|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 6 - 11, 'Horrid Red Things', Religion and Science, The Laws of Nature, The Grand Miracle, Christian Apologetics, Work and Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis suggests that arguments for or against God's existence are which of the following?
(a) All incorrect.
2. What belief does Lewis reject in Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God"?
3. In Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God", Lewis contends what about evil?
(a) It extends throughout human history.
(b) It is unstoppable.
(c) It is preventable.
(d) It has increased over the last few centuries.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the criticisms that Lewis lays against the common English person in Part I Essay 10, "Christian Apologetics"?
(a) They have no sense of sin.
(b) They are intellectually dishonest.
(c) They know little about history.
(d) They distrust ancient texts.
5. What justification does Joad give for his preference of belief in Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God"?
(a) The presence of good acts in the world.
(b) The evil nature of man.
(c) The existence of faith.
(d) The horrors of World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lewis characterize the difference between Christian and scientific approaches to understanding the world?
2. What does Lewis state is left over from the Christian creeds after modern science is accounted for?
3. Lewis contends that Corineous intends to treat Christianity in what way?
4. Lewis believes that the laws of nature are NOT which of the following?
5. Lewis warns against using religion and which of the following together in the wrong way?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)