|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 12 - 18, Man or Rabbit?, On the Transmission of Christianity, 'Miserable Offenders', The Founding of the Oxford Socratic Club, Religion without Dogma?, Some Thoughts, 'The Trouble with.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the woman see in Part I, Essay 2, "Miracles"?
(b) An angel.
(c) A halo.
(d) A ghost.
2. Lewis suggests that arguments for or against God's existence are which of the following?
(b) All incorrect.
3. In Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God", what state does Lewis assert that the concepts of good and evil have failed to reach?
(a) Syntactical uniqueness.
(b) Objective reality.
(c) An equitable plane.
(d) The ground of being.
4. Corineous asserts that Christianity is which of the following?
5. Price argues what about religion?
(a) It is gaining popularity.
(b) It is impossible to take seriously.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It is harmful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What it is about choosing to aid the sick that might be problematic for a Christian?
2. In Part I, Essay 8, "Laws of Nature", what was the woman praying for her son to survive?
3. According to Lewis, what is the proper way to make probability judgments about events in Christianity?
4. What element of modern science does Lewis contend to be most problematic for Christianity?
5. What role does dogma play in a religion, according to Lewis?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)