|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bride say Booker typically referred to her?
(a) As ‘Bride.’
(b) As ‘woman.’
(c) As ‘wench.’
(d) As ‘baby.’
2. How does Brooklyn wear her hair?
(a) Blond dreadlocks.
(b) Short and chic.
(c) Long and sumptuous.
(d) Buzz cut.
3. How does Sweetness describe the upbringing Lula Ann received from her?
(b) Very strict.
4. How does Bride respond when Booker tells her that she is not the woman he wants?
(a) She says ‘neither am I.’
(b) She says ‘but you said you wanted me yesterday.’
(c) She says ‘then you don’t get me.’
(d) She says ‘why do you treat me like that?’
5. What is the name of the literary device Toni Morrison is employing when Bride says that “Lula Ann Bridewell…was never a woman”?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Brooklyn?
2. What is the last thing Bride remembers saying before Sylvia Huxley beats her?
3. Why doesn’t Bride call the police?
4. How old was Lula Ann when she dropped her name and started to go by ‘Bride’?
5. When does Bride notice that her pubic hair is gone?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)