|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sweetness try to prepare Bride to live with, by being hard on her?
(a) Original sin.
(b) The lusts of men.
(c) Her dark skin.
2. What does Sweetness say she taught Bride about white boys?
(a) To fight them if she had to.
(b) To speak her mind to them.
(c) To make sure she always had a trusted authority figure around her.
(d) To cross the street to stay away from them.
3. Why does Sweetness say she had to be hard on Bride?
(a) To guide her spirit.
(b) To protect her.
(c) To save her soul.
(d) To domesticate her.
4. Where does Sylvia Huxley say she avoided in the prison?
(a) The exercise yard.
(b) The library.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The laundry room.
5. What possessions of Booker’s does Bride keep?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His books.
(c) His record collection.
(d) His shaving brush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sweetness’ husband leave her?
2. Where does Bride say Sylvia Huxley’s husband is?
3. What kinds of stories does Julie tell at night?
4. What does Bride remember witnessing out her window as a child?
5. What does Bride compare her sex life to?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)