachings?
4. What role does dogma play in a religion, according to Lewis?
5. The terms prayer books often use to describe personal feelings would best be described as which of the following?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)