|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Booker tell Bride about that caused her to fall asleep?
(a) The history of water in California.
(b) The history of race in America.
(c) The history of land rights in California.
(d) The history of money in America.
2. When does Bride notice that her pubic hair is gone?
(a) When she launches You, Girl.
(b) When she goes on vacation.
(c) When she drives to see Sylvia Huxley.
(d) When Booker leaves her.
3. What is the weather like, the day after Booker leaves?
(d) Severe storms.
4. What does Bride say she would do, to get her mother to touch her?
(a) Break down in tears so she would get hugged.
(b) Lie on top of her in bed, so she would have to be shoved off.
(c) Raise her fists to her mother so her mother would have to defend herself.
(d) Be bad so she could be spanked.
5. Why does Sweetness rejoice in Bride’s accomplishment, in accusing Sylvia Huxley of abuse?
(a) Because it soothed her memories of her own abuse.
(b) Because it helped Bride live with what she had seen.
(c) Because a little black girl took down a white woman.
(d) Because she kept a corrupt woman from get away with her behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Brooklyn?
2. What part of Bride’s appearance does Sweetness say she had a difficult time taming?
3. Who does Bride say Brooklyn dates?
4. Why does Sweetness say she had to be hard on Bride?
5. What possessions of Booker’s does Bride keep?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)