|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 12 - 18, Man or Rabbit?, On the Transmission of Christianity, 'Miserable Offenders', The Founding of the Oxford Socratic Club, Religion without Dogma?, Some Thoughts, 'The Trouble with.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the most likely products of a state-administered religion?
(a) Conformity and servility.
(b) Political dissent.
(c) Religious revolt.
(d) Emigration and servility.
2. How is Christianity related to spiritualism, according to Lewis?
(a) Spiritualism is a subset of Christian beliefs.
(b) Christianity invalidates spiritualism.
(c) Spiritualism is equally valid compared to Christianity.
(d) It is not a form of spiritualism.
3. In Part I, Essay 8, "Laws of Nature", what was the woman praying for her son to survive?
(a) A surgery.
(b) A battle.
(c) Terminal cancer.
(d) Injuries from a car crash.
4. Which of the following is one word Lewis uses to describe religions that he views to be true?
5. Lewis contends that most people will realize that without Christianity what will happen to them?
(a) They will feel empty.
(b) They will be unable to lead good lives.
(c) They will be able to lead moral lives.
(d) They will feel more fulfilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the audience for the lecture transcribe in Part I, Essay 10, "Christian Apologetics"?
2. What type of doctrines does Lewis suggest that apologetics be used to attack?
3. How should the spiritual faults of others be viewed, according to Lewis?
4. What did the woman see in Part I, Essay 2, "Miracles"?
5. Why, according to Lewis, are good and evil paired together?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)