|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sylvia Huxley say she thanks Bride for?
(a) Repairing her.
(b) Releasing her.
(c) Forgiving her.
(d) Believing in her.
2. When did Booker’s family’s routines change?
(a) When Adam disappeared.
(b) When Booker left the house.
(c) When Booker got his first job.
(d) When Booker graduated high school.
3. How does Bride say she felt while she was waiting for help?
4. How does the narrator say Booker thinks about race?
(a) Skin color is a social construct.
(b) Darker-skinned people have a harder time than lighter-skinned people.
(c) Skin color is fateful,. in an America built on slavery.
(d) Skin color is just skin color, not a flaw or a curse.
5. What color wallpaper does this news from home make Sylvia Huxley think of?
(a) Blue and white.
(d) Floral yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Bride felt about Whiskey?
2. How has Booker injured his arm?
3. When does Booker think he felt freest of Adam’s death?
4. What is Queen doing when Bride arrives at her house?
5. Who does Bride say Booker must have been talking about, in his writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the town of Whiskey, CA?
2. How does the narrator describe Bride and Booker’s efforts to take care of Queen?
3. What advice does Queen give Booker after Adam’s funeral?
4. What happens when Bride finds Booker?
5. What happens when Bride and Booker go to Queen’s house after their reconciliation?
6. What does Brooklyn feel about Bride’s disappearance to deal with her past?
7. How did Booker end up studying economics?
8. Why is Booker beating a man up, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
9. How does Bride endear herself to Rain?
10. What is Bride’s impression of Steve and Evelyn’s house?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)