|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What describes Bride’s state of mind while she is recovering?
2. What does Sylvia Huxley say was the best part of Decagon?
(a) The library.
(b) The other women.
(c) The food.
(d) The work.
3. What does Bride compare her six-month relationship with Booker to?
(a) Time in a hospital.
(b) Time in a carnival.
(c) Time in the wilderness.
(d) Time in a holding cell.
4. What does Bride say is the one flaw with Booker’s looks?
(a) His limp.
(b) His paunch.
(c) His baldness.
(d) The scar on his shoulder.
5. How does Sweetness feel about her daughter’s skin color?
(a) She is appalled.
(b) She is enamored.
(c) It makes her fiercely protective.
(d) She is sympathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sweetness say her skin color is?
2. What made Sylvia Huxley’ previous jail worse than Decagon?
3. What possessions of Booker’s does Bride keep?
4. What is the weather like, the day after Booker leaves?
5. What does Sylvia Huxley say was her first job after parole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lula Ann’s dark skin mean to her mother?
2. Why does Sweetness say she treated Bride the way she did?
3. What does Brooklyn say her impression of Booker was?
4. What kind of relationships is Bride accustomed to having with men?
5. How is Bride’s mother different after the courtroom than she usually is, in her treatment of Bride?
6. What kind of friend is Brooklyn?
7. How does Sylvia Huxley react to Bride’s visit?
8. What kind of gesture does Bride make to Sylvia Huxley, and why does it go so wrong?
9. Where does Sylvia Huxley say she found a refuge from prison life?
10. What benefits does Sweetness say she enjoyed because of her light skin?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)