|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Essays 1 - 10, Dangers of National Repentance, Two Ways with the Self, Meditation on the Third Commandment, On the Reading of Old Books, Two Lectures, Meditation in a Toolshed, Scraps, The Decline of Religion, Vivisection, Modern Translations of.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following religions does Lewis suggest cannot be believed without the occurrence of miraculous events?
2. Lewis believes that what type of people have a special opportunity to know God?
(a) The clergy.
(b) The charitable.
(d) Those who suffer.
3. In Part I, Essay 1, "Evil and God", what state does Lewis assert that the concepts of good and evil have failed to reach?
(a) An equitable plane.
(b) Syntactical uniqueness.
(c) Objective reality.
(d) The ground of being.
4. Which of the following best states Lewis' opinion on a Christian political party?
(a) It would be highly successful.
(b) It would be a liability to the church.
(c) It would drive away moderates.
(d) It would be unstable.
5. How is Christianity related to spiritualism, according to Lewis?
(a) Christianity invalidates spiritualism.
(b) It is not a form of spiritualism.
(c) Spiritualism is equally valid compared to Christianity.
(d) Spiritualism is a subset of Christian beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pittenger does not believe there is a scriptural basis for which of Jesus' claims?
2. What is the title of the book discussed in Part I, Essay 13, "On the Transmission of Christianity"?
3. Lewis argues that observing things from the "inside" is which of the following?
4. The club that Lewis founded took its name from what philosopher?
5. The philosopher that Lewis responds to in Part I, Essay 23, "Must Our Image of God Go?" holds what position?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)