|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 12 - 18, Man or Rabbit?, On the Transmission of Christianity, 'Miserable Offenders', The Founding of the Oxford Socratic Club, Religion without Dogma?, Some Thoughts, 'The Trouble with.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The terms prayer books often use to describe personal feelings would best be described as which of the following?
2. Lewis asserts that what is necessary in order to know what is "good"?
(b) Christian faith.
(d) A creed or world view.
3. According to Lewis, how do many Westerners react to miraculous experiences?
(a) They ignore them.
(b) They reinterpret them.
(c) It shakes their beliefs.
(d) They do not report them.
4. Which of the following is not a good use of apologetics, according to Lewis?
(a) Enforcing doctrine.
(b) Explaining doctrine.
(c) Ruling out contradictions in one's own faith.
(d) Arguing against opponents of the faith.
5. What does Lewis cite as being an important part of the intellectual challenge of faith?
(b) Personal introspection.
(d) Theological reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corineous asserts that Christianity is which of the following?
2. What was the audience for the lecture transcribe in Part I, Essay 10, "Christian Apologetics"?
3. In Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God", Lewis contends what about evil?
4. Lewis contends that Christianity relates to leading a good life in what way?
5. Why are Christians sometimes hesitant to "witness" to those they care about?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)