|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 6 - 11, 'Horrid Red Things', Religion and Science, The Laws of Nature, The Grand Miracle, Christian Apologetics, Work and Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief does Lewis reject in Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God"?
2. How does Lewis characterize the difference between Christian and scientific approaches to understanding the world?
(a) They are irreconcilable.
(b) They are like two difference lenses.
(c) They are two sides of the same coin.
(d) They have a different atmosphere.
3. What type of doctrines does Lewis suggest that apologetics be used to attack?
(a) Useless doctrines.
(b) New doctrines.
(c) False doctrines.
(d) Outdated doctrines.
4. How does Lewis state that he "wants" to interpret the Christian creeds?
(a) In scientific terms.
(b) Less literally.
(c) As being totally literal.
(d) As metaphors.
5. Corineous asserts that Christianity is which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis state is left over from the Christian creeds after modern science is accounted for?
2. Lewis contends that Corineous intends to treat Christianity in what way?
3. What element of modern science does Lewis contend to be most problematic for Christianity?
4. Lewis states that sound value theories demand what of a definition of evil?
5. Apologetics is best described as which of the following?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)