|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Booker describe the atmosphere in his family’s house after Adam’s funeral?
2. What does Rain prefer to be called?
3. How does the narrator say Booker thinks about race?
(a) Darker-skinned people have a harder time than lighter-skinned people.
(b) Skin color is fateful,. in an America built on slavery.
(c) Skin color is a social construct.
(d) Skin color is just skin color, not a flaw or a curse.
4. What do Steve and Evelyn cook for Bride?
(a) Chicken soup.
5. What does Queen give Bride to eat?
(a) Roasted quail.
(b) Brook trout.
(c) Chicken soup.
6. What is the age beyond which Queen has not raised any of her children?
7. What causes Bride to take off her shirt, revealing her newly returned breasts?
(a) The fire that flares up in Queen’s hair.
(b) A leak in her Jaguar’s top.
(c) Blood coming from Booker’s arm.
(d) Jubilation for feeling them return.
8. Why does Bride take a taxi to Mr. Ponti’s neighborhood?
(a) She won’t be able to fit things in her Jaguar.
(b) Her Jaguar is hard to parallel park.
(c) Her Jaguar is in the shop.
(d) It’s too dangerous for the Jaguar.
9. What was Adam doing the last time Booker saw him?
10. What does Brooklyn feel in response to Bride’s note from Whiskey?
11. What does Bride pick up from Mr. Ponti?
(a) Jewelry of Booker’s.
(b) Booker’s father’s watch.
(c) Money for Booker.
(d) Booker’s trumpet.
12. What turned Booker’s life around, after he leaves his family?
(a) An inheritance from Mr. Drew.
(b) Breaking up with Felicity.
(c) Returning to school.
(d) Beating up the crack smoking couple.
13. Who does Queen say Booker must have been talking to, with his writing?
14. How has Booker injured his arm?
(a) Bar fight.
(b) Drunken fall.
(c) Being arrested.
(d) Logging accident.
15. What is Queen doing when Bride arrives at her house?
(a) Cleaning her rugs by beating them with a rug beater in the yard.
(b) Hanging her laundry.
(c) Sitting in the sun reading.
(d) Burning her box spring to get the bedbugs out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Bride felt about Whiskey?
2. How does the narrator compare the small town of Whiskey to?
3. What term does Booker use for the pedophile he has just beaten up?
4. How long does Bride stay in her car after she wrecks?
5. What is Booker’s central intellectual fascination?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)