|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 12 - 18, Man or Rabbit?, On the Transmission of Christianity, 'Miserable Offenders', The Founding of the Oxford Socratic Club, Religion without Dogma?, Some Thoughts, 'The Trouble with.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lewis characterize the difference between Christian and scientific approaches to understanding the world?
(a) They are like two difference lenses.
(b) They are two sides of the same coin.
(c) They are irreconcilable.
(d) They have a different atmosphere.
2. Why are Christians sometimes hesitant to "witness" to those they care about?
(a) They are afraid of their beliefs being questioned.
(b) They don't think that person deserves to be saved.
(c) They know how much that person could accept.
(d) They are unsure of the doctrine behind their beliefs.
3. According to Lewis, how does God view death?
(a) As a natural and planned event.
(b) As a desirable means to bring souls to heaven.
(c) As an unintended event.
(d) As a means of punishment.
4. Lewis states that sound value theories demand what of a definition of evil?
(a) It is syntactically identical to good.
(b) It is lacking everything that goodness has.
(c) It is the opposite of good.
(d) It is a perversion of good.
5. According to Lewis, how do many Westerners react to miraculous experiences?
(a) They reinterpret them.
(b) They do not report them.
(c) They ignore them.
(d) It shakes their beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis cite as being an important part of the intellectual challenge of faith?
2. Apologetics is best described as which of the following?
3. One of the options that Joad believed rational persons were forced to choose from is most like what world religion?
4. Which of the following religions does Lewis suggest cannot be believed without the occurrence of miraculous events?
5. The terms prayer books often use to describe personal feelings would best be described as which of the following?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)