|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 12 - 18, Man or Rabbit?, On the Transmission of Christianity, 'Miserable Offenders', The Founding of the Oxford Socratic Club, Religion without Dogma?, Some Thoughts, 'The Trouble with.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What justification does Joad give for his preference of belief in Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God"?
(a) The evil nature of man.
(b) The horrors of World War II.
(c) The existence of faith.
(d) The presence of good acts in the world.
2. According to materialism, reasoning is the result of what?
(a) Unknown physical processes.
(b) Movements in the brain.
(c) Quantum uncertainties.
(d) Classical physics.
3. According to Lewis, Christianity holds what believe about myth?
(a) It is more important than facts.
(b) It is of equal importance with facts.
(c) It became fact.
(d) It is less important than facts.
4. Corineous asserts that Christianity is which of the following?
5. How does Lewis characterize the difference between Christian and scientific approaches to understanding the world?
(a) They are like two difference lenses.
(b) They have a different atmosphere.
(c) They are irreconcilable.
(d) They are two sides of the same coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis state is left over from the Christian creeds after modern science is accounted for?
2. Lewis states that sound value theories demand what of a definition of evil?
3. According to Lewis, what should Christians do about death?
4. Lewis contends that Christianity relates to leading a good life in what way?
5. What type of doctrines does Lewis suggest that apologetics be used to attack?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)