|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Essays 12 - 18, Man or Rabbit?, On the Transmission of Christianity, 'Miserable Offenders', The Founding of the Oxford Socratic Club, Religion without Dogma?, Some Thoughts, 'The Trouble with.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the criticisms that Lewis lays against the common English person in Part I Essay 10, "Christian Apologetics"?
(a) They know little about history.
(b) They distrust ancient texts.
(c) They are intellectually dishonest.
(d) They have no sense of sin.
2. According to Lewis, what is the proper way to make probability judgments about events in Christianity?
(a) According to a bell curve of unlikely events.
(b) According to modern science.
(c) According to the actions of God.
(d) According to a sliding scale.
3. What does Lewis cite as being an important part of the intellectual challenge of faith?
(a) Personal introspection.
(b) Theological reading.
4. How do secularism and paganism compare to Christianity as belief systems, according to Lewis?
(a) They are both inferior to Christianity.
(b) They are both equally valid compared to Christianity.
(c) Paganism is inferior to Christianity, which is inferior to secularism.
(d) They are both totally invalidated by Christianity.
5. Joad believed that various philosophical theories of human evolution were which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lewis, what is the most important miraculous event in Christianity?
2. According to Lewis, what is the impact of not praying on a particular subject?
3. How does Lewis state that he "wants" to interpret the Christian creeds?
4. One of the options that Joad believed rational persons were forced to choose from is most like what world religion?
5. Price argues what about religion?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)