|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 12 - 18, Man or Rabbit?, On the Transmission of Christianity, 'Miserable Offenders', The Founding of the Oxford Socratic Club, Religion without Dogma?, Some Thoughts, 'The Trouble with.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief does Joad recommend in the writings that Lewis responds to in Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God"?
2. The terms prayer books often use to describe personal feelings would best be described as which of the following?
3. Apologetics is best described as which of the following?
(a) The factual basis of the scriptures.
(b) A logical explanation of church history.
(c) A rational defense of the faith.
(d) A literal interpretation of the bible.
4. What did the woman believe the vision she experienced in Part I, Essay 2, "Miracles" was?
(a) A divine vision.
(b) A prophecy.
(c) Her imagination.
(d) A hallucination.
5. What belief has had the biggest effect on the decrease in reports of miracles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis contends that good and evil powers share what relationship?
2. How should the spiritual faults of others be viewed, according to Lewis?
3. According to Lewis, how do many Westerners react to miraculous experiences?
4. According to Lewis, what is the impact of not praying on a particular subject?
5. Lewis believes that what type of people have a special opportunity to know God?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)