|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Essays 1 - 10, Dangers of National Repentance, Two Ways with the Self, Meditation on the Third Commandment, On the Reading of Old Books, Two Lectures, Meditation in a Toolshed, Scraps, The Decline of Religion, Vivisection, Modern Translations of.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The terms prayer books often use to describe personal feelings would best be described as which of the following?
2. Which of the following is one of the options that Joad believed rational persons must choose from?
(d) Moral relativism.
3. According to Lewis, what should Christians do about death?
(a) Pray for it.
(b) Try to prevent it.
(c) Accept it as God's will.
(d) Never forget about its presence.
4. What is the title of the book discussed in Part I, Essay 13, "On the Transmission of Christianity"?
(a) The Godless Child.
(b) Modern Heretics.
(c) Earth Without God.
(d) How Heathen is Britain?
5. In Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God", Lewis states that according to dualism, why is the concept of good itself good?
(a) It is objectively superior.
(b) It is not evil.
(c) We prefer it.
(d) It promotes life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one word Lewis uses to describe religions that he views to be true?
2. Lewis denies that animals have which of the following?
3. According to Lewis, what is the proper way to make probability judgments about events in Christianity?
4. Price argues what about religion?
5. What justification does Joad give for his preference of belief in Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)